• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton & Hove Albion **

Late view, took forever to get home with tube issues

Weird game, we didn't play well but neither did Brighton. Whatever stupid wind up De Zerbi was on seemed to have infected their players, petulant, constantly whining & complaining, constantly on the ground even off the ball (probably a huge component of why the penalty wasn't given).

- Son and Kane goals were great hits
- Probably 3-4 other occasions we should have scored (Perisic hit, Son had an opportunity to hit on left foot, opp where Kane should have passed to Son but was greedy, Deki at least once)
- The two VAR handball decisions are the rules, really no idea what the fuss is
- The penalty we got away with, but I'd like to see the same reaction from people when we don't get one.

Our counters were as good as I've seen in a while, no finish

Dier is still a real problem in the system

3 points done, move to the next one, scratch De Zerbi off the manager list

p.s. two points, 1/the winding up got the crowd more on side, 2/the amount of interceptions Romero made (even if he followed that up with positional indiscipline

keepers should be tall, strong, agile and mean
Same goes with CB's imo. A friend I played with at youth level, got picked up by Herta Berlin when he was 16. After a few weeks, the coach called him in for a chat, and asked if he was getting along with his team mates and if he had any friends among them.
He replied that he were friends with pretty much all of them, to which the coach said
- You shouldn't! You're a CB. They should be scared of you!

Ah that's odd then because he point blank said "no" when asked we were lucky to get the result on the MOTD interview, thanks for posting the quote - At least he acknowledged it on the VAR side of things.

It's for another thread but there is no way the use of VAR could be deemed as acceptable yesterday, sure it's great that it benefitted us but fudge it's mind boggling how many mistakes they're making whilst not exactly being quick about it either..
I think they made the mistake of not calling the pen on Hojbjerg exactly because they were quick (maybe because they had already taken too much time on the disallowed Brighton goals and didn't want to be the cause of another lengthy stoppage?). If they had taken their time, it would probably have been given. But I agree that a lot of calls have been head scratching, to say the least.

It didn't need much time to call that a pen.

The people running VAR either haven't been shown how to use the system correctly, or are just rubbish at their jobs.

Doesn't help when VAR just get thrown in and everyone told just to cope.. wasn't thought out how it would work with current laws at all.

No excuse for not giving it under a VAR review. Human incompetence again.

I can see why the ref didn’t though, the ball changed direction as PEH swung his leg, looked like he got a toe to it.

I think everyone behind the goal thought we’d got away with one there. I was really surprised there didn’t seem to be a VAR check.

Was a stone wall penalty but Atwell said no and VAR will back the ref even with absurd decisions quite / most often, so there we go.
The only reason I think VAR didn’t overturn it was because the ref was looking directly at it from close range. In theory the interpretation from VAR could’ve been that Mitoma had already tried to control of the ball (and miscontrolled it with it heading towards a Spurs player) and Hojbjerg’s contact on Mitoma was accidental.

The only reason I think VAR didn’t overturn it was because the ref was looking directly at it from close range. In theory the interpretation from VAR could’ve been that Mitoma had already tried to control of the ball (and miscontrolled it with it heading towards a Spurs player) and Hojbjerg’s contact on Mitoma was accidental.
Which is a fair reflection on what happened

Back