• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Hahaha just so cool. Possibly the most laid back footballer ever?

On a serious note I thought he played well yesterday, I definitely think he makes a difference to the way we play. I think we should play Benny, Vertonghen, Caulker and Naughton personally.

Hahaha just so cool. Possibly the most laid back footballer ever?

On a serious note I thought he played well yesterday, I definitely think he makes a difference to the way we play. I think we should play Benny, Vertonghen, Caulker and Naughton personally.

In Kaboul's absence? Or would you stick to Caulker even when Kaboul is fit?

Proper player supporting Bale? Sorry but ekotto has never been the root cause of Bales effectiveness, certainly not more so than Vertonghen. One of those coincidences people label as fact, with no actual grounding in football

Not the root cause no, but he certainly helps in the same way Corluka used to help with Lennon.

Vertonghen is good going forwards yes, but against the better teams you have to have full backs who are more defensively minded, which is where vertonghen falls away.

Proper player supporting Bale? Sorry but ekotto has never been the root cause of Bales effectiveness, certainly not more so than Vertonghen. One of those coincidences people label as fact, with no actual grounding in football

watch and learn ... now that BAE is back to show us all what we have all been missing.... the through balls, the 1-2s, and the overlaps with Bale. They use to do this for fun throughout the match.

I always thought Ekotto was one of our best passers. He's able to pass the ball with the right amount of power straight at our strikers (last season it was Ade) and then a first time pass from Ade to say someone like Dempsey and then Ade is on the run round the defender, it's something we've missed.

Also, his diagonal balls to Lennon, damn!

I always thought Ekotto was one of our best passers. He's able to pass the ball with the right amount of power straight at our strikers (last season it was Ade) and then a first time pass from Ade to say someone like Dempsey and then Ade is on the run round the defender, it's something we've missed.

Also, his diagonal balls to Lennon, damn!

I agree fully. And you forgot the over the top balls to Bale, some beauties in there although with all the attention Bale (rightly) got opponents became very aware of the threat into that spaced and pretty much just dropped off every time to close that space.

Last season Ekotto was second in average passes per game, only behind Modric, about even with Parker. Not as high completion rate as those two, but he had a much more adventurous passing style than Parker imo.

Edit: Having him and Vertonghen in the same backline will be great for our buildup play I think.

watch and learn ... now that BAE is back to show us all what we have all been missing.... the through balls, the 1-2s, and the overlaps with Bale. They use to do this for fun throughout the match.

Your right if BAE hadve been in the team all this time we'd easily be in the hunt for top 3/4.....oh wait...

What is your point?

My point is that despite BAE being a good left back we've coped just fine without him. This shows that we haven't particularly missed him and that metal gears comment 'Now he'd back he will show us all what we've been missing' isn't very accurate.

My point is that despite BAE being a good left back we've coped just fine without him. This shows that we haven't particularly missed him and that metal gears comment 'Now he'd back he will show us all what we've been missing' isn't very accurate.

The number of goals we have conceded this season shows that something has been missing at the back.

That makes no sense to me. Just because we have done well without him doesn't mean that we couldn't have done better with him.

Also, I don't think anyone is arguing that he is our best player, or even one of our best 2-3 players. Any team in our position should "cope fine" with a player that isn't a key player to them missing.

That makes no sense to me. Just because we have done well without him doesn't mean that we couldn't have done better with him.

Also, I don't think anyone is arguing that he is our best player, or even one of our best 2-3 players. Any team in our position should "cope fine" with a player that isn't a key player to them missing.

Exactly therefore we haven't been 'missing' anything. That was my point that you questioned and I've answered it.

Back