• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bayer 04 Leverkusen ***

We messed up in not singing proven quality players in the summer. We had CL football to offer. We could have got Janssen and sissoko regardless.

Still disappointed about last night. Can't believe how bad we were.

Since son has lost his form the team have gone off the boil

We have good players who are in bad form at the minute. Sissoko seems to be getting pelted, but he wasn't our worst player. Dembele was hopeless from the 1st minute til he went off, Alli started ok and faded badly, Walker had a nightmare second half, Eriksen had yet another nothing game.

Some of these players were key to us looking one of the best sides in the country last season, I refuse to believe they aren't good enough now. They are just, unfortunately for us, suffering a collective dip in form.

I think Poch should change up our play a bit, maybe 442 or 3 at the back, quicker and more direct. Something to spark the team back into life.

Need Toby and Harry back asap.

Oh boo fudgeing hoo! We're undefeated in the league.

Why can't some of you just enjoy the ride for fudges suck.. Carrying on like a bunch of spoiled Chelsea brats.

We're not eliminated yet and I know we'll get better.

Grow a pair.
Wind it in mate. My comment that we would be enjoying the CL a lot more if we were winning is hardly contentious and certainly doesn't warrant a response like this.

So you criticise a player for a wonderf
ul free kick with a wall in front of him, but praise eriksen for hitting a shot at a clear goal, under no pressure straight at the keeper.
Jeez!

Regardless of who take them, we should be scoring from these freekicks. Remember, we have not scored direct from freekicks for a very long time now. And I always prefer the player trying those long range shots instead of trying to walk the ball into the net all the time.

Oh boo fudgeing hoo! We're undefeated in the league.

Why can't some of you just enjoy the ride for fudges suck.. Carrying on like a bunch of spoiled Chelsea brats.

We're not eliminated yet and I know we'll get better.

Grow a pair.

How can you ENJOY a ride that's so damn crap to watch??! Thankfully the cost of the Wembley package wasn't much by Spus standards, as so far it's been a total waste of money!! That's why people complain and I feel i'm entitled to be angry, thanks.

Defeats I can handle, but the manner of that was just laughable. Such a gutless performance. That doesn't make me a spoilt Chelsea brat!

"Undefeated in the league" holds no merit at the moment, as we're playing poorly and have just earned a measly 3 points out of 9 from games v WBA, B'mth & Leicester. IS that something to be proud of? Shouting about how we're undefeated just sounds like a pathetic cover up for the fact we're poor at the moment, and gives the players license to be overcautious in defending 1 point when we should be going all out for 3 against those above teams.

We messed up in not singing proven quality players in the summer. We had CL football to offer. We could have got Janssen and sissoko regardless.

Still disappointed about last night. Can't believe how bad we were.

Since son has lost his form the team have gone off the boil

Problem is with the proven players at those values we can't pay the wages

We paid big money for players we could get but I guarantee their not on big money for us wages wise

How can you ENJOY a ride that's so damn crap to watch??! Thankfully the cost of the Wembley package wasn't much by Spus standards, as so far it's been a total waste of money!! That's why people complain and I feel i'm entitled to be angry, thanks.

Defeats I can handle, but the manner of that was just laughable. Such a gutless performance. That doesn't make me a spoilt Chelsea brat!

"Undefeated in the league" holds no merit at the moment, as we're playing poorly and have just earned a measly 3 points out of 9 from games v WBA, B'mth & Leicester. IS that something to be proud of? Shouting about how we're undefeated just sounds like a pathetic cover up for the fact we're poor at the moment, and gives the players license to be overcautious in defending 1 point when we should be going all out for 3 against those above teams.
Hate to agree with this but it's hard not to. We have been poor this year.

