• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

PS4 is clearly in the lead. Better service, better game options with second hand games being viable, lack of drm and it's cheaper. Is the PSNetwork still free for the PS4?

I currently can't see a reason to buy the xbox One.

PS4 is clearly in the lead. Better service, better game options with second hand games being viable, lack of drm and it's cheaper. Is the PSNetwork still free for the PS4?

I currently can't see a reason to buy the xbox One.

If the Xbox One was backwards compatible then it would give most current Xbox users an easy choice, but considering it isn't and I'll happily keep the Xbox 360 for all my current games the Ps4 is becoming an easier choice every time they hold an event.

Microsoft has until November to catch up as the hype is certainly with Sony now.

If the Xbox One was backwards compatible then it would give most current Xbox users an easy choice, but considering it isn't and I'll happily keep the Xbox 360 for all my current games the Ps4 is becoming an easier choice every time they hold an event.

Microsoft has until November to catch up as the hype is certainly with Sony now.

Agreed. I really think Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot.

[video=youtube;kWSIFh8ICaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA[/video]

Did you hear the cheer for the no DRM and daily checks announcement? They just took a gigantic dump on MS. Plus I don't want to pay another £50 a year to use xbox live.

I think that xbox live is still a big selling point for MS. Even to laymen, online gaming from Sony is known to be a big steaming pile of fail - I almost never game online but would happily pay to know that it will work when I want it to.

Any talk of HDD space for these machines? or will they be pushing Cloud based storage on people for fees related to how much space you want?

Saw this on twitter "Everyones saying Sony just killed Microsoft, which is wrong Microsoft killed themselves Sony just came and threw a mad laser show on their grave." :ross:

I'm quite disappointed with how it looks but hey it's about how it's run at the end of the day! Can't wait for the PS4!

Any talk of HDD space for these machines? or will they be pushing Cloud based storage on people for fees related to how much space you want?

500GB HDD on both.

Only thing i prefer about the XBone at this stage is the controller.
One thing not mentioned in this thread is that you still need xbox live Gold on the XBone to use netflix and other media services. They'll all be available on the PS4 without subscribing to Playstation Plus.

Is it just me or does 500GB sound rather small in this world of mega multimedia downloading and 1TB HDDs not exactly being rare or that expensive.

Microsoft got the Xbox controller 100% spot on with the 360, best games controller ever made IMO.

Is it just me or does 500GB sound rather small in this world of mega multimedia downloading and 1TB HDDs not exactly being rare or that expensive.

Microsoft got the Xbox controller 100% spot on with the 360, best games controller ever made IMO.

It is a nice controller. I have relatively large hands so the ps3 controller is a little dwarfed.

As per the 500GB, i think the XBone will use cloud, not sure on the PS4 though.

Also:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/11/sony-confirms-playstation-4-is-region-free/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/may/28/game-links-press-start

PS4 will be region free, XBone will not be.

It is a nice controller. I have relatively large hands so the ps3 controller is a little dwarfed.

As per the 500GB, i think the XBone will use cloud, not sure on the PS4 though.

Also:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/11/sony-confirms-playstation-4-is-region-free/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/may/28/game-links-press-start

PS4 will be region free, XBone will not be.

Sony have said there will be cloud storage for ps network users, as part of the $5 a month subscription. They also briefly touched on their cloud gaming strategy (they bought gaikai last year) but never really elaborated.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

:lol:

gifs_02.gif

So, anyone playing The Last Of Us?

I went to buy it yesterday but it was sold out in the 3 supermarkets I tried. Off to town soon, the missus is out with her mates tonight so major PS3 sesh is on the cards.

So, anyone playing The Last Of Us?

I went to buy it yesterday but it was sold out in the 3 supermarkets I tried. Off to town soon, the missus is out with her mates tonight so major PS3 sesh is on the cards.

I am, it is an amazing game! The story is well written and the characters have some true emotions. I also like the fact there are slow parts to the game, allows you to find supplies and just be truly awe-inspired at the environment it casts! Great buy and another great game from Naughty Dog

techies - i have a wired internet connection in a room which currently has my pc connected to it, soon i will add a ps3 to the room which i also want to connect to the internet - is there a way of using the one internet supply for both machines? is there some kind of splitter or something, wifi isn't an option as the router is downstairs and we have block walls meaning signal is poor

Back