• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Crystal Palace ***

Alli should have got one penalty today. The other one was a dive. I just hope he doesn't get banned retrospectively in the future. Can't really complain if he does.

I didn't think that was a dive, not a deliberate attempt to con the ref at least. He had stretched to try and reach the ball and the keeper comes barging at him. He didn't really have many options to avoid getting taken out. One of those where you fall over without it having to be a foul or a dive. Hard concept to grasp based on my lurking on some other teams' forums.
Wow, I didn’t expect even a Spurs fan to actually try and defend that dive:D

I didn't think that was a dive, not a deliberate attempt to con the ref at least. He had stretched to try and reach the ball and the keeper comes barging at him. He didn't really have many options to avoid getting taken out. One of those where you fall over without it having to be a foul or a dive. Hard concept to grasp based on my lurking on some other teams' forums.

Clear dive to me as he leaped over their keeper

You know what he should Have done ... got taken out and got the foul

I play 5 a side still and a mate the other week jumped out of the way to avoid being fouled by me (it would have been clear as anything) so we carried on and scored. They complained ... so I had to highlight you don’t get a pen or free kick if an infringement hasn’t happened. It’s not minority report!!!

What made allis worse was the fact the keeper pulled his hand away as the ball went past

Last edited:
Wow, I didn’t expect even a Spurs fan to actually try and defend that dive:D
It's a no win situation for Dele, keeper prone in front of him, any contact from Dele can be seen as dangerous and maybe even deliberate with Dele reputation, so potential red card.

It's a no win situation for Dele, keeper prone in front of him, any contact from Dele can be seen as dangerous and maybe even deliberate with Dele reputation, so potential red card.
What... you could see Alli getting a red card for taking a foul from the keeper coming out?

I’m gonna have to see this again several more times

You know what he should Have done ... got taken out and got the foul

I play 5 a side still and a mate the other week jumped out of the way to avoid being fouled by me (it would have been clear as anything) so we carried on and scored. They complained ... so I had to highlight you don’t get a pen or free kick if an infringement hasn’t happened. It’s not minority report!!!

What made allis worse was the fact the keeper pulled his hand away as the ball went past
You can impede a player without contact.

If I take a swing and a miss at an opponent, I still get sent off - learned that one the hard way years ago.

The keeper obstructs Dele. He is not obliged to try and hurdle him, he isn't obliged to try and run round him.

The keeper goes for the ball but is way short. He is then is such a position that Dele is unable to continue to run normally in pursuit of the ball. Surely that is obstruction?

Dele goes down easily but the obstruction is still there.

Gary Linker makes me laugh. As does all this rubbish. Again, opinions, etc, but I remember this...watch from 1.13. BTW, his first was dodgy too.

I see a lot of comments of how poor we were today. I didn't think we were that bad except for our finishing (which was abysmal). If a few more of those chances had been converted then we'd be all sitting here tossing the team off.
Very true. Had Kane buried that one-on-one early, or had we gotten a pen when Davies was fouled, it would have opened the floodgates. But as long as a team is parking the bus and holding out for a result, it's going to be tough to break down. When you see City or Lollerpool rack up those impressive scorelines it's because the go ahead relatively early. Else it's a slog for them too. And it wasn't as much of a slog for us, tbh. We created some unmissable chances. But it felt like a slog, because we weren't scoring.

Was Kane diving when fouled by Fosuh-Mensah? I’ve defended him, saying that he didn’t dive, as he was fouled and therefore there is no advantage to be had. The referee should give the foul irrespective of whether Kane went down or not. I was told that Kane used excuse of ‘felt contact’, therefore he dived.

My match ratings;

Lloris 7 - Not much to do but did what he needed to do without fuss.

Aurier 3 - One of the poorest performances from a Spurs player this season.
Sanchez 7 - Did well on a few occasions to snuff out danger and his passing was solid enough.
Dier 6 - Some brain farts but deputized in central defence well enough against a limited attacking threat.
Davies 7 - Got forward well and looked his usual comfortable self without any flashes of brilliance. Should have had a clear penalty early on.

Wanyama 7 - Looked like the player of last season and comfortably dominated midfield.
Dembele 7 - Not the same level of performance as we've seen in recent weeks against better opposition but solid enough to dominate midfield and allow us 75% possession.

Lamela 6 - Fought hard, only using one foot, took a couple of decent corners, didn't get involved in the nasty stuff.
Alli 6 - The usual flicks and tricks, decent pressing, not much goal threat despite having at least one decent opportunity.
Eriksen 6.5 - Unusually sloppy passing from our Danish maestro. Lucky to get an assist otherwise he'd have scored lower.

Kane 7.5 - Missed a couple of absolute sitters by his standards. Worked hard for the team. What would we do without him. MOTM based purely on the importance of the goal.

Subs: Son 7 made us look more of a threat, Moura 6 tried but to little avail.

What... you could see Alli getting a red card for taking a foul from the keeper coming out?

I’m gonna have to see this again several more times

Yes, with the angle of the refs sight line in a congested box, goalie feels contact and makes a meal if it knowing it could go against him and be a pen. Then take into account it's Dele and the rep he's getting himself it's not that unlikely in my view.

Yes, with the angle of the refs sight line in a congested box, goalie feels contact and makes a meal if it knowing it could go against him and be a pen. Then take into account it's Dele and the rep he's getting himself it's not that unlikely in my view.

Don’t think I can remember a time where a keeper comes out and the attacker gets red carded for making contact with the keeper like that

The rep he has got is in the main for his diving - so the best thing to do is.....not to dive. Ridiculous how you try and make such excuses, as if you would even contemplate such rationale if an opposition player did that. He dived pure and simple, its not some with hunt against Dele he has form for it time and time again and yet again he dived....

Back