• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan **

I spare the players.

How can any player operate under such a listless, lifeless shambles above and around them? Where is the direction? Where is the investment (other than in the real estate and corporate areas)? IF you're committed to a Director of Football, when said-DoF is himself caught in the middle of a scandal, sorry, you need to cut the ties and get a new one. It has nothing to do with innocence or guilt and everything to do with focus, stability and reputation. My football club cannot afford to wait around and see if this man's appeal works out for him in the end, because his position is of such importance, he needs to be fully, fully stable and in place. It is madness. Conte showed at Xmas he wasn't up for long-term, and again, look, I understand absolutely the losses he has endured and health issues too, but again, we cannot afford to carry those. When you look at how many genuine generations talents we have squandered (Bale, Modric, Kane, Son) you have to start wondering where the consistent element is...it doesn't change anything. Realities remain the same. Until that changes this will be what it is. So I suppose I have to accept it to the degree that I wish I didn't...

Can we do that before the appeal? Would we not be opening ourselves up to trouble there?

He then has to do what VVD did against Son and Sissoko at Anfield. Don't commit yourself try and cut off the passing lane to the lad in the middle while ensuring the wide player cannot cut in towards goal.

You see, here's an example of where I expect more from the coaching staff. This has been an issue with Romero for sometime. If he cannot learn the margins/appropriate actions at appropriate times, teach him. It feels like someone has had a word now and then and everyone gets on with it, leaving the same mistakes to happen...

Could be 6 months if we pull the trigger before the weekend and get some feelgood factor back around the club. Some of those players walking, no, trudging, off at HT looked like they could not be bothered being there

Which is almost entirely on them. They are playing in the CL knockout stages, for fudge’s sake.

Fans asking for the managers head, when it’s his first game back after going under the knife.

The football has been terrible all season. We’ve played well maybe three times since August.

This isn't good enough. The players showed some energy, but there is no plan and especially the passing is atrocious. Both the execution and the decision making. Too many passes to man marked players with their backs to goal. Too many sideways passes and too little movement and runs. The few runs that are made are not picked up on. Ping a cross, close your eyes and hope for something. Everything turns into nothing. Trying the same over and over and over again. Professionals looking like they've just started playing football. I've seen this movie before. It didn't end well, but it started a new era to be fair.

Players whining about wanting to play in the CL, but failing to turn up when they do. But the worst, and that's on Conte, is not changing things up when they're not working (incidentally also Pochettino's biggest flaw). You can have 50 players on the bench and sub half the team. I welcomed Conte for supposedly being a cynical arse kicker of weak minds, but that's well and truly gone. So has his wish to stay with us, it seems. We need a total overhaul of our core team. This isn't about ability, it's about mentality. We have lacked that for, pretty much as long as I can remember. Bad mentality breeds bad mentality. I suspect that the most experienced and vocal in the team are the biggest culprits. I have no problem languishing mid-table for a couple of seasons if a plan is put forward, and properly backed. At present it's a patch up job and a spiral into nothingness.

Or we can continue as we do, changing managers every 18 months, buying rejects from so called bigger clubs and gunning for top 4 into eternity.

Great post.

I'm going to pull back emotionally from this club for now. Like an idiot I tuned in, when earlier I had decided not to watch, knowing what the result would be. I'm sick to the back teeth with being frustrated and ultimately angry as a result of watching Spurs. You go to bed angry and then don't get a good night's sleep and then have to face work the next day. Not good for your mental health.

Can we do that before the appeal? Would we not be opening ourselves up to trouble there?

I think we're allowed to part ways with an employee aren't we? If the reason is we want another coach who does not want to work with him? Pay him off? I nearly said bung him off...:-|

He doesn’t…..That is why we spend vast portions of almost every game with 11 players in our own half. ‘Tottenham DNA’ according to our owner chairman.
There are only two players I have noticed who seem to press - one is Richarlison who seldom plays. The other is Bentancur who has done it on many occasions and pretty successful with it. But as a team we most definitely do not press….

