• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Into The Wild

brilliant, best movie i have watched in ages.

Agreed, really sung to my sensibilities, with a lovely eddie vedder soundtrack. Very very cool film and person.

Kind of how 'the beach' could have been if the guy had been a deeper soul. The two films kind of reflect how I was in my early twenties, I went travelling around asia and ended up working in a mission in Calcutta, could easily have had eithers outcome though as I got very sick up in the himalayas and was almost to weak to get back down from chitral, then about 6months later I blew all my money in thailand and might have stayed in a commune if I'd happened across one.

Anybody seen 'Take Shelter' yet? got it to watch tonight or tomorrow

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675192/

"Plagued by a series of apocalyptic visions, a young husband and father questions whether to shelter his family from a coming storm, or from himself."

MV5BNzgzODA5MTU3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY4MDEwNg@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

7.9 on IMDB

Will report back after watching.

The Descendants was good. Thought it was going to be American phycho babble crap at some points but it redeemed itself! The Iron lady was very powerful. Very moving. I'm sure there will be many who can't see past there hatred of the woman.

From the reviews which I have read, the performance of Streep is the only good thing about the film. Think it got about 59% on rotten tomatoes which is usually a good barometer.

From the reviews which I have read, the performance of Streep is the only good thing about the film. Think it got about 59% on rotten tomatoes which is usually a good barometer.

Maybe they should make a movie about thatcher as the great leader she was then it might be a good movie. But as most movie makers are left wing commie bastards i doubt we will ever see a decent thatcher movie, sadly.

Maybe they should make a movie about thatcher as the great leader she was then it might be a good movie. But as most movie makers are left wing commie bastards i doubt we will ever see a decent thatcher movie, sadly.

Really enjoyed it.

Loved the scene where she destroys Geoffrey Howe, which leads to his resignation (and her downfall)

How many had figured out Unknown prior to the last 15 minutes?

Thought it was alright. A little too close to the Bourne concept, imv

6 / 10

Finally got to see Warhorse yesterday, good viewing, serious tissue usage from the wife

Also saw 'In Time' Interesting concept, but the plot had a few too many holes in it for me

How many had figured out Unknown prior to the last 15 minutes?

Thought it was alright. A little too close to the Bourne concept, imv

6 / 10

hated that movie, can't understand the Liam Neeson hype either - guys the most bland wooden actor ive ever seen

anyway, Midnight in Paris - really liked this, hadn't read anything about it other than it was well rated before watching - i like these kind of off beat romance kind of movies - don't watch enough of them

7/10

Agreed, really sung to my sensibilities, with a lovely eddie vedder soundtrack. Very very cool film and person.

Kind of how 'the beach' could have been if the guy had been a deeper soul. The two films kind of reflect how I was in my early twenties, I went travelling around asia and ended up working in a mission in Calcutta, could easily have had eithers outcome though as I got very sick up in the himalayas and was almost to weak to get back down from chitral, then about 6months later I blew all my money in thailand and might have stayed in a commune if I'd happened across one.

Vedder rocks!!!

hated that movie, can't understand the Liam Neeson hype either - guys the most bland wooden actor ive ever seen

His was superb in Schindler's List for me.

But that was nearly 25 years ago and very little to remember ever since

As for Unknown - don't think he's suited for these kind of action characters, personally

Back