• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur ****

Sorry, I obviously didn't read the original message properly.

The problem with going 3-5-2 in that way is that in many ways we then carry even less attacking threat. We're basically sacrificing an attacking player for another defensive one. If we wanted to go 3-5-2 then I think we'd need to do that by putting a creative, attacking central player in there like a Maddison type and we don't really have one of those. We'd then be even more reliant on our wing backs creating something (not particularly likely at the moment) or on Kane dropping deep to feed whichever one of Son or Richarlison were selected to play alongside him up top.

The only way that I could see us playing 3 in the middle working at the moment is us playing a 4-3-3 type formation, sacrificing one of the centre backs (probably Dier) to instead play an out and out holder in midfield (probably Bissouma). Romero and Lenglet/Davies can then fan out wide when we're out of possession to cover runners from wide areas with Bissouma slotting in to solidify the centre. Relies on the full backs having to make a huge number of sprints in a game (as Walker and Rose used to under Poch) but might give us a reasonable balance between attack and defence.
We would need a left back for that though

The problem with going 3-5-2 is that in many ways we then carry even less attacking threat. We're basically sacrificing an attacking player for another defensive one. If we wanted to go 3-5-2 then I think we'd need to do that by putting a creative, attacking central player in there, like a Maddison type and we don't really have one of those. Without a Maddison type in a 3-5-2 we'd be even more reliant on our wing backs creating something (not particularly likely at the moment) or on Kane dropping deep to feed whichever one of Son or Richarlison were selected to play alongside him up top.

I think 2 strikers, fed by Bentancur, would be more successfully attacking than 3 strikers who are almost never fed / almost never retain the ball.

A bit like playing 5 strikers does not get more goals than playing 2 strikers, if you catch my drift.

We need less of a driving player and more of a passer. Being able to beat the player is a great attribute but we need someone who is great at finding others in tight and awkward spaces.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I disagree. We need a player who can do both from that right-hand side with a left foot in the case of a Conte set-up.

Sorry, I obviously didn't read the original message properly.

The problem with going 3-5-2 is that in many ways we then carry even less attacking threat. We're basically sacrificing an attacking player for another defensive one. If we wanted to go 3-5-2 then I think we'd need to do that by putting a creative, attacking central player in there, like a Maddison type and we don't really have one of those. Without a Maddison type in a 3-5-2 we'd be even more reliant on our wing backs creating something (not particularly likely at the moment) or on Kane dropping deep to feed whichever one of Son or Richarlison were selected to play alongside him up top.

The only way that I could see us playing 3 in the middle working at the moment is us playing a 4-3-3 type formation, sacrificing one of the centre backs (probably Dier) to instead play an out and out holder in midfield (probably Bissouma). Romero and Lenglet/Davies can then fan out wide when we're out of possession to cover runners from wide areas with Bissouma slotting in to solidify the centre. Relies on the full backs having to make a huge number of sprints in a game (as Walker and Rose used to under Poch) but might give us a reasonable balance between attack and defence.

I think the one thing 3-5-2 would do at the moment is

a) protect Kane or Son
b) allow Kane, Son or Richey to play closer to each other

I would love to see

Sees Bent PEH Deccy Perisic

as a 5 personally, but understand that Antonio won't do it. Perhaps it would be a way to switch things mid-game sometimes? Would allow one of our three forwards to always be an option off the bench, and rest one, further, with Skipp and Bissouma on the bench we could always opt to go defensive. I think Deccy almost floating as a creative 10 behind Kane and Son could absolutely work.

Of course, what is probably most important to realize is that 3-5-2 is only going to be an option used sparingly, further 3-4-3 will be Antonio's dominant.
The only thing which could force his hand is injury. I wish we'd find Harry some rest. I am worried.

I disagree. We need a player who can do both from that right-hand side with a left foot in the case of a Conte set-up.
We have that player already in Kulu. Depth would be great sure, but if Kulu is fit we still lack that passing range in the centre.

I agree a player who can do both is ideal but that wasn't the proposition. If given the choice between a dribbler or a passer, this side requires a passer.

A dribbler beats his man and then doesn't knows what to do with it. A dribbler is a Moura who can beat players for fun but then nothing comes from it. A passer sees things others don't, can will play the tricky passes that work against both tight defences along with line splitting passes in games that are open.

Last edited:
I think the one thing 3-5-2 would do at the moment is

a) protect Kane or Son
b) allow Kane, Son or Richey to play closer to each other

I would love to see

Sees Bent PEH Deccy Perisic

as a 5 personally, but understand that Antonio won't do it. Perhaps it would be a way to switch things mid-game sometimes? Would allow one of our three forwards to always be an option off the bench, and rest one, further, with Skipp and Bissouma on the bench we could always opt to go defensive. I think Deccy almost floating as a creative 10 behind Kane and Son could absolutely work.

Of course, what is probably most important to realize is that 3-5-2 is only going to be an option used sparingly, further 3-4-3 will be Antonio's dominant.
The only thing which could force his hand is injury. I wish we'd find Harry some rest. I am worried.
A 352 needs a Kulu in the middle. Other than him we don't really have a player in the squad suited to playing an AM role. I'd happily see some variation of this. I'd also happily see 4 at the back tbh but that's never gonna happen. [emoji28]

what did we play in the run up to last season - aside from the two losses in the last 10 games - the rest were with good defending and excellent counter attacking football. kulu was integral and if recall it was a front three. only change has been richy who by comparison did not integrate into the team as well as kulu did.

what did we play in the run up to last season - aside from the two losses in the last 10 games - the rest were with good defending and excellent counter attacking football. kulu was integral and if recall it was a front three. only change has been richy who by comparison did not integrate into the team as well as kulu did.
Kulu is frankly a better player than Richy and his attributes suit our needs more than Richy's do. Richy really should be an option for Kane or Son. He's a bit of a battering ram, he doesn't have the finesse that Kulu provides.

Kulu is frankly a better player than Richy and his attributes suit our needs more than Richy's do. Richy really should be an option for Kane or Son. He's a bit of a battering ram, he doesn't have the finesse that Kulu provides.

I think Richy is absolutely cover for Son and Kane. We have no cover for Deki. Yet!

We have that player already in Kulu. Depth would be great sure, but if Kulu is fit we still lack that passing range in the centre.

I agree a player who can do both is ideal but that wasn't the proposition. If given the choice between a dribbler or a passer, this side requires a passer.

A dribbler beats his man and then doesn't knows what to do with it. A dribbler is a Moura who can beat players for fun but then nothing comes from it. A passer sees things others don't, can will play the tricky passes that work against both tight defences along with line splitting passes in games that are open.

My friend...I was an ST holder when Glenn was pulling the strings. I comprende!
Important in these discussions to accept what Conte will and won't do.

My friend...I was an ST holder when Glenn was pulling the strings. I comprende!
Important in these discussions to accept what Conte will and won't do.
Conte is so close to perfect. Small tweaks and we are there. It's whether he's willing to compromise to make those tweaks.

Back