• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Crystal Palace ***

The rep he has got is in the main for his diving - so the best thing to do is.....not to dive. Ridiculous how you try and make such excuses, as if you would even contemplate such rationale if an opposition player did that. He dived pure and simple, its not some with hunt against Dele he has form for it time and time again and yet again he dived....

Out of interest, what do you say to Roy Hodgson? Do you think he is simply being polite? I trust you heard his pre and post-match comments?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What time did Son come on?? Subs appeared really late reading on here.

80 odd minutes
Moura 65 ish

A rather early first substitution by Pochettino’s standards.

Average minute of 1st / 2nd / 3rd substitute

Conte: 53 / 69 / 80
Guardiola: 59 / 71 / 78
Mourinho: 63 / 71 / 80
Wenger: 67 / 73 / 79
Klopp: 65 / 75 / 83
Pochettino: 69 / 81 / 89

AVG excl Poch: 61 / 72 / 80

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...o-jurgen-klopp-not-impacting-games-subs-like/

Out of interest, what do you say to Roy Hodgson? Do you think he is simply being polite? I trust you heard his pre and post-match comments?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yeah I've seen his comments, he has an affiliation with Dele in the same way Poch does having worked with him. Are we just meant to listen to those who have some bias with him and ignore everyone else, and more importantly ignore what you actually see on the pitch? Which of his THREE yellow cards for simulation that hes got would you like to suggest werent dives? He was lucky not to get a fourth yesterday, trying to defend his actions is embarrassing....

The rep he has got is in the main for his diving - so the best thing to do is.....not to dive. Ridiculous how you try and make such excuses, as if you would even contemplate such rationale if an opposition player did that. He dived pure and simple, its not some with hunt against Dele he has form for it time and time again and yet again he dived....

Ok, I will bow to your opinion, after all you have a better view than the rest of us up there on your high horse.

Who exactly are 'the rest of us'? Just about every one has said he dived, Spurs fans I know say he did its only a very select couple on here who are trying to make excuses for him....

I'm not making excuses. To me it looked like he was trying to avoid the keeper the best he could given his starting position. It's not like he was dragging his leg, looking to get touched.

Can't see what all the fuss is about!
Dele is a winner.
Exactly, the same complaints were made about Bale, seems like Spurs players are the only ones not allowed to dive on this forum! Wiltshire and Monreal dived way worse than Dele yesterday, but no mention of that is there?

Dele was fouled for one incident that he rightly appealed for and the other incident with the keeper he jumped over him to avoid contact and never even looked at the ref let alone appealed! Yet he's supposed to get booked now for trying to avoid contact with an onrushing keeper?! If he appeals then it's quite clearly a different story, but he didn't, again! Absolute joke this place sometimes!

Exactly, the same complaints were made about Bale, seems like Spurs players are the only ones not allowed to dive on this forum! Wiltshire and Monreal dived way worse than Dele yesterday, but no mention of that is there?

Dele was fouled for one incident that he rightly appealed for and the other incident with the keeper he jumped over him to avoid contact and never even looked at the ref let alone appealed! Yet he's supposed to get booked now for trying to avoid contact with an onrushing keeper?! If he appeals then it's quite clearly a different story, but he didn't, again! Absolute joke this place sometimes!
1) Monreal's dive was way worse, difference being he doesnt have 'form' for doing it. Everyone knows Dele isnt the only player that dives, but he is the guy doing it week in week out.

2) Just because he doesnt appeal, doesnt mean he hasnt dived - since when has the definition of diving been falling over then appealing to the ref for a pen? There have been plenty of dives not followed up with an appeal, probably because they know it was a blatant dive and dont want to get into trouble....

1) Monreal's dive was way worse, difference being he doesnt have 'form' for doing it. Everyone knows Dele isnt the only player that dives, but he is the guy doing it week in week out.

2) Just because he doesnt appeal, doesnt mean he hasnt dived - since when has the definition of diving been falling over then appealing to the ref for a pen? There have been plenty of dives not followed up with an appeal, probably because they know it was a blatant dive and dont want to get into trouble....
You can avoid contact without it being a dive! Not every time someone goes over in the box does it have to be a yellow or a pen! There's a common sense call in there and thankfully the ref yesterday used his!

Wiltshire does dive a hell of a lot, monreal is a CB so not exactly in a position to dive as last line of defense! Just look at Mustafi for Agueros goal yesterday claiming a foul by exaggerating contact made him look ridiculous as the last line of defense.

You can avoid contact without it being a dive! Not every time someone goes over in the box does it have to be a yellow or a pen! There's a common sense call in there and thankfully the ref yesterday used his!

Wiltshire does dive a hell of a lot, monreal is a CB so not exactly in a position to dive as last line of defense! Just look at Mustafi for Agueros goal yesterday claiming a foul by exaggerating contact made him look ridiculous as the last line of defense.
Everyone is aware of a player avoiding contact and it not being a dive, have seen plenty of instances of this being the case - Dele's one yesterday wasnt hence why 99% are saying he dived.

Yes am well aware Monreal is a CB and probably doesnt look to dive that much - you was the one that brought him up! I was simply pointing out the reason why Dele gets mentioned more than him and others - because he dives more than anyone else, he gets mentioned more and highlighted more when he does - its not rocket science. Or are you going to tell me its all just a conspiracy against him and Spurs?

Everyone is aware of a player avoiding contact and it not being a dive, have seen plenty of instances of this being the case - Dele's one yesterday wasnt hence why 99% are saying he dived.

