• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace ***

How do you feel about West Ham being (rightly) ridiculed for including the Intertoto Cup in their honours list?

It's a qualifying campaign, rightly ridiculed.

Would be like England including any group wins in qualifying for tournaments

It's a qualifying campaign, rightly ridiculed.

Would be like England including any group wins in qualifying for tournaments
It was an official tournament and the teams in it were of a greater calibre than those in the European Goatherders League.

It was an official tournament and the teams in it were of a greater calibre than those in the European Goatherders League.

Between 95 and 05 there were no winners.
You had 3 teams winning the last game to qualify for the bigger competition.

The quality of teams in a competition doesn't bother me. We should be looking to win it.

I would celebrate if we won the europa conference league

The quality of teams in a competition doesn't bother me. We should be looking to win it.

I'd argue if I was the incoming manager the conversation with the club would be

- Lets go all out for a trophy, Europe or domestic, in first season, even if it puts us in 6th in league
- Get the monkey off the back
- From season two, aim at getting back in CL

I'd be very disappointed at any match where any of the first team or management turned up. The result of the match would not be able to override that.

Now if they sorted the competition properly so that clubs like ours got a bye until the semi finals, then I might feel differently.

You win the conference thing you get a Europa spot right?

Win that you get a CL place.

It’s a route to CL football, therefore it has value, yes it’s embarrassing to be in it when we’ve been cl regulars for so long, but not as embarrassing as not being in Europe at all.

It’s a route to CL football, therefore it has value, yes it’s embarrassing to be in it when we’ve been cl regulars for so long, but not as embarrassing as not being in Europe at all.
It’s not embarrassing at all and this is why our fans are laughed at, we act like spoilt children who seem to think we are entitled but we have won fudge all. We have no right to stick our nose up at any European competition and the fact our fans think we are too good for these competitions whilst still moaning that we haven’t won anything is an embarrassment in itself.

So it's embarrassing to finish 7th? We should have course aim higher, but most in here say 6th is about par, considering the wealth of the teams we compete with. So bar Brighton, we're on par.

It’s not embarrassing at all and this is why our fans are laughed at, we act like spoilt children who seem to think we are entitled but we have won fudge all. We have no right to stick our nose up at any European competition and the fact our fans think we are too good for these competitions whilst still moaning that we haven’t won anything is an embarrassment in itself.

That competition was not intended for teams who have significant European ranking coefficients and we should be excluded or exclude ourselves.

That competition was not intended for teams who have significant European ranking coefficients and we should be excluded or exclude ourselves.
So you would rather us not be in it altogether so we can compete for a place in a competition we are never going to win?

So you would rather us not be in it altogether so we can compete for a place in a competition we are never going to win?

I’d sooner finish as high up the league as possible. But no I don’t believe we should prioritise this competition and I generally don’t hold the other two European competitions in as much esteem as others do either. Rarely bother watching them.

I’d sooner win one premier league to thirty Champions leagues.

I’d sooner finish as high up the league as possible. But no I don’t believe we should prioritise this competition and I generally don’t hold the other two European competitions in as much esteem as others do either. Rarely bother watching them.

I’d sooner win one premier league to thirty Champions leagues.
I’d rather win something than compete in a competition we are never going to win.

So it's embarrassing to finish 7th? We should have course aim higher, but most in here say 6th is about par, considering the wealth of the teams we compete with. So bar Brighton, we're on par.

Not so much the 7th bit. But dropping down to the lowest level of continental football yeah.

So not even qualifying for a European competition would be less embarrassing?? I really don't get the "logic" of some in here.

Not qualifying for Europe would be absolute end of days disaster.

The Champions League is everything, but not being in Europe at all, the club might as well not exist.

We'd have to win 2 farmer's leagues in a row to qualify for the CL.

I'd put my money on us finishing in the top 4 without having to fly out to play goat herders on a freshly ploughed field every Thursday.

Look what a boost it gave to the goons last season. They found their place in 8th but got a 3 place bump without European football.

I don't mind us playing socalled lesser teams in Europe. Football is football. If it really was beneath us we'd have won it easily the time we were in it - but we didn't. If it's such a lowly competition it shouldn't be any match for us, we'd just cruise our way to a trophy and get that monkey off our back - yet, we all know we won't. Because even the conference Europe league is competitive, and if you enter it thinking you're a star way beyond everyone else, you'll get pulled down to earth and lose to some part time amateurs from Macedonia. If we really are the professional team we claim to be, we'll give it our best and win the damned thing. I want us to be in Europe whichever competition. If we don't want to take it seriously, at least it'll be a chance to play fringe players and youngsters.

If anything, we need to learn to play these games where the games themselves don't motivate the players. Football isn't all glam, it's hard work, and if we can't do it on a rainy Thursday in Novgorod, then we're not gonna win any of the big trophies either. We need to stop this arrogance of thinking we're so great - we've only won the bloody league cup twice since fudging 1991! We are the bloody farmers, for fudge sake. :p

Back