• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I thought you were of an age where you would remember it, it was all over the news. By the way Princess Diana is did and some nutters flew some planes into some skyscrappers in new york in the early 2000's
Ha. Of course I remember it mate. He scored an own goal in the WC and paid the ultimate price. Harsh but they take their football seriously over there ;)

I watched a bit of the Walking Dead last night. the better half and her sister have both watched from Season 1. I've never really seen it, apart from watching some of the previous (are they on 8 now? if so, I saw most of the 7th season). I'm unsure whether i cba to go back to 1 to start from the beginning. first one of 8 wasn't exactly encouraging...

I watched a bit of the Walking Dead last night. the better half and her sister have both watched from Season 1. I've never really seen it, apart from watching some of the previous (are they on 8 now? if so, I saw most of the 7th season). I'm unsure whether i cba to go back to 1 to start from the beginning. first one of 8 wasn't exactly encouraging...

Walking dead was very good till about series 5 /6

After last episode of series 7 I gave up. Went to pot really badly through 6 then 7 was just awful. From what I’ve read in reviews 8 is equally awful so glad I stopped watching.

Walking dead was very good till about series 5 /6

After last episode of series 7 I gave up. Went to pot really badly through 6 then 7 was just awful. From what I’ve read in reviews 8 is equally awful so glad I stopped watching.

I gave up at the end of season 3.

Loved the first half of season 1, then it tailed off.
Season 2 was a dirge.
Season 3 was promising but then just petered out...

So I gave up.

It doesnt help that at the time I was reading the books. And not to be that "the book is always better" guy, but in this case the books really are.

Mostly because the show is a soap opera, the books are incredibly tense. They are polar opposites, and everything that (imo) makes the book great just didnt make it into the show.

That they seemed to needlessly mess with some details to the shows detriment.

I might be selective and watch a couple of seasons then :D to be fair, they both said "well that was a bit brick" after last night's episode...

I gave up at the end of season 3.

Loved the first half of season 1, then it tailed off.
Season 2 was a dirge.
Season 3 was promising but then just petered out...

So I gave up.

It doesnt help that at the time I was reading the books. And not to be that "the book is always better" guy, but in this case the books really are.

Mostly because the show is a soap opera, the books are incredibly tense. They are polar opposites, and everything that (imo) makes the book great just didnt make it into the show.

That they seemed to needlessly mess with some details to the shows detriment.

I have heard that from a few who read the story.
In the earlier series there was always a big couple of episodes that dragged it back for me to continue. It could be slow in parts.

Wish I’d stopped earlier. To much time invested with no closure on how it ends. They are flogging a dead horse now and you’re right it’s very soap opera. Shame really if the source material is as good as I’ve heard.

But good riddance to it. So much better stuff about now.

Thats the catch, so many good shows to watch these days, such competition, that a show cant be "meh" and get away with it.

I feel like The Walking Dead has reached the same stage Lost did, where people watch it just because they have already sunk so much time in.

Now that was crap.

Lost really amuses me, it was one of those (rare!) times I just got it right.

The initial 2 episodes were shown back to back, I thought it was naff and never bothered again.

My brother in law got sucked right in, loved it. Over the years went from "You have to watch it!" to "You should watch it" to "Its good, honest" to "I probably wouldnt bother if I were you" to "Dont go near it, Im only watching to see what happens at the end now" to finally "That was not worth it at all"...

Some good looking shows appearing on Netflix these days. Wormwood and Manhunt:Unabomber looks good.

Watched the first episode of Black Mirror last night. Wtf? Pointless, or am I missing something? I'll give it an episode or two before passing judgment.

Some good looking shows appearing on Netflix these days. Wormwood and Manhunt:Unabomber looks good.

Watched the first episode of Black Mirror last night. Wtf? Pointless, or am I missing something? I'll give it an episode or two before passing judgment.

Definitely stick with Black Mirror. I just finished watching them all last week. The first episode is not really representative of the rest. It gets better and better.

One of the best things to happen to TV in a while, stick with it.

It's not meant to have a point, other than a bit of societal comment. Each episode is a standalone event.

Lost really amuses me, it was one of those (rare!) times I just got it right.

The initial 2 episodes were shown back to back, I thought it was naff and never bothered again.

My brother in law got sucked right in, loved it. Over the years went from "You have to watch it!" to "You should watch it" to "Its good, honest" to "I probably wouldnt bother if I were you" to "Dont go near it, Im only watching to see what happens at the end now" to finally "That was not worth it at all"...

I was a bit like that with the first few episodes of Lost, really started getting into it. I've always loved the idea of crash landing on a deserted island. But anyway, around the same time series 1 finished, I saw an interview with the writers, and as soon as they said "but we don't really know for sure quite where it's going yet..." I lost interest. In my head it was all going to come together as some elaborate clever story, and it was pretty clear they were just making it up as they went along. Shame. Wasted opportunity.

Anyway, I've got up to episode 3 of Mindhunter, which I'm loving, so far...

Mindhunter is very good. And renewed for season 2. Theres a few episodes towards the end where it lost me a bit but at the end it pulled me back. I cant wait for more.

I remember those same interviews when Lost came out, and not only were they saying up front "we are just winging it" they were gleefully doing so. Put me right off.

While I dont expect anyone to go into a new show with 5 seasons mapped out, I do at least expect a solid outline for where they think things will go.

Back