• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bayer 04 Leverkusen ***

Where are all those posters who were defending the side after Leicester, saying critics were being knee jerk and there was nothing to worry about?

Team is not good enough. This is very disappointing. Wembley cannot be an excuse for what I saw today. We are not good enough for the CL.

Agree, but certainly playing away from home in every match isnt helping.

People have mentioned the AVB era, but right now, this rut we are in, for me is worse than anything during that time. 6 matches without a win, only 3 goals in that time, and over 7 1/2 hours without a goal from open play.
Right now we could be looking at December 3rd for our next win

A big thank you to the mod, who has already changed my avatar :)

Have a feeling, I will be stuck with it for quite a while :(

I am not having this spin put on it that we chose it to get used to it for next season. B@llocks.

The decision to play at Wembley was purely from a financial point of view, because I have said it before and will say it many times more. And dont get me wrong, we are not alone, this is no longer a football club
Tottenham Hotspur is a business, a money-making business. Fans are secondary, because for every one they upset, there are plenty waiting to take their place. Any decision made at the club is money-driven.

Everything is money driven.

Well, this was one of our priority games, the one we threw away the League Cup for, right Poch?

Well, we played like utter dogsh*te. Back to front, horrific. Verts can hold his head up high, he did admirably well covering for Dier, Walker and Davies' horrible mistakes. Wanyama was sort of okay. Everyone else was sh*te, toothless up front and spineless at the back. Leverkusen were simply mentally stronger than our lads, who remain as mentally weak and spineless now as they were when they got pumped 5-1 by a relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine and managed to finish behind Arsenal again at the end of last season.

So what exactly did we gain by throwing away the chance for a domestic trophy?

In the end, spineless and mentally weak, almost to a man. Nothing changed from last season, and I doubt anything ever will - this is Spurs, this is what we do, and this is who we are - Poch, AVB or Harry, no one can change our propensity towards being mentally weak at crucial times. :(

I have to say Janssen once again offered nothing. I hate to criticize the guy because he has only been in the Premier League 5 minutes. I get service was poor but his off the ball running is not good enough, there is no anticipation and it wasn't as if he was able to create anything at all by himself. He has to do a lot more than just hold the ball up. The gulf between him and Kane in terms of work rate, shooting and interchanging with his team mates to open up defenses is huge at the moment. I am dreading Sunday tbh.

Where are all those posters who were defending the side after Leicester, saying critics were being knee jerk and there was nothing to worry about?

we dominated the game against Leicester and other than the Wanyama mistake they didn't get in our box

tonight was an absolute shambles all round, i'd say thats the first time this season we've been a mess at the back other than the FLT games with the kids

Well, this was one of our priority games, the one we threw away the League Cup for, right Poch?

Well, we played like utter dogsh*te. Back to front, horrific. Verts can hold his head up high, he did admirably well covering for Dier, Walker and Davies' horrible mistakes. Wanyama was sort of okay. Everyone else was sh*te, toothless up front and spineless at the back. Leverkusen were simply mentally stronger than our lads, who remain as mentally weak and spineless now as they were when they got pumped 5-1 by a relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine and managed to finish behind Arsenal again at the end of last season.

So what exactly did we gain by throwing away the chance for a domestic trophy?

not having to waste our time in that utter abomination of football?

I have to say Janssen once again offered nothing. I hate to criticize the guy because he has only been in the Premier League 5 minutes. I get service was poor but his off the ball running was poor and it wasn't as if he was able to create anything at all by himself. He has to do a lot more than just hold the ball up. The gulf between him and Kane in terms of work rate, shooting and interchanging with his team mates to open up defenses is huge at the moment. I am dreading Sunday tbh.

I think if Poch insists on playing Janssen on his own up top he will continue to struggle. With two up I think it would work well. we should consider three at the back..not that Poch will.

Back