• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton & Hove Albion **

I’m the only old it seems calling out Hugo for that goal
It was really simple
If he comes (like he does) he has to actually go for it
He stopped halfway, panicked and literally back pedalled over the line
That was all before he headed the ball
So it meant that he could never save it
If he didn’t move, the header was exactly where he was standing before his silly dance
He flapped at every corner and couldn’t deal with anyone being close to him
He called the corner that gave them the penalty that wasn’t
Such a weak link right now
He is defending his line on his heels rather than on his front foot so can only go backwards
It’s literally why he threw it in the net vs arssenal
Real time is never as simplistic as what's written sometimes and I think this is one of them times.

I agree he has been weak this season but I don't agree he was at fault for the goal and I definitely can't be blaming him for failing to react to a deflection

I also agree Forster was brickhoused in being dropped BTW

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I’m the only old it seems calling out Hugo for that goal
It was really simple
If he comes (like he does) he has to actually go for it
He stopped halfway, panicked and literally back pedalled over the line
That was all before he headed the ball
So it meant that he could never save it
If he didn’t move, the header was exactly where he was standing before his silly dance
He flapped at every corner and couldn’t deal with anyone being close to him
He called the corner that gave them the penalty that wasn’t
Such a weak link right now
He is defending his line on his heels rather than on his front foot so can only go backwards
It’s literally why he threw it in the net vs arssenal
I agree with you here. It looked horrendous from my seat in the east upper.

He said we were lucky:

Ah that's odd then because he point blank said "no" when asked we were lucky to get the result on the MOTD interview, thanks for posting the quote - At least he acknowledged it on the VAR side of things.

It's for another thread but there is no way the use of VAR could be deemed as acceptable yesterday, sure it's great that it benefitted us but fudge it's mind boggling how many mistakes they're making whilst not exactly being quick about it either..

Real time is never as simplistic as what's written sometimes and I think this is one of them times.

I agree he has been weak this season but I don't agree he was at fault for the goal and I definitely can't be blaming him for failing to react to a deflection

He wasn’t as fault
The lack of marking was
But he does the basics and he can save that
He has saved them before
But his current set up on his feet is all wrong
It’s really odd

Depends whatever your intention is. If its about defending for 80 minutes, like we do, then they won't work.
If the plan is to keep possession and attack, any of them would be fine. But it's not something you can change in a week! It takes time to adapt.
City play 3-2-4-1 and there's really only 4 "defensive" players. We could do similar. It just takes a lot of practice.

Porro as a FB works in a Liverpool style formation, similar to how TAA works. We could easily go 4-3-3 immediately, taking the risk on Lenglet at LB til Davies is back. Only issue with our squad is that we're down to 3 fit midfielders, so might need to trust a young player as a rotation option there or drop Kulu deeper

Alastair Gold's article below highlights the frustration, boredom and irritation that a lot of Spurs fans feel at the moment relating to Spurs. Good to see one of the journo closest with the club as hopefully it'll help get the message through about the next appointment needing to be the right one and playing the right style. The number of Spurs fans who are losing interest with the club is extremely dangerous for the club and its success

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/de-zerbi-stellini-romero-son-26661057

I wouldn't blame him for the first goal but he was really indecisive about going or not going for the cross.
He was terrible for the disallowed goal that was deflected. It went straight through him, no excuse for not stopping that. The one strength he's always had is his reflexes and reacting to things like that. If that is starting to go he has nothing left to offer.

He wasn’t as fault
The lack of marking was
But he does the basics and he can save that
He has saved them before
But his current set up on his feet is all wrong
It’s really odd

The marking was terrible, but I think there is a lack of confidence in Hugo at corner. There must be something basically wrong in the theory of goalkeeper coaching, hardly any keeper comes for crosses. If people think it's because they are blocked off then clubs need to make an issue of it, VAR should be able to see if that was happening, anyone standing in front of Hugo was not looking to play the ball as it was sent high to the far post.

The marking was terrible, but I think there is a lack of confidence in Hugo at corner. There must be something basically wrong in the theory of goalkeeper coaching, hardly any keeper comes for crosses. If people think it's because they are blocked off then clubs need to make an issue of it, VAR should be able to see if that was happening, anyone standing in front of Hugo was not looking to play the ball as it was sent high to the far post.

he tried to come and brick himself
Thats on him
The guy marking him didn’t even move… didn’t need to
Just really poor keeping

the general quality of keeping has dropped imo, too much focus on keepers who are good with the ball on the floor*, the fundamentals have been forgotten

keepers should be tall, strong, agile and mean

*which is fine, but as a second tier priority

Porro as a FB works in a Liverpool style formation, similar to how TAA works. We could easily go 4-3-3 immediately, taking the risk on Lenglet at LB til Davies is back. Only issue with our squad is that we're down to 3 fit midfielders, so might need to trust a young player as a rotation option there or drop Kulu deeper
I don’t think we could take a risk on Lenglet at LB, he has no pace and doesn’t look a good one on one defender.

Back