• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: Holtby is on German TV now...

The game before he jumped on Bale and almost threw him into the crowd when he scored ...

brick like that is infectious, that desire, and joy at playing and winning is crucial.

Would be interesting to see a regular partnership of Bale/Holtby with a decent striker to either offer a scoring option or create space.

Cheers for the update.

He's certainly made a great impression so far and I really like his enthusiasm. Also, it can't be bad for us to have a young German high profile player be so happy about the club and so speaking so enthusiastically about us in Germany. Any German player hearing about that, young or experienced, might be more inclined to sign for us should we come calling. Imagine Schurrle sitting there next to him in the interview and then this summer we come in for him, might have a positive influence on our chances.

I'm not buying the whole "want to stay for life" schtick though, been hurt too many times before and just going to assume it's all crap unless the player saying it is 37 years old and just signed a new 5 year contract.

he's young he's allowed to say such things.
at least its not some macho-brick i am better than so-and-so attitude!

Holtby is really a bit of a star over here. He's certainly loving it playing for Spurs. When they were playing footage of his song he was singing along!! The boy fking loves it.

Nothing earth shattering just thought you guys might be interested. Should probably have found an old thread but never mind, worse things will happen,.

Thanks so much for this. I wish I'd seen it.

I love that guy.

Can someone explain to me what I'm missing with this guy, don't get me wrong he looks a good signing but he certainly doesn't seem as amazing as some seem to be making out. I'm concerned about his first touch, the ball often seems to bounce off him.

Don't take this the wrong way, as I say he seems a decent player and definitely good to have his enthusiasm in the squad, I think I just need to see more of him before I make my mind up on him.

His first touch is his best part of his game SpursLodge! When some will take 2 touches to get under control he will use one or even flick it to someone. That said he did not have a goo dgame against West Ham as he kept giving the ball away but he has looked class. Against West Brom he did nothing wrong and was awesome I thought.

[video]http://www.sportschau.de/Medien/fussball/international/videotottenhamderneueclubvonlewisholtby100.html[/video]

[video=youtube_share;6WQHrc_ZBx4]http://youtu.be/6WQHrc_ZBx4[/video]

I love the song you can hear it being sung already but what is said after His name is Lewis Holtby he's number 23, Just can't get enough.. and then before it goes into the do do do do Lewis Holtby..

Great little dynamo of a player, good shot on him too. Infectious enthusiasm, he seems to have adapted well to the English game. Early days yet, hopefully of a long and successful career. Willkommen Lewis !!!

I was a massive fan of Lewis at Schalke but I under-rated him, I honestly wouldn't swap him for Kross.

If giving the choice of Gotze instead sorry Lewis but off you go.

His first touch is his best part of his game SpursLodge! When some will take 2 touches to get under control he will use one or even flick it to someone. That said he did not have a goo dgame against West Ham as he kept giving the ball away but he has looked class. Against West Brom he did nothing wrong and was awesome I thought.

Really??? not from what I've seen, which to be fair is only a couple of games on TV, one being the West Ham one where a number of passes bounced off him and he had to chase after them.

I love the song you can hear it being sung already but what is said after His name is Lewis Holtby he's number 23, Just can't get enough.. and then before it goes into the do do do do Lewis Holtby..

Sounds like:

He came to join Tottenham
From a team in Germany

And when he scores a goal
I'm sure to cry (not sure on this line)
That I just can't seem to get enough....

Sounds like:

He came to join Tottenham
From a team in Germany

And when he scores a goal
I'm sure to cry (not sure on this line)
That I just can't seem to get enough....

thank you after several listens think it works out to this..
His name is Lewis Holtby he’s number twenty three,
I just Can’t get enough
I just can’t get enough

He came to Tottenham Hotspur from a team in Germany,
I just can’t get enough
I just can’t get enough

He scores a goal and the yids go wild
And I just can’t seem to get enough of…

Do do do dooo do do do dooo do do do doo
Lewis Holtby (repeat)

Really??? not from what I've seen, which to be fair is only a couple of games on TV, one being the West Ham one where a number of passes bounced off him and he had to chase after them.

Sometimes i don't know if we are watching the same game. Holtby is a very classy one-touch footballer. He may have had a few loose touches v. West Ham, but the pitch was poor and we were playing against one of the most physical sides in the league.

He didn't have his best game against them, but was brilliant in the EL as well as in other matches. He's been at the club for five games, FFS. Was great when he came on v. Norwich and very good v Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Give the kid some time to get to know his teammates, and you will see a magnificent player.

Back