I must admit I didn't know anything about Nagelsmann, I wanted Ten Hag after Mourinho. But watching Bayern school PSG over 2 legs what a shame we couldn't attract someone like him. Plus he seems to play with several systems not wedded to one.

The football has been terrible all season. We’ve played well maybe three times since August.

No one, including Conte, believes we were the finished article. The defense undermines our attack. We lack ability down the flanks. We miss Bentancur and Sessengon even though he hasn't ignited either. Yet we were in the FA cup, CL and in the mix in the league. Not bad considering we have serious imbalances still.

We have a choice - scrap it all and start again. Or see the plan through. Both options have merit. But Conte isn't a brick manager, he has been off work, and still has work to be completed. He probably won't get a chance to complete it, with Levy forced by fans into bringing down the sword.

I think we're allowed to part ways with an employee aren't we? If the reason is we want another coach who does not want to work with him? Pay him off? I nearly said bung him off...:-|

Ah, ok. Skim reading as there is so much going on. I thought you were infering get rid because of the guilty verdict.

I'm going to pull back emotionally from this club for now. Like an idiot I tuned in, when earlier I had decided not to watch, knowing what the result would be. I'm sick to the back teeth with being frustrated and ultimately angry as a result of watching Spurs. You go to bed angry and then don't get a good night's sleep and then have to face work the next day. Not good for your mental health.

You’re right to do that buddy, try and find a healthier perspective- we are just bystanders in all of this - we can’t influence anything but we can move around and changed our viewpoints.

Before the momentum swells for The Return of The Poch, did anyone read The Guardian's opinion piece - the award winning J. Liew - on why Spurs should avoid rekindling an affair with an old flame?

I'd have him back. Nowt to lose at this point. And, yeah, I'd still bang some of my old girlfriends.

It suits the media to see us continuing to fail. Hope, ambition and aspiration doesn't sell papers

This isn't good enough. The players showed some energy, but there is no plan and especially the passing is atrocious. Both the execution and the decision making. Too many passes to man marked players with their backs to goal. Too many sideways passes and too little movement and runs. The few runs that are made are not picked up on. Ping a cross, close your eyes and hope for something. Everything turns into nothing. Trying the same over and over and over again. Professionals looking like they've just started playing football. I've seen this movie before. It didn't end well, but it started a new era to be fair.

Players whining about wanting to play in the CL, but failing to turn up when they do. But the worst, and that's on Conte, is not changing things up when they're not working (incidentally also Pochettino's biggest flaw). You can have 50 players on the bench and sub half the team. I welcomed Conte for supposedly being a cynical arse kicker of weak minds, but that's well and truly gone. So has his wish to stay with us, it seems. We need a total overhaul of our core team. This isn't about ability, it's about mentality. We have lacked that for, pretty much as long as I can remember. Bad mentality breeds bad mentality. I suspect that the most experienced and vocal in the team are the biggest culprits. I have no problem languishing mid-table for a couple of seasons if a plan is put forward, and properly backed. At present it's a patch up job and a spiral into nothingness.

Or we can continue as we do, changing managers every 18 months, buying rejects from so called bigger clubs and gunning for top 4 into eternity.

Why can't we just do what Brighton do ?

No one, including Conte, believes we were the finished article. The defense undermines our attack. We lack ability down the flanks. We miss Bentancur and Sessengon even though he hasn't ignited either. Yet we were in the FA cup, CL and in the mix in the league. Not bad considering we have serious imbalances still.

We have a choice - scrap it all and start again. Or see the plan through. Both options have merit. But Conte isn't a brick manager, he has been off work, and still has work to be completed. He probably won't get a chance to complete it, with Levy forced by fans into bringing down the sword.[/QUOTE.

But it he wants to complete he can just sign can't he?

Back