• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace ***

Dier lost his man on that free kick and they were almost in on his blind side. Can't trust that man at all.

I'm not sure what that formation was. 4-4-2, 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. It seemed to change around.

We was fairly passive. But to be honest. I'll take a close game. A clean sheet. We are an out of form team. They were in form. So I'll take that as a building block to finish the season.

Better foul than concede like headless chickens. There were at least 3 dangerous counter attacks today we could have stopped by fouling în the midfield or even în their half, after losing the ball with too many players caught forward
Yet we did foul when needed
And kept that clean sheet

Dier lost his man on that free kick and they were almost in on his blind side. Can't trust that man at all.

I'm not sure what that formation was. 4-4-2, 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. It seemed to change around.

We was fairly passive. But to be honest. I'll take a close game. A clean sheet. We are an out of form team. They were in form. So I'll take that as a building block to finish the season.

As @Chrissivad said it was fairly flexible.

I still maintain in the first half there was a back three kind of shape but absolutely looked more like a 442 in the second half to me. There was a bit more vulnerability when Royal was further up supporting Porro imo.

Not to take anything away from the result / performance but Palace didn't really seem up for it, hopefully we can get the same kind of result against teams like Villa / Brentford that are still fighting for things.

Credit to Son today, a shame he didn't get his goal after a quality ball from Romero but did some excellent work defensively, one headed interception that may have been goal saving.

Glad the players got it together to not embarrass Mason or themselves today.

Personally. I like Mason. He knows the club. He loves the club. Will play young players if they are ready and he also has some fire in him.

We have tried the experienced coach route. It hasn't worked.

He showed me something today that conte didn't. A willingness to adapt. Use players to their best ability and drop players that are our of form.

Was it an exciting win? No! But we needed a clean sheet and a win. We got both. And it's hard for him to transition this teams tactics and ethos so late in the season.

Personally I would not be upset if he was our coach. He has been under some so called top coaches. He is young. He seems progressive as a coach. He knows the players and what we need already.

We won't be in the Champions League next year. So we can concentrate on the league and cup.

That was a hard watch. We’ll take the points though.

Nailed on we’re going to finish 7th…ECL here we come.

With Villa getting beat today and still having to go to Anfield, we might need 4pts from the last 3 to be 7th at worst. Or funnily enough 3 draws would probably do the job

I hope we get the Europa league and really go for it, i would be thrilled winning that.

More in Brighton's hands than ours. They have some tough games left; shame that they beat Utd.

We probably need to win all our last 3 to get 6th, though have a shot with 7 points from the 3 games. I'd be surprised if anything less does the trick given Brighton are going well. Only thing which helps is the number of games they have remaining in short space of time after already having a compressed schedule

With Villa getting beat today and still having to go to Anfield, we might need 4pts from the last 3 to be 7th at worst. Or funnily enough 3 draws would probably do the job

I’d much rather we avoided the ECL. It will be a disruption to our season. Given we’re going to have someone new in new charge, I’d much rather we had a week on the training pitch between games, rather than flying to the Faroe Isles or Uzbekistan, to arrive back at 5.00am on a Friday morning.

I’d much rather we avoided the ECL. It will be a disruption to our season. Given we’re going to have someone new in new charge, I’d much rather we had a week on the training pitch between games, rather than flying to the Faroe Isles or Uzbekistan, to arrive back at 5.00am on a Friday morning.
Remember though how Poch's young team first formed and emerged from the EL during his first season, then it took over the league side. It can be very useful

If we end up in the ECL, it just needs some common sense until the last 16 or QFs in my view.

So if we have a group game on the Thurs, leave out completely (i.e. leave them at home) say half the outfielders who are going to start the PL game on the Sunday or something like that. Pick the other 5 who will start that PL game plus others who would be on the bench in the PL games, and then pack the bench with mainly U21s

Just means you retain some freshness

Back