Yes am well aware Monreal is a CB and probably doesnt look to dive that much - you was the one that brought him up! I was simply pointing out the reason why Dele gets mentioned more than him and others - because he dives more than anyone else, he gets mentioned more and highlighted more when he does - its not rocket science. Or are you going to tell me its all just a conspiracy against him and Spurs?
It's your opinion that 99% it was a dive yesterday, IMO and looks like plenty of others including the pro ref it wasn't a dive, it was avoiding contact! Like you say, it's not rocket science!

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy against Dele, because yesterday the ref was right, I'm calling out the Spurs fans who are making excuses for everyone else's diving, but making an issue about every single time Dele goes over!

It's your opinion that 99% it was a dive yesterday, IMO and looks like plenty of others including the pro ref it wasn't a dive, it was avoiding contact! Like you say, it's not rocket science!

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy against Dele, because yesterday the ref was right, I'm calling out the Spurs fans who are making excuses for everyone else's diving, but making an issue about every single time Dele goes over!
Yes it is 99%, look at all the media, people who watched the game, Im yet to see any articles about how it wasnt. Within an hour of being in the office I had GHod knows how many mention his dive - Spurs fans included, you dont even know if the ref didnt think it was a dive - did he have a good view? Was he sure? He might of not given anything because he didnt know, and since when is the ref a good judge of whether a player has dived or not? Why do you think we have to have all these retrospective things in place for diving? Because the refs have been consistantly getting it wrong!

Who's making excuses for other players dives? Other players dive, but noone does it as consistently as him - if there was other high profile PL attackers doing it consistently Id be waking up to articles about them diving every other week instead of Dele....

Yes it is 99%, look at all the media, people who watched the game, Im yet to see any articles about how it wasnt. Within an hour of being in the office I had GHod knows how many mention his dive - Spurs fans included, you dont even know if the ref didnt think it was a dive - did he have a good view? Was he sure? He might of not given anything because he didnt know, and since when is the ref a good judge of whether a player has dived or not? Why do you think we have to have all these retrospective things in place for diving? Because the refs have been consistantly getting it wrong!

Who's making excuses for other players dives? Other players dive, but noone does it as consistently as him - if there was other high profile PL attackers doing it consistently Id be waking up to articles about them diving every other week instead of Dele....
2 posts up you just made excuses for Wiltshire and Monreal!! Take a look.

So your argument has come down to just repeating "yes it is 99%"?! Ok then! I watched it with 2 Utd season ticket holders a Wednesday fan and a Chelsea fan, not one of those thought it was a dive! I was shocked to come on here and see the incident even debated. We had no sound on the tv so no commentary, I wonder if that had any baring on it?!

Do your aquantances at work hold more sway than the people I watched it with then or something? You know full well that out of any game the press will look for whatever angle they can, they have column inches to fill. They are no more right or wrong or a valid point or reference than the refs you are slating.

The issue for me is the pen before was a clear penalty and NOT a dive. He was sacked in ten side of his leg and had 3 men on him

The pen after he hit the ball past the keeper and leapt over him from a yard back. He could have jumped over him in theory even at pace from that distance.

What I do like is that he is doing this because he wants us to win. What I don’t like is that he isn’t getting the decisions he should because of it

So what has to change... the refs need to give penalty’s when their fouls for a start

2 posts up you just made excuses for Wiltshire and Monreal!! Take a look.

So your argument has come down to just repeating "yes it is 99%"?! Ok then! I watched it with 2 Utd season ticket holders a Wednesday fan and a Chelsea fan, not one of those thought it was a dive! I was shocked to come on here and see the incident even debated. We had no sound on the tv so no commentary, I wonder if that had any baring on it?!

Do your aquantances at work hold more sway than the people I watched it with then or something? You know full well that out of any game the press will look for whatever angle they can, they have column inches to fill. They are no more right or wrong or a valid point or reference than the refs you are slating.
I didnt even mention Wheelchair? What excuse did I make for Monreal, I said his dive was worse than Dele's the difference being he doesnt do it every week which is why its not highlighted - You was the one that asked the question about why was Monreal and Wheelchair not being made a fuss about, that is the answer!

You can take my acquantances/yours out of the equation - Look at 1) The pundits watching the game on Sky after the replays all saying it was a dive 2) The media all saying it was a dive empthatically 3) Look at the OMT on here 4) Everyone on Twitter, and that includes Spurs people like Gary Linker calling him 'Diver Alli' or Alan Sugar

I find it cringeworthy that this is even being debated, but hey you stick to your guns....

The issue for me is the pen before was a clear penalty and NOT a dive. He was sacked in ten side of his leg and had 3 men on him

The pen after he hit the ball past the keeper and leapt over him from a yard back. He could have jumped over him in theory even at pace from that distance.

What I do like is that he is doing this because he wants us to win. What I don’t like is that he isn’t getting the decisions he should because of it

So what has to change... the refs need to give penalty’s when their fouls for a start
Yep, this is the problem when he's been done so many times for diving - he's not going to get penalties that he should be getting bacause of his reputation....

If referees are rightly going to book Dele for diving then they should award penalties when they are correct. There have been at least 2 off the top of my head. The refs shouldn't just be swayed by what has happened before he and his assistants need to assess each case as it happens. Perhaps Poch should have a word with the referees' chief at the same time as speaking to Alli.

Back