• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan **

He's running at 90 degrees to the play, their player on the ball is flying past Porro. One or the other of them is going clean through, the only way to stop that play is at source.
You are right. Everyone else is wrong. If Romero hadn't done the brave, smart thing it was nailed on that they would score and the tie was over. In fact, it should have been a straight red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

He's running at 90 degrees to the play, their player on the ball is flying past Porro. One or the other of them is going clean through, the only way to stop that play is at source.

He then has to do what VVD did against Son and Sissoko at Anfield. Don't commit yourself try and cut off the passing lane to the lad in the middle while ensuring the wide player cannot cut in towards goal.

Whilst Conte's tactics are thoroughly inappropriate for both our club and the situation, do you think he told them not to press?

I can't imagine any manager working at better than schoolboy level telling a team to play like that.
Yes. It is clear that he doesn’t coach a press at all.

The way they've been playing lately, yes.

Son particularly looks scared of having the ball and petrified of having to try and win it.

This is the second point you're wrong on tonight. You watch any game we play. Our defensive shape is a very rigid 5-4-1. Always. That's okay but not when the opposition are plating tippy tappy keep ball and we're 1 down in the tie.

First time I’ve left a game early I’m years but I couldn’t beat it beyond the 94th minute. That was utterly pathetic.
Son - has got to be removed from the side.

Kulu - is in abysmal form. Needs to be dropped.

Romero - I think he’s the most ill disciplined player I’ve ever seen playing for us. I’d happily let him sit some games out and have a think about how not to get sent off every other game.

conte - I gave up with him some time ago. To be fair, he clearly gave up on spurs months ago. His cryptic responses to contract extensions Indio are that he’s not at all invested in us, so why should he invested in him? Get rid, now. It doesn’t matter who we bring in; the football can’t possibly be worse.

We threw the FA Cup for this game. Now all we have is a failure to score against three bang average sides in a row, another wasted season and the indignity of Jason Candy crowing on talksport.

I find it truly bizarre that we've had two notoriously cynical, hard nosed managers that take no nonsense and we are still doing the same stupid things,
Subs, been odd since poch,
Eriksen and son, form fell off a cliff yet not dropped. What's the difference between son, Eriksen and dele? They all fell off the same cliff, only one is jettisoned.
Corner routines
Kane on fks, ffs.
Why are these still happening?

because the players are clams

I don’t think we’d have scored with 12 on the pitch…. Our club is pathetic from the CEO downwards.

I spare the players.

How can any player operate under such a listless, lifeless shambles above and around them? Where is the direction? Where is the investment (other than in the real estate and corporate areas)? IF you're committed to a Director of Football, when said-DoF is himself caught in the middle of a scandal, sorry, you need to cut the ties and get a new one. It has nothing to do with innocence or guilt and everything to do with focus, stability and reputation. My football club cannot afford to wait around and see if this man's appeal works out for him in the end, because his position is of such importance, he needs to be fully, fully stable and in place. It is madness. Conte showed at Xmas he wasn't up for long-term, and again, look, I understand absolutely the losses he has endured and health issues too, but again, we cannot afford to carry those. When you look at how many genuine generations talents we have squandered (Bale, Modric, Kane, Son) you have to start wondering where the consistent element is...it doesn't change anything. Realities remain the same. Until that changes this will be what it is. So I suppose I have to accept it to the degree that I wish I didn't...

Before the momentum swells for The Return of The Poch, did anyone read The Guardian's opinion piece - the award winning J. Liew - on why Spurs should avoid rekindling an affair with an old flame?

I'd have him back. Nowt to lose at this point. And, yeah, I'd still bang some of my old girlfriends.

Yup.

Frankly didn't need him to explain the dangers to me. What he fails to recognize is that whilst we have the current regime, it is highly likely we will continue not to win silverware, so for me at least, a return to someone who can get everyone in the same direction with spirit and heart would be great. FWIW I find Liew's Spurs observations a little too cute and snarky.

I am actually rather sad to be going on Saturday. I'm regretting that decision.
I just cannot understand what stats, actually having eyes can condone starting Son and Perry. Just by skimming these notes....if they start again on Saturday I may just cry.

Conte one stubborn man
They won't. Well Perisic definitely won't.
Lenglet - Dier- Romero
Davies LWB , Royal RWB
Unless he tries something radical like Danjuma at left wing back, which he won't.

It’s bitterly disappointing how it has turned out with Conte.

A one dimensional manager seemed such a good fit with one dimensional players.

Back