• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Totally agree about Pan's Labyrinth, Oldboy and City of GHod. All 3 are fantastic movies.=D>

Some other great foreign language movies that are worth putting up with subtitles for imho:

Seven Samurai
Das Boot
Spirited Away
Jean de Florette / Manon des Sources
Downfall
Battle Royale
La Haine
Letters from Iwo Jima
The Motorcycle Diaries
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

All worth seeing, I'd say. Wasn't that Che bloke a bit of leftie murdering bastard though?

Have you ever watched "Come & See"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/reviews

Last edited:
The Descendants was good. Thought it was going to be American phycho babble crap at some points but it redeemed itself! The Iron lady was very powerful. Very moving. I'm sure there will be many who can't see past there hatred of the woman.

Human Centipede 2 - fudge, that was awful and I'm not talking about the content of the film. They're even making a 3rd one.

Human Centipede 2 - fudge, that was awful and I'm not talking about the content of the film. They're even making a 3rd one.

Uncut version or the one that was released here?

I saw the first 10 mins of the first one, switched it off as its complete and utter dog turd.

Uncut version or the one that was released here?

I saw the first 10 mins of the first one, switched it off as its complete and utter dog turd.

Uncut I think. Anyway, the story, the acting and not least the directing. Absolutely 100% crap.

Has anyone here seen Fever Pitch?

I have always avoided it as I was concerned it might make me throw up, but I have to confess curiosity is getting the better of me.

Will it just wind me up, or is it worth a go?

For the record I will be downloading it, no Goons will benefit financially from it O:)

Saw Moneyball last weekend & thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know if it's been covered in here yet but Billy Beane (Brad Pitt's character in Moneyball) is a massive Spurs fan:

When the A's ownership group agreed to purchase the reincarnation of the San Jose Earthquakes of Major League Soccer, Beane, who is an avid supporter of Tottenham Hotspur of the English Premier League, began developing a system for objectively analyzing soccer players. He has agreed to help the Earthquakes front office develop a method for building a cost-effective team, as the salary cap in MLS is even more restrictive than the A's small-market status in Major League Baseball.

Back