• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund ***

Found it pretty nervy to be honest, in these games I always feel we have a mistake in us, Hugo's distribution put us in trouble all night and passing was off all round in the first half, whatever Poch said at HT worked as we stabalised somewhat, Eriksen in particular was much better after the break.

We did get a bit lucky all things considered, nothing wrong with their second disallowed goal, both of ours were near post keeper fudge ups and in the PL Kane probabaly wouldn't have got away with his marauding first. We did waste some opportunities though and I certainly wouldn't call it a mugging.

Great three points, shame about Verts, he can't help himself at times, Davies and Aurier were particularly impressive. Good to stop all that wembley curse nonsense.

Hugo's distribution has been brick ever since
I can remember!
Sort it out Hugo...get it sorted LOL...

Davies MOM tonight, a lot better than usual. Kane and Toby great. Jan good, as were Aurier/Sanchez... Dier and Dembele got the runaround for most of the game, Eriksen was hardly involved for 60 minutes, Son his usual self (not a lot except a sudden goal!)
That's a good summing up.
Diet and Dembele were certainly shown up in the first half. Couldn't get near them and wanted far too much time in possession.

Last edited:
I was at the game and am buzzing

Lloris had a good game and was a big part of our defence when Dortmund had a lot of possession

Aurier had a decent first game for us, I'm a fan and liked what I saw, though he seemed a bit reckless at times and a little bit raw.

Alderwiereld is one of the best in the world and showed that again. Sign him up.

Sanchez seems immense, he made a few mistakes but, that will be ironed out in time with the worlds best pairing bringing him through.

Verts is so close to Toby and gave us another dimension to our play at times. Thought he had killed gotze at first, glad to see it wasn't malicious or even particularly aggressive.
Davies had his best game in a spurs shirt, might be my MOTM
Dier stuck to the plan to the letter with a much improved second half though I think that can be said for a lot of the team.

Dembele ran a lot and showed a tactical awareness this game that I wasn't sure he had, with the caveat that he lost the ball a few times (strange for him) and held on too long sometimes.

Eriksen had a better game than some are saying,he was a bit under par in terms of loose passes/touches in the first half but, he provided a great option all over the pitch with a lot of defensive responsibility which isn't his strong point.

Son was very very good, he rightfully received a standing ovation with a .few Dortmund fans joining in.

Kane is probably the best young striker in Europe. He really is phenomenal.

Pochettino got it spot on today but will need to iron out a few mistakes if we are to really stake our claim to Europe.

Atmosphere was a bit subdued but it was like that in our first group game last year.

I was at the game and am buzzing

Lloris had a good game and was a big part of our defence when Dortmund had a lot of possession

Aurier had a decent first game for us, I'm a fan and liked what I saw, though he seemed a bit reckless at times and a little bit raw.

Alderwiereld is one of the best in the world and showed that again. Sign him up.

Sanchez seems immense, he made a few mistakes but, that will be ironed out in time with the worlds best pairing bringing him through.

Verts is so close to Toby and gave us another dimension to our play at times. Thought he had killed gotze at first, glad to see it wasn't malicious or even particularly aggressive.
Davies had his best game in a spurs shirt, might be my MOTM
Dier stuck to the plan to the letter with a much improved second half though I think that can be said for a lot of the team.

Dembele ran a lot and showed a tactical awareness this game that I wasn't sure he had, with the caveat that he lost the ball a few times (strange for him) and held on too long sometimes.

Eriksen had a better game than some are saying,he was a bit under par in terms of loose passes/touches in the first half but, he provided a great option all over the pitch with a lot of defensive responsibility which isn't his strong point.

Son was very very good, he rightfully received a standing ovation with a .few Dortmund fans joining in.

Kane is probably the best young striker in Europe. He really is phenomenal.

Pochettino got it spot on today but will need to iron out a few mistakes if we are to really stake our claim to Europe.

Atmosphere was a bit subdued but it was like that in our first group game last year.

Thought atmosphere was decent for a Wembley game tbh. The game helped that!

Only thing disappointing about tonight was the attendance. 67343. Should have been 80k at least.
67k looks poor in that stadium but it's still a big number. Don't forget also, general sale was restricted.

Saying that a good 10% of that number must have come from Dortmund. We were directly above them and though a mate got peed off with their drummers I could not help but be impressed as well as a little envious the way they out-noised us most of the game. Watching them collectively jumping in unison also added greatly to the spectacle.

What a fantastic night to be a Spurs fan. Absolutely buzzing.

We really are a terrific team as are Dortmund, and it is fantastic to see us mixing it with the best.

