• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

My recent film watching has included;

Conviction - v. good film
Contagium - not as good as Outbreak
Harry Brown - depressing but some good moments, M. Caine is class
Secret Key - French Nazi film, dark but solid acting

Seen a few recently.

Margin Call - Decent film about the financial crisis, great cast.
Chronicle - Loved it
Green Lantern - I was swayed by the poor reviews this got when it was at the cinema but it's a pretty damn good comic book movie, much better than the abysmal Iron Man 2.

Last edited:
Been watching some of Catherine Breillat's flicks recently - some heavy stuff if anyone enjoys alternative movies

Watched War Horse up cinema last night, far too schmaltzy for my tastes (it's basically Saving Private Ryan meets Black Beauty) but will probably win Spielberg a shed load of awards as Hollywood loves that sort of thing.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Stupid film title but a decent film. About a kid who loses his father to 9/11

Was somewhat put off by the 9/11 subject matter, but it is from a book by Jonathan Safran Foer who wrote the brilliant 'Everything Is Illuminated' so I might give it a go at some point.

Let's see. Recently watched:

I Am Number Four
Battle Los Angeles
The Empire Of The Wolves
Case 39
Season Of The Witch
Altitude

I regret them all :(

Watched Invictus recently, not a rugby fan but I enjoyed it

Also saw matt Damon again in The Green Zone as well, quality

Let's see. Recently watched:

I Am Number Four
Battle Los Angeles
The Empire Of The Wolves
Case 39
Season Of The Witch
Altitude

I regret them all :(

Why did you want to do that to yourself? Any one of those alone can reduce your IQ by 10 points for up to a week

Watched Die Hard: With A Vengeance last night for the first time. Not a patch on the first 2 movies but still a decent actioner.

127 hours was excellent. Sort of Touching the Void, flavoured with optimism.

I recorded 127 Hours when it was shown on TV a few weeks back but not got around to watching it yet. Did like Touching The Void so should like this too then.

That should have be a double-warning in fact because many brick movies get decent ratings. So if a movie received a low rating and it's NOT European - run for cover

Last edited:
Back