• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund ***

Simple, just play like Burnley.

As we've shown in the past its not actually that easy! We need practice. There were times first half where our deeper press didn't work.

It's great that the side is evolving again with new tatics and players. Still a young side. Once Sanchez beds in and the team figures out how the CBs coordinate stepping out of defense, we will become extremely solid, able to press high or retreat as @milo says Rope-a-Dope style like the other Ali!

I wasn't able to watch the game, unfortunately - however, everything I can gather tells me that this was a truly fantastic way to end our Wembley hoodoo, and in some style too.

More specifically, can anyone give me a heads up on how Aurier played? Specifically how he dealt with Pulisic and what his pace looked like. Danke. :)

I wasn't able to watch the game, unfortunately - however, everything I can gather tells me that this was a truly fantastic way to end our Wembley hoodoo, and in some style too.

More specifically, can anyone give me a heads up on how Aurier played? Specifically how he dealt with Pulisic and what his pace looked like. Danke. :)

Dortmund had alot of the ball and passed it around really well without really creating too many clear cut chances. We hit them on the break with some very good counter attacks and got the 2 goals. Second half changed, Dortmund were not allowed to play it as freely as they were in the first and we were the much better team and deserved the win overall (with abit of luck for their disallowed goal).

Aurier is not as quick as Walker but not far off and in the first half seemed to be playing against 2 men at times (with their fullback pushing up) but handled the game well, he was never ripped apart and looked very confident on the ball. His crossing and passing is an upgrade on Walkers. Did look abit rusti in the first 10-20 minutes but you would expect that from a new signing and the likes of Dembele and Dier also looked abit rusty.

It occurred to me that on occasion their keeper was almost at the centre circle. Had we a keeper with the wit and a decent kick we might have had another couple of goals.

First half son sent through rounded the keeper on the edge of the area and given offside.... Was he offside? Didn't look like it from my view

First half son sent through rounded the keeper on the edge of the area and given offside.... Was he offside? Didn't look like it from my view

didn't look it to me at the time either but after watching the highlights I think he was

It occurred to me that on occasion their keeper was almost at the centre circle. Had we a keeper with the wit and a decent kick we might have had another couple of goals.

That keeper is a calamity waiting to happen, felt we were going to catch him for sure. If I was Poch, I'd have Eriksen or Kane ready to take a shot from distance in return game, press, win ball, hit long ...

They were tiring, but still performing well. Not like Dortmund were creating a lot.

Son gave us vital pace on the break, we would lose that with Winks. Sissoko has pace, but we would lose almost everything else Son brings - a lot.

Dembele is very solid defensively. Winks has looked some way from match fitness. Sissoko for Dembele would be a dreadful decision as he's a defensive liability.

Kane was enjoying himself a lot and looking for a hat trick. I think he was fine out there until taken off.

There just weren't a lot of good options for us on the bench.

Thing is it isn't just the tiredness which was clearly visible on the pitch, it's the effect it has on their preparation for the weekend game. Kane might have been enjoying himself but he looked knackered/red faced and we don't need him to be burning out prematurely. Bringing on Llorente for five minutes is kind of pointless. It takes most players five minutes to get up to the pace of the game. I'm not criticising Poch ( I love the man and 100% know that he knows more than any of us) I'm just saying that if I was ever given the opportunity to ask him I would query why he leaves the subs so late.

Hopefully once Lamela is fit and Alli available (plus potentially Barkley in January), we've got more options on the bench pushing for game time.

I'm going for 3-1 win for us; Kane at the double plus Son with the other; Aubameyang for them

source.gif

Back