• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Wimbledon ***

jesus, why is Kane playing?
My thoughts too. Am very surprised how strong the team and bench is. Hopefully we start with real intensity and purpose, dare to overload the box with lots of humans and smash them to bits within 20 minutes, then rest up... rather than coasting and then struggling to break them down.

jesus, why is Kane playing?

I think its simply that by the time you rule out Son, Eriksen and Dele as they played 90 mns on Tues and Thurs, there wasnt anyone else. And, despite trusting young players which have proved themselves, Poch doesnt like throwing kids in for games like this

I've just read the part in the brave new world where poch goes on and on about how he gives young players a chance. Weird.

Any guesses on whats happening with WInks? Hasn't started in any of the games this week, and not even on the bench instead one of Eriksen or Dele despite him being fresh and them having started on both Tues and Thurs. Seems a bit odd as I dont remember any mention of an injury
I thought that was strange too. He's in a video on Twitter, so he is there. I hope he hasn't fallen out of favour for some reason. He wasn't great in his last start against Emirates Marketing Project, but who was?

I've just read the part in the brave new world where poch goes on and on about how he gives young players a chance. Weird.

Its a myth isn't it? If a young player proves themself then he's happy to play them regularly, like Kane and Winks, but he passes up so many chances to play young players. There's no reason to have 7 senior players on the bench today - could easily have a keeper and then 3 senior players and 3 youth players....then if we're ahead you bring on the 3 kids, if not you have the senior players there as cover.

Any guesses on whats happening with WInks? Hasn't started in any of the games this week, and not even on the bench instead one of Eriksen or Dele despite him being fresh and them having started on both Tues and Thurs. Seems a bit odd as I dont remember any mention of an injury

He's had an ankle knock hasn't he?

Its a myth isn't it? If a young player proves themself then he's happy to play them regularly, like Kane and Winks, but he passes up so many chances to play young players. There's no reason to have 7 senior players on the bench today - could easily have a keeper and then 3 senior players and 3 youth players....then if we're ahead you bring on the 3 kids, if not you have the senior players there as cover.

Yeah, it's very strange. You could argue that winks is really the only player from our academy that poch has developed. Kwp finally getting a chance is good obviously, but this seems to be the perfect match to blood a few other players as well. Why doesn't sterling or Edwards get a chance? Starting kane in this one just seems, unnecessary.

And again, what the hell has sissoko done to warrant a starting place. But oh well, in poch we trust.

And again, what the hell has sissoko done to warrant a starting place. But oh well, in poch we trust.

Process of elimination this time I think. Dele, Eriksen and Son each played all of the games on Tues and Thurs, Winks has vanished off the face of the earth and Poch doesnt really play kids. I'm not sure who else there was aside from GKN - pretty damning that he can't even get a start today

Jesus, he can’t win. Play a team of kids and he’s accused of disrespecting the club and the competition. Play a strong team and he’s not trusting our young players and running the first eleven into the ground.

Seems a decent side. Surprised Kane is playing but don’t really have that much of a problem with it.

Back