• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v Crystal Palace ***

Lamela is making good runs in behind but the likes of Dembele and Eriksen are too slow to lift their eyes.

Eriksen has been uncharacteristically slow today.

Did he? Eriksen created two great chances in the first half. We were poor for the most part today. I’d like to see Son or Moura start the next game. Or both.

I'm not sure why but I find Lamela an incredibly frustrating player. Maybe its because I think he should do a lot more with his ability. Just dont ever see him getting 10-15 goals a season regularly, or creating as much as he should do

Same. Some accuse me of being negative about him, I just expect more of him given his ability. Two seasons ago he a mainstay in our starting 11 and deservedly so but the team has improved a lot since his injury, the attacking midfielders all chip in with goals AND work hard. No one would be in this Poch team if they didn’t work hard enough.

I just take issue with some posters who never seem to see any fault with Lamela’s play or performances. Even today when he didn’t have his best game (to be fair no one did) it was because others weren’t spotting his runs apparently. If you’re going to be critical of players like Son, Alli, Son etc then at least do the same for Lamela.

As for the game today, a real sluggish performance but teams have to win when they’re not as their best which is what we did today.

As for Aurier, what the fudge was that? A professional footballer who can’t take a throw in properly? Seriously mate.

80 odd minutes
Moura 65 ish

Cheers...
at least Lucas had some time...Son..maybe should have been used earlier..
Poch,s sub times can be worrying...
Three important points in the bag but once again chances missed!

but can,t blame Kane though...cept
For at least two he missed from feedback on here..

CoySpurs......".......................................

Same. Some accuse me of being negative about him, I just expect more of him given his ability. Two seasons ago he a mainstay in our starting 11 and deservedly so but the team has improved a lot since his injury, the attacking midfielders all chip in with goals AND work hard. No one would be in this Poch team if they didn’t work hard enough.

I just take issue with some posters who never seem to see any fault with Lamela’s play or performances. Even today when he didn’t have his best game (to be fair no one did) it was because others weren’t spotting his runs apparently. If you’re going to be critical of players like Son, Alli, Son etc then at least do the same for Lamela.

As for the game today, a real sluggish performance but teams have to win when they’re not as their best which is what we did today.

As for Aurier, what the fudge was that? A professional footballer who can’t take a throw in properly? Seriously mate.

The only thing wrong with this post, eriksen is as missing from it as he was for huge parts of the game.
Possibly the least connected I've seen our attack today, it was as if they were total strangers. Bizarre.

The only thing wrong with this post, eriksen is as missing from it as he was for huge parts of the game.
Possibly the least connected I've seen our attack today, it was as if they were total strangers. Bizarre.

Yeah Eriksen didnt have a good game today. The thing is, he can still always get you a goal or play an unbelievable pass even when he’s having an off day like he did a couple of times in the first half today but all in all, not a great game for him.

I would like some lad to make a youtube video of Aurier's performance today, would be a good watch.

Also I would like him to make a youtube video of when our attacks broke down and foundered, so our team can watch it on a loop until the next game.

I see a lot of comments of how poor we were today. I didn't think we were that bad except for our finishing (which was abysmal). If a few more of those chances had been converted then we'd be all sitting here tossing the team off.

Yeah Eriksen didnt have a good game today. The thing is, he can still always get you a goal or play an unbelievable pass even when he’s having an off day like he did a couple of times in the first half today but all in all, not a great game for him.
I think the back 6 had a poor game on the ball and struggled to find the front 4 in good positions.
I see a lot of comments of how poor we were today. I didn't think we were that bad except for our finishing (which was abysmal). If a few more of those chances had been converted then we'd be all sitting here tossing the team off.
I expect us to create more. We had big chances, but several of them were gifts from Palace.

It was not an easy watch!
It was all about the result!

I think the back 6 had a poor game on the ball and struggled to find the front 4 in good positions.I expect us to create more. We had big chances, but several of them were gifts from Palace.

We were also wasteful in front of goal. It’s a good thing that we create so many chances but we really need to address our lack of clinicality (is that a word?) at times. We won’t win trophies if we don’t put teams away when we’re on top or accept gifts when they are presented to us.

We were also wasteful in front of goal. It’s a good thing that we create so many chances but we really need to address our lack of clinicality (is that a word?) at times. We won’t win trophies if we don’t put teams away when we’re on top or accept gifts when they are presented to us.

Better teams attack more creating more space and arguably better chances for us

On the subject of penalties, I was watching some old big match specials from the 70s earlier this week. If a penalty was given you bloody knew it was because a foul was committed. Yeah of course there were some butcherings and the authorities have tried to clean up the game and outlaw certain types of tackles that were dangerous but the game was so much more honest back then, no players conning officials into giving them penalties. No pundits saying “there was contact so he’s entitled to go down there”. Pundits are part of the problem when they defend diving.

On the subject of penalties, I was watching some old big match specials from the 70s earlier this week. If a penalty was given you bloody knew it was because a foul was committed. Yeah of course there were some butcherings and the authorities have tried to clean up the game and outlaw certain types of tackles that were dangerous but the game was so much more honest back then, no players conning officials into giving them penalties. No pundits saying “there was contact so he’s entitled to go down there”. Pundits are part of the problem when they defend diving.
Ever watch Franny Lee??? Went down like Tom Daley

Didn't see the game today, just had it on the radio. Sounded like we should have won more comfortably, missed some good chances. But an excellent result, particularly with Chelsea getting beat. Things are shaping up nicely.

Didn't see the game today, just had it on the radio. Sounded like we should have won more comfortably, missed some good chances. But an excellent result, particularly with Chelsea getting beat. Things are shaping up nicely.

Someone made a comment before that these are meant to be easy games....

There are NO easy games in this league

Back