• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Eintracht Frankfurt ***

he's capable of perfect, we've seen it a hundred times before

he's a GHod amongst mortals, that should show more often than it does
Give it a rest. You'd swear he was Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona and Pele all rolled into one what you expect from him

Give it a rest. You'd swear he was Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona and Pele all rolled into one what you expect from him

He's the best out and out CF of those 5, that's absolutely the level of ability he has. Thats where his numbers should be.

Frankfurt team coach, Glasner, plays 343 but with a higher defensive line, greater mobility all round and pace in attack.
Credit to him, Frankfurt looked equal to us despite a man down. Subs looked quality too and hit the ground running.

Its this brick negative football that frustrates fans, we are at home and up a man.

I think we have to remember the stretch of games we’re in. 3-1 up at home against 10 men allows you to ‘rest’ within a shape and not have to play at breakneck tempos. It is preserving energy. I agree that a 4th would’ve been good (indeed, I wanted a 4th to shut the door) but I didn’t expect much more TBH, just the win.

I was going to give MotM to PEH

but the last 12 minutes showed exactly why Dier is 99% of this football club

Your post will have been misconstrued by many.

Let’s first of all get this out of the way. It was a bad mistake from Dier.

However, what you point out is exactly what I felt, and why for me, in January we HAVE to get a back-up of some quality. DeVrij? Great. Get him! We have no-one who can quite do what Dier does for us in this set-up. But the bloke cannot play every single football match. Currently, the ONLY way we could rest him is with a back four, and we know Conte will not do that other than an occasional match tweak.

Important win, good performance.

Responded well to going behind. Didn't panic, but did our thing with purpose and conviction. Created chances, defended well most of the time.

Should have had the game sealed up by the end. But at the same time we've all seen this repeatedly. Team two goals down, looks out of it, gets a goal, bit of mayhem. We saw it out and should hehe increased our lead again.

Possession losses in dangerous areas, without trying something particularly useful are a concern. To be fair it's not something we see a lot of, will happen from time to time, sure Conte will be right on top of it.

We've also seen repeatedly giving away a one goal lead, that's part of why getting that two goal lead is important. We did that.

Good to see Gil show some sparkles. Good game from Sessegnon. Lenglet looks to be settling in very nicely. Some minutes at least for Bissouma and Skipp.

All round good I think with some slight concerns.

Frankfurt team coach, Glasner, plays 343 but with a higher defensive line, greater mobility all round and pace in attack.
Credit to him, Frankfurt looked equal to us despite a man down. Subs looked quality too and hit the ground running.

Press and play higher than you actually have the quality of pressing and possession to do. Get done on the break and when teams play through pressure. Fun games, entertaining.

Gets old rather quickly though as the games are "fun", but you end up not winning enough. Latter days Pochettino comes to mind as not a very good time and similar approach.

Very much prefer what Conte is doing with us given the squad we have.

Yes. I've been impressed with them. Has to be a vey good chance that Glasner ends up with a decent job in the PL

We will turn over Sporting over at home in a fortnights time to go through.

That will help us navigate through this severely congested period = 9 games in a calendar month before the World Cup interval.

Yes, though its more likely than not we need to avoid defeat in Marseille in order to top the group. Not sure its in Conte's make-up to send a weakened team

Brazil is generally known as the country that produces the most skilful and exciting players....

However, despite having paid around £100 million for our three international players, I don't think any of them would do very well in a 'trap a bag of cement ' competition...

Royale's bad touch on a perfect surface that led to their second goal was incredible....

Anyway, at least we got the much needed win last night and more big games coming up....

COYS

Last edited:
Are teams level on points still separated by head to head? I know uefa like to change all manor of rules every few years so wouldn’t surprise me if its now done on least bookings or some nonsense!

Hopefully Frankfurt beat Marseille and not just draw as could see Marseille at least beating our second string by the 2-0 we beat them by at WHL.

Back