• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Naughton has done very well and appears to be growing by each game. I assumed it was a given BAE would waltz straight back into the starting XI, but not so sure now?

well I'd hope he gets at left back as he's the best we have and Naughton takes that liability Walkers place.

@BenPearceSpurs: #thfc AVB says Assou-Ekotto "will be in contention from the Coventry game onwards or the Reading game onwards."

I ran into BAE in Canary Wharf the other day on my way home from work, he was sitting down outside Starbucks underneath the DLR station. He said to me he would be back for the Coventry game, same as what AVB said here... will try and work out how to upload piccy!!

Chatted to him for a few minutes - top fella tbf, easily one of the nicest footballers I've met!!

Done.... as I said, Benny's a top boy!

20121227181610.jpg

He's been inconsistent, but that's because he started off poorly. He's now getting a run of games and has been getting better and better, its not his natural position so needs time to adapt plus being a right footer when Dempsey plays on the left its harder for him as Dempsey is right footed too whereas when Bale in the left it is easier for him and the balance on the left is better. I also question whether BAE is in fact a better player than Naughton....

How good do you think Naughton was last season playing in his favoured right back position?

Would you agree that Ekotto is at least among the best 4-5 left backs in the league?

How good do you think Naughton was last season playing in his favoured right back position?

Would you agree that Ekotto is at least among the best 4-5 left backs in the league?

I thought he played very well for Norwich, but I find a loan spell hard to judge as sometimes players look better in lesser teams than they actually are.

I really rate Ekotto,maybe I'm being a tad harsh on him but with an extended run in the side I could see myself trusting Naughton more than I do Ekotto. I wasn't saying Naughton's a better player but maybe there's not too much in it and he has a lot more improving that he can do than BAE....

I thought he played very well for Norwich, but I find a loan spell hard to judge as sometimes players look better in lesser teams than they actually are.

I really rate Ekotto,maybe I'm being a tad harsh on him but with an extended run in the side I could see myself trusting Naughton more than I do Ekotto. I wasn't saying Naughton's a better player but maybe there's not too much in it and he has a lot more improving that he can do than BAE....

Ekotto would look fudging amazing in that Norwich side. Clubs like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Stoke etc (EL candidates in recent years) would be standing in line to sign him if he was available after a year at Norwich and quite possibly a couple of CL candidates as well.

I don't think that was the case with Naughton.

Don't get me wrong, Naughton seems like a promising player and I'm very happy we have him around as cover for both full backs. He's just not anywhere near Ekotto's level at this point in time.

well I'd hope he gets at left back as he's the best we have and Naughton takes that liability Walkers place.

Agreed. Walker has not been in good form for many months and perhaps some competition / a rest might do him some good.

It is mine. Another thread got merged into it.

My thread: Official Benoit Thread (15th January 2012, 17:27)
Merged thread: May as well start with something positive (BAE goal) - (Created on the 14th January 2012, 00:11)

I think even your brain can work out which one is the "Official Benoit thread" from the descriptions.

Apology accepted

Merged thread: May as well start with something positive (BAE goal) - (Created on the 14th January 2012, 00:11)

I think even your brain can work out which one is the "Official Benoit thread" from the descriptions.

Apology accepted

My preeeecioooouusss!

Apology accepted

No, my brain just doesn't work as well as other brains. Please explain again, but don't use too many big words this time.

Back