• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT SPURS v burnley

You probably missed the start of the exchange. 5 yards longer (ie 5%) and 1 yard wider (about 1.5% wider). I haven't been out with a tape-measure but will trust Sky's figures in the link which I posted above

Sky seem to have the width wrong at 68m.

A lot of other places online have it at 69.

Truth be told, I think it's as much about all the other factors (travel, set up, lack of familiarity etc) as the size per se.

Yes, but didn't we have the second smallest pitch in WHL after Stoke?

So less of an adjustment for the rest.

it's not the absolute size it's the differentiation, you plug a gap between the line and the next man, it's still a constant reading of position

personally I don't think it's much of an excuse, the problem isn't the size, it's the reduction in determinism of our offensive unit, we're not executing to our potential, I'll get pulled up for calling him out again but Eriksen just isn't doing enough, neither are Alli, Son and Kane, they need to work a bit harder and be more decisive

wembley should be an advantage, it's ours, it's the opposition that should feel nervous, that they are in a cup final, that they have it all to lose, we know we are back there next week

grand scheme of things we are resource limited, we shouldn't get too carried away (granted I probably am), but it's so frustrating to have started this way again when that is where we fell short in the previous two seasons

you'd think we have it by now, that's our third proper game there in addition to all of the 11 - 11 training we've done there in pre season
And last seasons CL games. There are no excuses, we've lost/drawn many games like this at WHL just like we've lost many times to Chelsea. Nothing new.....

And last seasons CL games. There are no excuses, we've lost/drawn many games like this at WHL just like we've lost many times to Chelsea. Nothing new.....

yep

the problem isn't on the grass, it's in the players heads, the confidence and the arrogance isn't there

I don't agree. We haven't noticeably changed tactics between home and away games in the past and most away games will be on larger pitches.

The high line is about compressing play, so we should definitely continue with that in a larger pitch.

It should also be harder for poorer teams to shut up shop on a larger pitch. That should play in out favour.

Our pressing game evolved last season. We were a little more measured and again that should work better on a larger pitch.

We see the same every season. We start slowly and people start writing off our chances. Poch has been great at timing our form and fitness for the second half of the season, when it counts. I am sure that we will see the same again this year.

But, but... we all agreed (Poch included) that we needed a quick start this season in order to challenge. Our sole advantage over the money doped sides is that we had a settled team and way if playing. This should have been to our advantage in the early part of the season.

I do agree that Poch teams seem to get better and fitter in the second halves of the season, but our fitness this season seems to me to be well below par. Rather than pick teams off in the last 20 minutes when they tire, it appears that we are the team that tires too early. This is compounded by Poch's one clear Achilles heel - his game management and ineffective use of subs . He can't seem to recognize when players are running on empty. Wanyama last week and Dembele and Trippier this week.

Really disappointed in the team performance today. Dier and Ali looked unhappy. There were no happy smiles on faces - not even from Son, who had a shocker and seemed to forget how to take players on and make things happen. Thank the lord that Kane's miserable August is over once again. Can't wait for the window to close ( hopefully with three more pacy players in) and our existing players not having dreams of grandeur at other clubs.

So we have had 3 month to strengthen our attack and nothing, so if Harry is having an off day there is no one on the bench to get us goals or provide genuine creativity

I do agree that Poch teams seem to get better and fitter in the second halves of the season, but our fitness this season seems to me to be well below par. Rather than pick teams off in the last 20 minutes when they tire, it appears that we are the team that tires too early. This is compounded by Poch's one clear Achilles heel - his game management and ineffective use of subs . He can't seem to recognize when players are running on empty. Wanyama last week and Dembele and Trippier this week.

Really disappointed in the team performance today. Dier and Ali looked unhappy. There were no happy smiles on faces - not even from Son, who had a shocker and seemed to forget how to take players on and make things happen. Thank the lord that Kane's miserable August is over once again. Can't wait for the window to close ( hopefully with three more pacy players in) and our existing players not having dreams of grandeur at other clubs.

We have not improved the team so why are you surprised?

So we have had 3 month to strengthen our attack and nothing, so if Harry is having an off day there is no one on the bench to get us goals or provide genuine creativity

Son is a 20 goal man.

Alli is a double figures man.

Eriksen won't be far behind.

Relax, it's a couple of games.

It's not "much" longer! It's 5 meters. That's three steps when jogging.

That's a lot of space when getting past players.some players are beaten by a whisker. What about when a whinger is chasing the ball to the by line and just misses getting there! Very common. So a couple inches can make a difference let alone a couple of meters....

We have not improved the team so why are you surprised?

We finished last season playing good expansive football and scoring goals for fun. With effectively the same settled team, we haven't carried that impetus on at all. Remember we finished second last season with this team.

buying players isn't the only way to improve a team

I Agree totally. But with Kane a little out of sorts we were again struggling in front of a goal we had no options. We have Janssen who Poch obviously has little faith in, and then what? Son does not look fully fit as he had no preseason, and the same for Wanyama last week.

We finished last season playing good expansive football and scoring goals for fun. With effectively the same settled team, we haven't carried that impetus on at all. Remember we finished second last season with this team.

And how about a plan B? What is the point of having Janssen on the bench when he is not trusted. Either bring him on or sell him and buy someone you trust.

Back