• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Interesting,whether there's something in these Ekotto exit rumours or not Danny Rose has been in excellent form at Sunderland.

Can see this place going into meltdown if BAE is sold and replaced with Rose...

A_JpauqCcAEIs4u.jpg:large

Benny says "High!"

Sorry, I mean "Hi!"

So Benoit again today...anybody know why? Is he set to come back against Reading?
ANY clue from his Twitter account??

<<I refuse to even contemplate such vicious rumours of him being sold>>

is-your-head-in-the-sand.jpg

Looks like he's a goner :(

I think he's been dropped rather than not being fit for selection.

Otherwise I don't think he would impress anyone with photos of ice skating when he isn't fit to be picked for work by his employer.

I could be wrong but my judgment is based on the minimal evidence that we have.

Looks like he's a goner :(

I think he's been dropped rather than not being fit for selection.

Otherwise I don't think he would impress anyone with photos of ice skating when he isn't fit to be picked for work by his employer.

I could be wrong but my judgment is based on the minimal evidence that we have.

But where is he going to be sold?? How long has he left on his contract? Doesn't make sensen to sell now, perhaps in the summer, but not now...

Why would AVB have been talking about him returning from injury earlier on if he just wanted to keep him out until the window and then get rid?

We've been getting very little information about injuries so far under AVB, leading to speculations about Ade refusing to play in the EL only for that to be seen as flimflam later on. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and I see no reasons to believe in the current speculations at this point.

Going ice skating casually is quite different from playing competitive football.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto

The sun is with us this morning!!!! Hey hey !!!! GOOD LOL i prepar my com bk in couples of day...LOL

The sun is with us this morning!!!! Hey hey !!!! GOOD LOL i prepar my com bk in couples of day...LOL

Clearly locked in a deep disagreement with AVB that will end his Spurs career and see us bring in Ben Tatcher to replace him...

Seeing as his comeback has been happening for longer than it ought to, we will see what happens. As he is one of my favourite players at the club, I really hope that my prognosis is wrong but it must seem odd to people that he's ice skating when he isn't able to even be on the substitutes bench? Still, I guess his tweet indicates that he will play some part in the Reading game and so we will soon know how this situation is likely to play out. If he doesn't feature v Reading then question marks still hang in the air.

Seeing as his comeback has been happening for longer than it ought to, we will see what happens. As he is one of my favourite players at the club, I really hope that my prognosis is wrong but it must seem odd to people that he's ice skating when he isn't able to even be on the substitutes bench? Still, I guess his tweet indicates that he will play some part in the Reading game and so we will soon know how this situation is likely to play out. If he doesn't feature v Reading then question marks still hang in the air.

Its not really odd at all tbf, he has been out for a long time and needs to make up his fitness.

Well he's allowed to move clubs in a couple of days. Could be the start of his come back.
Hope not though.

Naughton has done very well and appears to be growing by each game. I assumed it was a given BAE would waltz straight back into the starting XI, but not so sure now?

@BenPearceSpurs: #thfc AVB says Assou-Ekotto "will be in contention from the Coventry game onwards or the Reading game onwards."

Naughton has done very well and appears to be growing by each game. I assumed it was a given BAE would waltz straight back into the starting XI, but not so sure now?

he'll have to work his way in to the side like most of our players have to do under Villa Boas.

@BenPearceSpurs: #thfc AVB says Assou-Ekotto "will be in contention from the Coventry game onwards or the Reading game onwards."

Will this be enough to end the speculations?

Naughton has done well recently, but he's been inconsistent this season. Of course BAE will have to perform to get and keep his place, but he's a much better player than Naughton and will have his place back soon if he gets back to his standard performances.

Will this be enough to end the speculations?

Naughton has done well recently, but he's been inconsistent this season. Of course BAE will have to perform to get and keep his place, but he's a much better player than Naughton and will have his place back soon if he gets back to his standard performances.

He's been inconsistent, but that's because he started off poorly. He's now getting a run of games and has been getting better and better, its not his natural position so needs time to adapt plus being a right footer when Dempsey plays on the left its harder for him as Dempsey is right footed too whereas when Bale in the left it is easier for him and the balance on the left is better. I also question whether BAE is in fact a better player than Naughton....

Back