• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur ****

Will love it if we finish above them again. They were probably getting this excited a year ago after they beat us. They're doing well but the first time they played anyone half decent (United) they lost. Don't like Liverpool at all but would like them to thrash them next weekend.

Will love it if we finish above them again. They were probably getting this excited a year ago after they beat us. They're doing well but the first time they played anyone half decent (United) they lost. Don't like Liverpool at all but would like them to thrash them next weekend.
They had fire works and a street party last season

They beat us. Not good times. I hope you are right though.

Credit where its due. They are playing well, but I only see them getting 2nd at best. People may laugh, but I have a feeling United could pip Arsenal to 2nd though. I think we are looking at 4th place, tops, lucky for us Chelsea and Liverpool look as poor as we do

yep, they are definetly better than the sum of their parts in my opinion. They'll have a dip at some point obviously, but trying to predict the best 3 behind City at this stage is pointless. I just hope Conte can be less stubborn in both his starting XI and his subs.

only Romero is doing his part as part of the back 3. playing DM, supporting or even joining in the attack at times.
you can't say that a CB in a back 2 has the same responsibilites as those in the back 3, unlesss you have 7 outfield players who can play like 8.
I couldn’t agree more…. What I was trying to say was that our 3 CBs will tend to look as though they have defended fine and that’s because defending in a 3 is easy, most CBs will look fine in a 3. It leaves us outnumbered in the midfield though and unless all of them are stepping out and creating attacks then it’s hard for us to do snything other than play counter attacking football.

I couldn’t agree more…. What I was trying to say was that our 3 CBs will tend to look as though they have defended fine and that’s because defending in a 3 is easy, most CBs will look fine in a 3. It leaves us outnumbered in the midfield though and unless all of them are stepping out and creating attacks then it’s hard for us to do snything other than play counter attacking football.

I think Conte's tactics ultimately depends on the left and right centre back to get forward. I don't agree with it, I think it's better to have that extra man in midfield by default , but there we are. I've always hated the idea of three center backs

I think Conte's tactics ultimately depends on the left and right centre back to get forward. I don't agree with it, I think it's better to have that extra man in midfield by default , but there we are. I've always hated the idea of three center backs
I really like a back 3
I don’t like a back 5
Royal makes it a back 5

Eh. This was coming, to be honest - I'm not losing sleep over it. We always lose at their gaff.

But it does tell me something in terms of our mentality - we won't win brick with this lot, Conte or otherwise, and it helps to not get my hopes up.

If we really want to see a mentality change at Spurs, these are the games where we need to show it - and today tells me nothing has changed with this lot. Lloris dropping a clanger in a big game, Emerson being a ridiculous, absolutely brainless macaron, and the game is gone from there.

Has our mentality improved? Probably, as evidenced by the draw at Chelsea. Has it improved enough to br a real contender? Nope, as evidenced by today.

Wake me up when we actually win at their gaff. Until then, every loss there shows me this lot are still missing something in their heads - they are still cowards, if lesser ones than they were.
yeah..mentality all wrong...year in year out! I could have put my house on this that we would lose...

I really like a back 3
I don’t like a back 5
Royal makes it a back 5
Think a lot of people get caught up that playing a back 3 is defensive as it's really a back 5. It's like any system, it can be attacking or defensive depending on the intent.
A back 3 with two attacking WBs is more attacking than a back 4 with defensive midfielder. Look at the way Brighton set up with a back 3, it's more attacking than ours.

That was not pretty today. We always shoot ourselves in the foot there . We walk out onto that pitch and melt.

Some of our defending was shambolic. At the minute don’t think we are nailed on for top four. 8 games in and it’s very underwhelming.

Think a lot of people get caught up that playing a back 3 is defensive as it's really a back 5. It's like any system, it can be attacking or defensive depending on the intent.
A back 3 with two attacking WBs is more attacking than a back 4 with defensive midfielder. Look at the way Brighton set up with a back 3, it's more attacking than ours.
Agree
I’ve seen amazing football from 3 at the back teams

That was not pretty today. We always shoot ourselves in the foot there . We walk out onto that pitch and melt.

Some of our defending was shambolic. At the minute don’t think we are nailed on for top four. 8 games in and it’s very underwhelming.
But still a great start points wise and mainly London derbies

But still a great start points wise and mainly London derbies

No doubt but it’s awful to watch . We just surrender the middle of the pitch. Especially when our counter attack is stuttering. Kane and Son look so off it at the moment.
We missed Kulu.

All the stuff about them lot will drop off etc. one thing is for sure they look a much better side than we have this season.

Defending wasn't the prob today, we didn't look like conceding. It took a great goal and then for us to hand the game to them on the plate with the Lloris howler and the red card.
We've had the same prob all season as to today, our passing is shocking at times and it was at crucial times today.

No doubt but it’s awful to watch . We just surrender the middle of the pitch. Especially when our counter attack is stuttering. Kane and Son look so off it at the moment.
We missed Kulu.

All the stuff about them lot will drop off etc. one thing is for sure they look a much better side than we have this season.
They look peak
You think they can keep that going?
I don’t
Their bench was mix of kids, weka players from last season and one new signing
Partey court case will have a knock on too

Defending wasn't the prob today, we didn't look like conceding. It took a great goal and then for us to hand the game to them on the plate with the Lloris howler and the red card.
We've had the same prob all season as to today, our passing is shocking at times and it was at crucial times today.
It’s because we play higher risk, higher reward passes a lot of times
They look easy to fans but there is a reason why they don’t always come off
When they do, we get high quality chances
Today it wasn’t because of their pressing. Their pressing game stopped after 20 minutes.

Problem for me is it wasn't a great goal. It was entirely expected the way we left some arse clam unmarked 20 meters out.

Agreed on the passing particularly on the counter . Son was guilty 3/4 times in the first half of playing a really poor ball that should have seen us in.

As for the defending poor at points. Thought Romero was not at it again.

We missed Kulu.

I was happy enough with the football we played during the run in last season - if that, or better, is what we're building towards then all good. This season we have been functional & effective, if not easy on the eye and we have the points we should have imo so deserve to be where we are in the table.

It's all about getting to the WC break for me and then seeing who deals with the fatigue during the 2nd half of the season

Back