I have truly run out of superlatives for Harry Kane. And Toby Alderweireld? Please Daniel Levy pay him whatever he wants, we will not find a better centre half.

67k looks poor in that stadium but it's still a big number. Don't forget also, general sale was restricted.

Saying that a good 10% of that number must have come from Dortmund. We were directly above them and though a mate got peed off with their drummers I could not help but be impressed as well as a little envious the way they out-noised us most of the game. Watching them collectively jumping in unison also added greatly to the spectacle.
They are probably the best set of fans I have seen come visit us both here and at the Lane.

What a fantastic night to be a Spurs fan. Absolutely buzzing.

We really are a terrific team as are Dortmund, and it is fantastic to see us mixing it with the best.

I have truly run out of superlatives for Harry Kane. And Toby Alderweireld? Please Daniel Levy pay him whatever he wants, we will not find a better centre half.
Compare this game to the last time we played these lot. #progress

On Dortmund... they were fantastic at times. Not seen anyone dominate us in terms of possession for a long time. Dahoud I thought was excellent but their star man was Pulisic. He was brilliant.

What pleased me so much about this win was it was the first win that I can really remember against a true pressing side under Pochettino. And we seemed for the first time to adapt our game plan to suit. We played with a low block, and defended our 6 yard box so well. It for me is a blueprint as to how we should approach the Liverpool game. This is one of my favourite wins under Pochettino.

We want to establish ourselves in that tier of sides who are not able to live at the very top, but just underneath. Dortmund, Monaco, Atletico, Liverpool etc. Difference is the first 3 have all experienced success, so we have a way to go to truly establish ourselves in that category but nights like tonight certainly go a long way to defining who we are going forward.

COYS!!!!!

Compare this game to the last time we played these lot. #progress
Tbf we never really played that game with the respect it deserved as we deprioritised it (rightly) for the league that season. This was entirely a different game imo. They were very good even though they were missing players like Shurrle, Reus, Schmelzer and co but left themselves incredibly open. Was so happy with the way we countered today

Sisokko with one of the misses of the season. Good thing that we were 3-1 up at the time. Literally no excuse to finish as badly as he did

On Dortmund... they were fantastic at times. Not seen anyone dominate us in terms of possession for a long time. Dahoud I thought was excellent but their star man was Pulisic. He was brilliant.

What pleased me so much about this win was it was the first win that I can really remember against a true pressing side under Pochettino. And we seemed for the first time to adapt our game plan to suit. We played with a low block, and defended our 6 yard box so well. It for me is a blueprint as to how we should approach the Liverpool game. This is one of my favourite wins under Pochettino.

We want to establish ourselves in that tier of sides who are not able to live at the very top, but just underneath. Dortmund, Monaco, Atletico, Liverpool etc. Difference is the first 3 have all experienced success, so we have a way to go to truly establish ourselves in that category but nights like tonight certainly go a long way to defining who we are going forward.

COYS!!!!!
Agree they were brilliant to watch going forward, especially first half. The way they seemed to stroll around in front of our defence, passing casually but crisply between them before eventually creating an opening was in stark contrast to our often more frenetic approach. We kept giving away possession far too easily so they kept on coming back at us.

Fortunately though they left big gaps behind their lines for Eriksen, Son and Kane to exploit and that's what thankfully did for them. If they play the same way in Dortmund we might just stand a chance but a lot will depend on their sharpness in front of goal because they looked that good at times tonight we could just as easily find ourselves on the wrong end of a tonking.

Back in Leeds (M1 is sh!t). Great game! Too knackered to add anything more constructive*.

*Harry is turning into a very driven young man. I like.

I was sat in SW corner of Club Wembley and couldn't help but be impressed with their sheer energy, even when they went 3-1 down.

Even after 3 matches sat in the same seat it still feels like a strange place, doesn't help that the 4 seats to my right have been empty for every game so far o_O The 2 rows in front of me were almost completely deserted tonight too, which made for a good view but not conducive to a raucous atmosphere.

This is such a fudging huge result, in so many ways and for so many reasons.

I can't sum it all up into coherent words, I'm sure someone much more articulate will.

But jeepers I am so proud, this will spur (badoom tish) us on to great heights this season. I know it.

COYS!!!!!

For me, tonight was always going to be about Poch and he came through with flying colors. He has, in the past month, proven to naysayers that he will absolutely sign an older player if that player fits, that he has no problem taking on a 'spirited character' again, if that player fits, and that he is absolutely OK changing his approach to things. Tonight was a smart, mature performance, and tonight, this club and that wonderful manager both took several massive leaps forward.

Back