• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund ***

In Poch's interview he said they fixed some things at half time... so I'm not sure it was a deliberate plan to sit back in the first half, but he fixed it at half time
Maybe that makes more sense. We rode our luck a little in the 1st half

Last edited:
I had a ticket for tonight but couldn't go because of work. Had a call from a client at 4:25 and had to drop everything. Managed to listen on the radio and catch the last 15 mins.

Gutted.....but elated at the same time.

How was the atmosphere?

Finally, I would like to add.....

Wembley curse? What are you talking about - we fudging OWN that place! COYS!

In Poch's interview he said they fixed some things at half time... so I'm not sure it was a deliberate plan to sit back in the first half, but he fixed it at half time

Looked like a pretty deliberate plan to me. We just didn't press them enough and not high enough up the field, which we seemed to rectify in the second half. It honestly looked like we were trying exactly what we did today. Maybe more so in the second half than the first, but the amount of space behind that Dortmund defense was criminal, and there to be taken advantage of.

I had a ticket for tonight but couldn't go because of work. Had a call from a client at 4:25 and had to drop everything. Managed to listen on the radio and catch the last 15 mins.

Gutted.....but elated at the same time.

How was the atmosphere?

Finally, I would like to add.....

Wembley curse? What are you talking about - we fudging OWN that place! COYS!
Dortmund were loud..

So hard to carry anything but a sporadic chant in that stadium, the top tier at least.

Stopped selling booze an hour before ko around the area doesn't help

I have just followed the game on here!
A great win but a bit confusing by everyone's comments.
We were getting slaughtered first half and some saying we need Sissoko on??
Then when he does come on...same Sissoko!?
Did he manage to change anything?
How much. Of a difference did Aurrier and Sanchez make to the team,although early days.
Will they make a big impact this season?

A few questions there...but whatever way you look at it.Its Tottenham Hotspur 3 Borussia Dortmand 1.
So...stuff that up your Media! :p

I have just followed the game on here!
A great win but a bit confusing by everyone's comments.
We were getting slaughtered first half and some saying we need Sissoko on??
Then when he does come on...same Sissoko!?
Did he manage to change anything?
How much. Of a difference did Aurrier and Sanchez make to the team,although early days.
Will they make a big impact this season?

A few questions there...but whatever way you look at it.Its Tottenham Hotspur 3 Borussia Dortmand 1.
So...stuff that up your Media! :p
How can the range of comments of here be confusing? It's clear - Aurier had a brilliant debut/was shaky and rusty. Need Sissoko to come on/he didn't do anything when he was on. Poch got it perfect/needed to make subs earlier. We were lucky/we deserved some luck. Jan was harshly sent off/Jan was stupid to swing an arm. Der was solid/Dier needs to be more creative. Eriksen was sublime/Eriksen needs to tackle more. Hugo was masterful/Hugo should have saved their goal. Clear now?

Met up with one of you lot! Hands up who it was...said they were Spurs0327. Good game. We were mostly in control and started group off well. Very happy

Found it pretty nervy to be honest, in these games I always feel we have a mistake in us, Hugo's distribution put us in trouble all night and passing was off all round in the first half, whatever Poch said at HT worked as we stabalised somewhat, Eriksen in particular was much better after the break.

We did get a bit lucky all things considered, nothing wrong with their second disallowed goal, both of ours were near post keeper fudge ups and in the PL Kane probabaly wouldn't have got away with his marauding first. We did waste some opportunities though and I certainly wouldn't call it a mugging.

Great three points, shame about Verts, he can't help himself at times, Davies and Aurier were particularly impressive. Good to stop all that wembley curse nonsense.

How can the range of comments of here be confusing? It's clear - Aurier had a brilliant debut/was shaky and rusty. Need Sissoko to come on/he didn't do anything when he was on. Poch got it perfect/needed to make subs earlier. We were lucky/we deserved some luck. Jan was harshly sent off/Jan was stupid to swing an arm. Der was solid/Dier needs to be more creative. Eriksen was sublime/Eriksen needs to tackle more. Hugo was masterful/Hugo should have saved their goal. Clear now?

Cheers mate...

What subs would you have made and when?

In the second half Dortmund created a couple chances from/after corners, other than that we were in decent control I thought.

Son, Kane and Dembele were all blowing from about 70 mins. Sissoko or Winks on for Son or Dembele at 75 mins and Llorente for Kane on 80 mins.

Good game Improved second half. But didn't mind us sitting in during the first as they often left themselves exposed at the back. Thought Aurier looked very good for a debut, Sanchez looked ok but improvement needed imo. Early times though. The more the back 3 play together the better they will get.

Back