• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: *Official* Holtby

If it had been Eriksen who had played that pass for Defoe's second everyone would be creaming their pants right now.

Not really, the pass was excellent, however his overall play was not good enough.

Everyone does seem to be a bit ott on Erikson though. He scored a wonder goal, oh my GHod!.. Yeah the main issue about football is consistency, he has potential, we'll just have to see how he does.

It's funny how expectation clouds perception and judgment. The way I see it is that the team as a whole is playing better together, and these promising signs hopefully mean big things to come. I'm hoping halfway through the season, we'll really start to see the team clicking as they gain more confidence in themselves and each other.

I think he's not fully fit and more significantly, would actually look better if he didn't cover so much ground and charge around so much. He exhausts himself running and biting at heels so much - and while that mobility and dynamism is great, that leaves less in the locker for the pretty passing and lock-picking in the final third that he can be pretty damn good at. That throughball is just a glimpse of what he's capable of.

Changed the game when he come on in my view.

Absolutely. Two key passes. We have a very good squad. For the first time in my life I see strength in depth in almost every position at Spurs. Subs won us the game today, fantastic feeling

Absolutely. Two key passes. We have a very good squad. For the first time in my life I see strength in depth in almost every position at Spurs. Subs won us the game today, fantastic feeling

it's superb isnt it!

i love it when subs come on and change games, really gives a manager a headache. Aston Villa in the cup next too which will be good to give Holtby and Lamela game time in which they both should get based on the appearances off the bench.

On for 2 minutes, created two good chances with two very good short passes. Great cameo.

He has looked impressive this season. Against teams who are going to park the bus I'd like to see him starting, as you need someone in these situations who can quickly pick out a short, accurate pass to a man who has found space in a crowd.

Sadly, Chelsea next week is not going to be one of those games, we'll need the physical presence of two out of Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele to deal with them. But he'll surely start against Villa in the cup, and hopefully alongside Eriksen against West Ham on October 6th, which should show us some attractive, free-flowing football.

I'm sorry but he has to start against Chelsea, the guy is oozing in confidence right now.

I'm sorry but he has to start against Chelsea, the guy is oozing in confidence right now.

I think Eriksen keeps possession better than Holtby. Chelsea will look to dispossess us during transition and counter attack. It is what Mourinho's teams like to do. For that reason, I prefer we play Eriksen over Holtby in the #10 position against Chelsea.

Last edited:

Either Holtby or Lamela has got to start.

Would certainly be interesting if we went for Holby, Eriksen and Lamela ahead of Sandro and Paulinho for example. Although I think the better decisions is to put Dembele in alongside Sandro and Paulinho to make us even more solid through the centre.

..............Soldado

Holtby......Eriksen........Townsend

?

His good performances haven't been from the left though, that's the problem. If it was a more mid table side i'd play Holtby as one of the deep midfield two.

What are Chelsea playing this season? If they play three in the middle i would not be surprised if we matched them.

Back