Problem is with the proven players at those values we can't pay the wages

We paid big money for players we could get but I guarantee their not on big money for us wages wise
Exactly, the most expensive midfielders who moved in the summer:

Paul Pogba
Central Midfield
£89.25m

Leroy Sané
Right Wing
£42.50m

Granit Xhaka
Central Midfield
£38.25m

Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Attacking Midfield
£35.70m

Sadio Mané
Left Wing
£35.02m

João Mário
Central Midfield
£34.00m

N'Golo Kanté
Defensive Midfield
£30.43m

André Gomes
Central Midfield
£29.75m

Renato Sanches
Central Midfield
£29.75m

Moussa Sissoko
Central Midfield
£29.75m

Grzegorz Krychowiak
Defensive Midfield
£28.56m

Miralem Pjanic
Central Midfield
£27.20m

Georginio Wijnaldum
Attacking Midfield
£23.38m

Ilkay Gündogan
Central Midfield
£22.95m

Nico Gaitán
Right Wing
£21.25m

André Ayew
Left Wing
£20.49m

Mario Götze
Attacking Midfield
£18.70m

Didier Ndong
Central Midfield
£17.00m

Sofiane Boufal
Attacking Midfield
£15.90m

Nolito
Left Wing
£15.30m

Jordon Ibe
Right Wing
£15.30m

Gerson
Attacking Midfield
£14.11m

Rafa Silva
Left Wing
£13.94m

Andros Townsend
Right Wing
£13.26m

Joe Allen
Central Midfield
£13.18m

I'm not optimistic of our chances of progressing from the group. But at least we can focus on the league. Sadly, the league we will have to focus on will be the Europa league. Which will allow Poch to tinkle off half the folk on here by either taking it seriously and damaging our Prem performance or not taking it seriously and missing the chance to win a cup but giving the fringe players a run out and tinkleing off the other half. Good times.

Hopefully the latter. We just can't rid ourselves of that competition.

A lot of the so called "negative" posters get a bad rap for saying we've blown the chance to go top after Bournemouth or that we're weak mentally after games like last night. How about a compromise then? We'll stop saying things like that but all the head in clouds optimists stop coming on here after every uninspiring draw and saying we played well and stop bragging about the fact that we're unbeaten? Fair enough?

GHod that was awful! Absolutely no fire in our bellies... they were poor, we were worse! At least £20 was not a huge outlay for the 'pleasure' of watching that. Very worried we will get pumped by the Goons on Sunday. We seem to be devoid of confidence in front of goal, and we are getting zero breaks from lady luck at the moment. Personally I thought Harry Winks looked pretty tidy when he came on, and appeared to have some time on the ball... Alli faded as he got more and more wound up by the refereeing decisions that were not going our way.

No excuses for any of them tonight, manager included. To a man they played so poorly and on the biggest stage too. Leverkusen weren't good, we just made them look good. Everywhere from goalie to striker we made poor choices on the ball, but even when we tried to do something constructive our passing and control was so bad as to make me question whether I was watching professional footballers or not. It was fudgeing awful.
We had almost nothing positive on show tonight and the scoreline flatters us really.
Yet the funny thing it's that we had more possession and a better passing percentage than Bayer. I'm not saying we played better. We didn't. As bad as it looked, the numbers suggest the opposition was worse, but it sure didn't look like it!

Yet the funny thing it's that we had more possession and a better passing percentage than Bayer. I'm not saying we played better. We didn't. As bad as it looked, the numbers suggest the opposition was worse, but it sure didn't look like it!
I would think our numbers were bolstered by the possession we had in our own half and mostly going backwards.

Does anyone on here think Spurs will let ST holders have a season break when we move to Wembley? I fudging hate that place, getting in and out of so would bloody love to have a season break and get ready for the new stadium.

If they say no, I'm going to loan my ST out for a year to some poor sod.

GHod that was awful! Absolutely no fire in our bellies... they were poor, we were worse! At least £20 was not a huge outlay for the 'pleasure' of watching that. Very worried we will get pumped by the Goons on Sunday. We seem to be devoid of confidence in front of goal, and we are getting zero breaks from lady luck at the moment. Personally I thought Harry Winks looked pretty tidy when he came on, and appeared to have some time on the ball... Alli faded as he got more and more wound up by the refereeing decisions that were not going our way.

Dele Alli's behaviour IMHO was disgraceful at times. He needs to remember that he hasnt arrived yet.

Back