• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Crystal Palace ***

Looking forward to all the matches this season to see how refs handle this foul throwing issue, don't usually see more than 5 or 6 a match and not are ever given, please to see there is going to be a clamp down.

A last gasp winner on an away day is always something that will live in the memory.

I had virtually given up on a winner, the way the game had gone. BUT it was limbs everywhere when Harry finally bagged us 3 pts.

RIP to my glasses, they ended up 3 rows down when I'd lost my vertical status :)...they got crunched. I wandered down at full time to check them....but I left them there happy in the knowledge that the very last thing they saw was our Harry saving the day at Selhurst Park.

I wouldn't mind if I go in a similar manner.

Three points makes all the negative stuff matter little.

At least Aurier's comedy outing and Alli diving over the prone and helpless Hennessy to avoid contact have given all the crybaby mouthbreathers in the red top media something to chortle at.

All in all, a decent set of results this weekend as we move two points ahead into fourth, Arsenal get gelded at our current home ground and West Ham regain relegation candidate status.

Last edited:
A last gasp winner on an away day is always something that will live in the memory.

I had virtually given up on a winner, the way the game had gone. BUT it was limbs everywhere when Harry finally bagged us 3 pts.

RIP to my glasses, they ended up 3 rows down when I'd lost my vertical status :)...they got crunched. I wandered down at full time to check them....but I left them there happy in the knowledge that the very last thing they saw was our Harry saving the day at Selhurst Park.

This reminds of the Alli goal in NLD last season. We were in Row 25. After Alli scored I finished upside down at the back of Row 22 and the wife was in some blokes lap 3 seats away in Row 24. Just got ourselves dusted down and Kane won a penalty and I began to fear a repeat

This reminds of the Alli goal in NLD last season. We were in Row 25. After Alli scored I finished upside down at the back of Row 22 and the wife was in some blokes lap 3 seats away in Row 24. Just got ourselves dusted down and Kane won a penalty and I began to fear a repeat

I'm all for a bit of post goal camaraderie but you need to tell her a couple of slaps on the back is all that's required.

missed the goal as the iptv crash as the corner was taken, good to see in those last minutes of injury time we had players thinking about seeing the game out and trying to keep the ball in the corner
well done to the lads for keep trying till the end

In the second-half, in the box today, All did what Poch was talking about when he spoke of "tricking" an opponent IMO. He used quick feet and guile to invite a foul. Van Arnholt went through his ankles to get the ball as he became frustrated, so Alli went over.

There needs to be a clear definition of what "diving" is. For me, that was NOT a dive, that was a player using his skill and guile to tempt the opposition in to a foul. The Palace player did not have to make the challenge/go through him, and if he did, it had to be perfect not clumsy.

Roll back to Salah against us. He used quick feet and guile to get into our box, was surrounded by players yet none of them could reasonably get close to him without him going over. Salah used skill and guile to tempt the challenge, it did not come, he scored.

Unfortunately, in a world which is increasingly polarized, you're either a "fudging diving cheat' or the cleanest most non-hypocritical saint on two footballing legs.

Townsend went horizontal today with a brush of his shirt. I guarantee no-one really noticed, or if they did (as a poster here did) it will her turned back as "I accept it because otherwise I am a hypocrite"...

For the record, collapsing in the box under no contact is, indeed, simulation/cheating in my book, like anyone elses. But we must be careful to recognize the differences IMO...I doubt Alli will get another pen this season in the Prem BTW, and hope he doesn't come a cropper in the CL at the hands of some "strict" Euro ref with eyes on the World Cup.

On the subject of penalties, I was watching some old big match specials from the 70s earlier this week. If a penalty was given you bloody knew it was because a foul was committed. Yeah of course there were some butcherings and the authorities have tried to clean up the game and outlaw certain types of tackles that were dangerous but the game was so much more honest back then, no players conning officials into giving them penalties. No pundits saying “there was contact so he’s entitled to go down there”. Pundits are part of the problem when they defend diving.

They were part of the problem when they were defending kicks, trips and shoulder barges too.

Three points makes all the negative stuff matter little.

At least Aurier's comedy outing and Alli diving over the prone and helpless Hennessy to avoid contact have given all the crybaby mouthbreathers in the red top media something to chortle at.

All in all, a decent set of results this weekend as we move two points ahead into fourth, Arsenal get gelded at our current home ground and West Ham regain relegation candidate status.

Exactly, always was going to be a job done, nothing else to see, move along type of result.

We could have had 4 penalties, Kane, Eriksen & Aurier could have put away at least 4 more between them, all doesn't matter.

3 points, no more injuries/suspensions, back in top 4, made up some points ... next

Indeed, looking back of course it is great to get 3 points away etc.

But the display was pretty stilted, which makes me wonder if we have what it takes to win the Champions League, FA Cup and League treble this year ;)

I'm still unsure if the main reason for our regular stilted displays are

1) Players not fully up for it against weaker teams, start in 3rd gear, try to get into 2nd, but never really get fully biting into it and full desire to win at all costs
2) Too many changes e.g. 10 reserves coming back from injury, never going to be slick
3) Poch devaluing a competition e.g. "It's all about the league and CL, not the Carabao or FA Cup"
4) Sissoko/Llorente killing passing moves
5) Too many sideways passers, not enough dribblers with the cojones to take a man on and commit defenders
6) All of the above

They were part of the problem when they were defending kicks, trips and shoulder barges too.

