• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan **

once you loose the fans in the stadium it's all over. Daniel only has one choice to make now who replaces Conte
It's also the easy to pinpoint blame on manager which will show the ruthless side of Levy that will shine through. How do you stop the boos at games and divert attention, sack the boss and avail of the initial feel good and optimism of a new gaffer

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I'm fed up feeling angry and depressed at the same time after watching us play. There is just no enjoyment to be had at the moment. Well, there has been in beating Chelsea and City but when we do win it is masking the underlying tedium of the way we play. Porro was a bit of a bright spark when he came on. At least then we had someone actually willing to run at and take on the opposition. But after Sheffield, then Wolves and now tonight, it's hard to feel optimistic. Yes, we are still in 4th, but we need the players to be up for the battle to keep in the top 4, and I don't think they have it in them anymore. But while top 4 is on the cards, I don't think Levy will pull the trigger, unless Conte wants an early out.
In which case we are stuck with this until the end of the season. Great.

Nitpicking mate, not wanted is not the same as unproven

- As comparison, Bissoma and Richi have seasons of experience in PL, Romero, Deki and Bentancur have seasons of experience in Italian league
- Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Eriksen as great as they became, came from much "lesser" leagues, with much less game time.
But your latter examples worked out better.
The proven route ( if they are totally proven) hasn't really worked.
Are we putting that down to bad recruitment? Mismanagement?

And I thought Milan were gash
Fell over at every opportunity
Every now and then hit some long balls
Just sat there waiting for us to do something
Leao is Zaha in disguise I think
Gash they might might have been but a fair reflection would have been minimum 2-0 both legs possibly 3 or 4-0
What does that say about us ?

It's also the easy to pinpoint blame on manager which will show the ruthless side of Levy that will shine through. How do you stop the boos at games and divert attention, sack the boss and avail of the initial feel good and optimism of a new gaffer

agreed but the fans want Poch what if Daniel wants someone different. will the fan base be happy with someone else & give the new manger time

agreed but the fans want Poch what if Daniel wants someone different. will the fan base be happy with someone else & give the new manger time
I reckon fans (and seemingly players) want a change regardless

I know decisions aren’t made with this sort of stuff in mind but the shadow of Poch will linger over any new manager.

I also think Levy would appoint him. It’s well reported that he tried the summer we got Nuno. There’s no reason not to do it now.

We’d at least get one glorious chance to welcome him back. That seems appealing right now given where we are. And who knows, it might even work.

“He’s magic you know…”

Nope. At the end of the day, after Conte sleepwalking through the season, it seems like people just want someone who cares about the club again. Especially with the unspoken elephant in the room of Kane fudging off come summer.

There's only one man who cares deeply enough about us to make the fans believe again, and it's the man we never should have sacked to begin with.

And I thought Milan were gash
Fell over at every opportunity
Every now and then hit some long balls
Just sat there waiting for us to do something
Leao is Zaha in disguise I think
Leao is better than Zaha at everything, except for the most important bit, end product.

What now for us? Our season defining game fizzled out with us losing to a bang average Milan team. Do we try and get back into the competition that we showed no passion for? (Not that we will. Liverpool and barcodes will both finish above us)

Irrespective of our tactics/player choices/subs etc, I just didn’t see any of our players have that will, determination or excitement. They just played like it was just some random league game. You don’t need external motivation for a Champions league game. Even us fans. When we know we play in the CL that night, it feels different. You’re exited the whole day. Or used to be when you knew your team would give it everything despite the result.

Lets face it. Milan are no better than Dortmund. And Chelsea are no better than us. We had 2 similar games these past 2 days. 1 team got the job done. The other failed spectacularly. Then we wonder why noone takes us seriously

Which of our players has come out and said "At the end of the day it's a tough loss and hard to take but we will learn and grow from it dust ourselves off and finish the season strong. There's plenty left to play for and we'll give it our all.'
Nobody believes that cos they don't seem to learn. When you think they have. The very next game proves they haven't

If we lose on Saturday maybe then but even then I'm not sure. To see a goal go in would be nice

Despite what people think, in general we have a good group of players. Yes, we can hold possession, yes we can keep the opposition in front of us for long periods.

The problem is the tempo and predictability of it, and the fact that is must be obvious that this is the tempo we train at, zero chance we play high tempo training and suddenly dial it back in a match.

A brave manager would have figured out how to play a back line without Perisic today (Royal at RCB?), a brave manager would have played Richi from the start (his press and energy helps), a brave manager would not have bothered to bring in Sanchez with sub 10 minutes to go chasing a game. We don't have a brave manager but expect a brave team?

Why does a manager that ran his team into the ground in preseason to get thier fitness up play at this pace?
What was the point?
We are slow, almost lethargic, there's no pace or dynamic plays, on the odd occasion we try to press its awful.
Something doesn't add up.

2 decisions. When and who.

In terms of who, I dont think he'll see past Poch and Tuchel

de Zerbi, Parker, Frank - all are good candidates however if Potter wasnt experienced enough last time, I dont see that these are any different

Question is just when. I was all for end of the season, but last night was such a capitulation (it was the manner of the loss rather than the loss itself), that I think he'll struggle to make it to May

Back