• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: *Official* Holtby to join in January - pg 25

He involved in any internationals this week?

No. Pretty sure I saw that he hadn't been picked for Germany. Whether that's to give him more time with his new chums, or something more significant, I don't know.

Am I right in thinking that he's not a nailed-on regular in the full national squad?

No. Pretty sure I saw that he hadn't been picked for Germany. Whether that's to give him more time with his new chums, or something more significant, I don't know.

Am I right in thinking that he's not a nailed-on regular in the full national squad?
To be fair Germany have some of the most talented midfielders in the world.

I also think they have one of the best youth development systems in the world - starting from their U9s and up.

Pwoppa good comments from Holtby in Goal.com story/interview:

Lewis Holtby believes that Tottenham are quickly evolving into a team that deserves a place in the Champions League.

Andre Villas-Boas' side beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine at White Hart Lane on Saturday to strengthen their grip on fourth place and the final qualification spot for Europe's premier competition.

Holtby is Spurs' latest signing, having joined for £1.5 million from Schalke in January, but says momentum has been growing at the club long prior to his arrival.

"This club is evolving every year, maybe even every month," the German told reporters. "We're now fighting for third and it's not like it's come from nowhere.

"This club has been in the top four or five for the last couple of years, so I've made a really big decision in my career and it's the right decision.

"Our aim is to go to the Champions League. The club is getting bigger all the time and we deserve to be there.

"It's a long way and a very hard route we are on but with this squad, and the whole background with the staff, I think we're able to play in the Champions League. It's a fantastic club to come to.

"The team spirit is very high, that's why we win these tight games. It's fantastic to be here and the reception of the fans is always perfect."

Holtby lauded Gareth Bale after the Welshman delivered another match-winning performance to seal three points against Saudi Sportswashing Machine but was keen to emphasise the efforts of the team as a whole.

"He [Bale] is a world-class player, one of the best in the world I think," he enthused. "What he's producing every week is fantastic, but you have to give the credit to the others – we're a team with 11 men.

"Of course Gareth scores goals and he is perfect for us, but every player in the team works hard for the club.

"You see at the end how Hugo [Lloris] saved that chance, and the defenders put their bodies into every shot. Everyone is working really hard and that's the key of the game, playing football with 11 or 14 men, who are strong.

"To have a player like Bale makes the difference and to play with him is a great feeling, but it's not just him."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/02/11/3743894/tottenham-are-evolving-into-a-champions-league-calibre-club?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

Yup. No shame in being behind the likes of Ozil, Goetze, Reus, Draxler (future) etc, and when it comes to youngsters, you never quite know how they'll develop. The level of depth Germany has is amazing - I wonder if we could poach their youth infrastructure and coaches :)

Freund Lewis Holtby take on Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton

[video=youtube;AsYBibiGhKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsYBibiGhKo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sorry if already posted elsewhere.

Re: Freund Lewis Holtby take on Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton

Think the gk is Jonathan miles a youth keeper

Is this now the only known footage of Freund scoring a goal at Spurs? :D

Those first two penalties from 'England' were superb! All the rest were rubbish though, from both teams.

I hope Holtby is not needed in a shootout lol.. for someone who's seems pretty confident his weren't great pens were they?*

*not that this is the most accurate predictor of a real life shootout however.. I doubt the Kyles would go for top corners under pressure haha

Good vid though, always interesting to see training ground footage.

they are really enjoying themselves out there. walker's a funny fella!

agreed. brick pennos. AVB out. Levy, shudda bought a striker. booo booo boooooooooooo.

;-)

Freund still has the worst technique :lol:

Back