• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Black Mirror is the best thing going on TV, for me.
Still not getting the hang of Black Mirror. Watched season 1 and the 1st episode of season 2 so far.

S2E1
Why of why did she bring her hideous boyfriend back to "life"? He was punching WELL above his weight. If it was the other way around I would have bought it, but this...this was just ridiculous. Then again, it's dark humor.

I think the point with Black Mirror a lot of the time is the consequences, not the actions.

That she brought him back is a plot device. She loved him, she grieved, she took the opportunity. Its what happens afterwards is the point of the show, IMO...

If anything, I think the whole point of the show is consequences.

Still not getting the hang of Black Mirror. Watched season 1 and the 1st episode of season 2 so far.

S2E1
Why of why did she bring her hideous boyfriend back to "life"? He was punching WELL above his weight. If it was the other way around I would have bought it, but this...this was just ridiculous. Then again, it's dark humor.
I think the point with Black Mirror a lot of the time is the consequences, not the actions.

That she brought him back is a plot device. She loved him, she grieved, she took the opportunity. Its what happens afterwards is the point of the show, IMO...

If anything, I think the whole point of the show is consequences.

Agreed, and I also I would add to that -

The fact that the boyfriend was a bit rubbish - inattentive, a little bit selfish in bed, ultimately they got on but he wasn't perfect - lends itself to the conclusion at the end. Which is to say that it would be great in theory if technology advanced to the point where not only we didn't have to suffer a devastating loss, but we could create an even better, 'perfect' version of our significant other. But in practice, it doesn't work, those imperfections are ok, and tech is not going to be a cure for everything.

I think it's a great show that started out wanting to make a point that technology could be taken too far, although has actually through it's most recent season written episodes with happier endings, where the tech has genuinely helped. It is inherently unbelievable to an extent but I really like how it creates a world and tells a good story in a relatively short space of time.

Watched ep1,2 and 3 of season 2 last night.......Waldo won out of the three.

Love they are thought-provoking. Some dont get it....... and that's it, some just won't.

Last edited:
is the Waldo episode not season 2?

best Black Mirror for me was the Christmas Special (?) with the two guys in the cabin recounting some life stories - how is season 4 shaping up? see it has a poor rating on Rotten Tomato...

Thats the catch, so many good shows to watch these days, such competition, that a show cant be "meh" and get away with it.

I feel like The Walking Dead has reached the same stage Lost did, where people watch it just because they have already sunk so much time in.

im not sure i agree with that, i find good quality shows few and far between with an abundance of highly polished 'meh' on offer - even the ones i end up sticking with (recently Ozark) are usually pretty poor overall but have a good idea or two that keep me interested enough to keep watching as a time killer.

Last edited:
Perhaps we are talking at odds, but I think the general quality of TV is increasing - particularly since the advent of the streaming formats.

Mostly because its moved away from the procedural "bad guy of the week" style to a more long form story telling.

Not too long ago things like Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad were the exception, now that form is far more the norm and (for me) far more rewarding.

The last bunch of things Ive watched?

Currently 2 seasons of Animal Kingdom, Marvels Punisher, Godless, Black Sails and Vikings. All are, IMO, quality TV and Ive enjoyed them greatly.

Not too long ago that would have been a years worth of top TV!

Inside No. 9 on the other hand, was as well crafted an episode as I've seen in some time. Up there with The Riddle of the Sphinx in terms of how intelligently it was put together.

Watched ep1,2 and 3 of season 2 last night.......Waldo won out of the three.

Love they are thought-provoking. Some dont get it....... and that's it, some just won't.
Think that's the thing. Maybe I'm not open minded enough.
The first episode was a piece of crap no matter how you look at it though.

Back