Kicks and trips are fouls but shoulder barges are not. They are part of the game. The game is far too soft. I can see the reasons for wanting to implement changes and stamp out bad tackles (excuse the pun) but it’s gone too far the other way and has essentially become a non-contact sport. I love seeing our players get a tackle spot on and win the ball cleanly, it’s a dying art form.

But the display was pretty stilted, which makes me wonder if we have what it takes to win the Champions League, FA Cup and League treble this year ;)

1) Players not fully up for it against weaker teams, start in 3rd gear, try to get into 2nd, but never really get fully biting into it and full desire to win at all costs
2) Too many changes e.g. 10 reserves coming back from injury, never going to be slick
3) Poch devaluing a competition e.g. "It's all about the league and CL, not the Carabao or FA Cup"
5) Too many sideways passers, not enough dribblers with the cojones to take a man on and commit defenders
6) All of the above

i think today was just a bad day at the office, we can normally get by with a player being off, but the majority were poor today.
davies, sanchez, and dier were good, dele ok and the rest varying degrees of poor.
not so long ago we would have lost that game.

6) All of the above

Game by game mate, as long as we are still in it .. today's view

- No Jan and Toby, which meant Dier in CB (not his best role) and Wanyama in DM (still no where near fit/form)
- Aurier was poor, still hasn't settled, Trippier in the role would have put more in and we probably would have pulled a few more defenders out of position.
- Lucas continues to look good, but had to come off the bench as he's had one start since August, it will take him a while to get fit to start big games
- Eriksen & Kane had a rare poor day at office (and still ended up with an assist and a goal)
- Palace did a good job of compressing the middle and stifling a lot of our play.
- Son obviously in rotation.

I think if we play full 11 (with luck, it addresses most of your issues)
1) Our best team (rotate in Trippier, Jan, Son) without Eriksen and Kane having a rare off day would have murdered them
2) We play a system that should allow rotation without fluidity issues, problem is we don't really have rotation for Kane/Eriksen/Dembele
3) Poch's bench in the FA cup argues against that point, and we would been ok in the Carabao cup other than a rare lapse of concentration from team
4) Neither of them fit our better teams
5) Son, Dembele, Moura, Dele, don't really think you need more

We are a good team, we have had new home issues and injury challenges, but still a very good team.

No team turns it on every day, and today the key point was it was a struggle and we still left with 3 points.

Kicks and trips are fouls but shoulder barges are not. They are part of the game. The game is far too soft. I can see the reasons for wanting to implement changes and stamp out bad tackles (excuse the pun) but it’s gone too far the other way and has essentially become a non-contact sport. I love seeing our players get a tackle spot on and win the ball cleanly, it’s a dying art form.

You’ve hit a major point of transition in the game. We are in the middle of a shift from contact to near non-contact, and with it generations baffled. Dele Alli is younger than my eldest! He is of a generation that never saw Kenny Burns, Norman Hunter, Souness, Jimmy Case. I think we are in the middle of a massive shift which is catching us all on the hop at times.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

In the second-half, in the box today, All did what Poch was talking about when he spoke of "tricking" an opponent IMO. He used quick feet and guile to invite a foul. Van Arnholt went through his ankles to get the ball as he became frustrated, so Alli went over.

There needs to be a clear definition of what "diving" is. For me, that was NOT a dive, that was a player using his skill and guile to tempt the opposition in to a foul. The Palace player did not have to make the challenge/go through him, and if he did, it had to be perfect not clumsy.

Roll back to Salah against us. He used quick feet and guile to get into our box, was surrounded by players yet none of them could reasonably get close to him without him going over. Salah used skill and guile to tempt the challenge, it did not come, he scored.

Unfortunately, in a world which is increasingly polarized, you're either a "fudging diving cheat' or the cleanest most non-hypocritical saint on two footballing legs.

Townsend went horizontal today with a brush of his shirt. I guarantee no-one really noticed, or if they did (as a poster here did) it will her turned back as "I accept it because otherwise I am a hypocrite"...

For the record, collapsing in the box under no contact is, indeed, simulation/cheating in my book, like anyone elses. But we must be careful to recognize the differences IMO...I doubt Alli will get another pen this season in the Prem BTW, and hope he doesn't come a cropper in the CL at the hands of some "strict" Euro ref with eyes on the World Cup.

The dive was when he launched himself over their keeper

The one you described was a penalty IMO

Same thing happens to mine in the 5-1 Chelsea semi years ago

The old guy next to me got up about a week after everyone else did (after we scored) and pretty much punched me in the face in the motion

I could see my glasses spinning in slo mo

When I got them back one arm was buckled and the other was bust but I couldn’t see brick so I actually went to the steps and asked a copper if he had a multi tool or anything I could use to reshape them... the look I got was one of death

I ended up kinda standing on them to get them into a wearable shape

The dive was when he launched himself over their keeper

The one you described was a penalty IMO

I didn't think that was a dive, not a deliberate attempt to con the ref at least. He had stretched to try and reach the ball and the keeper comes barging at him. He didn't really have many options to avoid getting taken out. One of those where you fall over without it having to be a foul or a dive. Hard concept to grasp based on my lurking on some other teams' forums.

Back