• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Been watching the Knick - excellent stuff... Clive Owen really is an excellent actor.

Superb series.

I love the low-fi background music. Very similar in style to the 'Flat of the Blade' by Massive Attack. It's music out of place with the images but somehow it fits perfectly.

Superb series.

I love the low-fi background music. Very similar in style to the 'Flat of the Blade' by Massive Attack. It's music out of place with the images but somehow it fits perfectly.

Its pretty gruesome - not in a scary or disturbing manner - but in a urgh blood kind of way - especially the first episode.

'The Walking Dead' Spinoff: Everything We Know So Far

AMC is making big moves on the TWD spinoff series. Actor Cliff Curtis — best known to TV viewers for his roles in Trauma, Gang Related, and Missing — has been cast as Sean Cabrera, the character who will act as the companion series' version of TWD leader Rick Grimes.

New Zealand native Curtis, 46, also has an eclectic movie résumé, including Three Kings, Bringing Out the Dead, The Insider, Training Day, Whale Rider, Live Free or Die Hard, Push, The Last Airbender, and Blow, in which he played Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar.

Related: Take a Bite Out of Our 'Walking Dead' Recaps

The spinoff series, which will be set in the same postapocalyptic world Rick Grimes and friends are maneuvering through, albeit in a different location, has no official title yet, but The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline report that Curtis's Sean is a divorced teacher who is "a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life."

AMC will not confirm character or storyline details (or the show's working title, Cobalt), but The Hollywood Reporter reports that Sean has a son with his ex-wife, Andrea, and that his female counterpart in the series is a character named Nancy Tomkins, a guidance counselor at the school where Sean was a teacher.

The Nancy role has not yet been cast, but her children have: British actor Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and In the Heart of the Sea) will play Nick, who has dealt with drug problems, and Australian actress Alycia Debnam Carey will play Ashley, described as Nancy's "ambitious" daughter. Carey also had a role in Galyntine, the Greg Nicotero-directed sci-fi drama pilot that AMC passed on earlier this year.

Related: 'The Walking Dead' Showrunner Scott Gimple on the Finale's Big Death and the Return of You-Know-Who

TVLine.com reported in September that the Cobalt cast will also include Sean's son Cody, a rebel "known as the angriest kid in town," and a 40-something "somewhat wilted flower child" named Andrea Chapman, who is still reeling from a bad marriage (and who sounds a little like a mash-up of TWD characters Carol and Andrea).

Other speculation about the spinoff includes the suggestion that the story will be set in the early days of the apocalypse, before walkers overran the world.

Does that mean there's a chance Sean's group and Rick's group could meet up eventually?

The companion series pilot, co-written and executive produced by TWD universe creator Robert Kirkman and former Sons of Anarchy (and current Marco Polo) producer Dave Erickson, will also count TWD executive producers Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert as executive producers, with Erickson as the showrunner.

-----

I guess they have an idea on how they are going to finish the show if this spin-off is set during the early period of the apocalypse? As i guess it's more than likely that the cause will be revealed and therefore some sort of solution possibly too.

Last edited:
No worries, just a bit frustrating that I'm almost up to speed and had managed to avoid spoilers so far. A little bit bored of Walking Dead as well now as it's becoming so formulaic.

No worries, just a bit frustrating that I'm almost up to speed and had managed to avoid spoilers so far. A little bit bored of Walking Dead as well now as it's becoming so formulaic.

agree, apart from 1st episode of series, all very boring and can't really get involved with these characters, they can't keep circling georgia for ever, there;s no end game and that why there'll be more series obviously but I'm getting jaded by it all

Just watched broadwalk empire series 5

Going to really miss this show, but with so many different leading characters it never was going to be able to go on for 7 or 8.
Stephen Graham portrayal of Capone is first class and I so hope that there is a film or a series that covers his life. Graham should have that role. Weird he sits regular on soccer am. Loved the moment he had with his son in the last episode, when put aside with his brutality in other moments. Should get a gong of some sort.

Finished watching the Knick

Seriously good and Clive Owen erm owns it haha

Always liked him... superb actor

Just watched broadwalk empire series 5

Going to really miss this show, but with so many different leading characters it never was going to be able to go on for 7 or 8.
Stephen Graham portrayal of Capone is first class and I so hope that there is a film or a series that covers his life. Graham should have that role. Weird he sits regular on soccer am. Loved the moment he had with his son in the last episode, when put aside with his brutality in other moments. Should get a gong of some sort.

Agreed, the flashpoints of manic violence were really well done but that moment with his son was incredibly touching.
Also I found the final scene between the Thompson brothers was rather emotional.

Finished watching the Knick

Seriously good and Clive Owen erm owns it haha

Always liked him... superb actor

It is really really good. A pleasant surprise of a show, though some of the 'progressive' attitudes on show strike me as a little discordant, somewhat crowbarred in because of present-day opinions and sensibilities.

Just watched the last episode of The Newsroom, little cheesy in part, Sorkin can never help himself, but man thats an incredible show, i'm really gonna miss it.

Just watched the last episode of The Newsroom, little cheesy in part, Sorkin can never help himself, but man thats an incredible show, i'm really gonna miss it.

I was thinking the same at the end with the garage band scene - SO cheesy... even the last scene was cheesy but I enjoyed it. Jeff Daniels was very good in it though... loved Emily Mortimer obviously - hot

Back