• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Nah. Saying Andre Santos and Taye Taiwo are better is.

That's wasn't the point of that discussion - you have taken random names from a sentence and assumed something to suit the agenda. The argument was completely different to what you have suggested above

Ekotto didn't know King would be stupid and commit a foul in the box. It's Ekotto's job to defend and he defended. He got the ball away, it's not his fault or error that cost us the point. Singling him out would be idiotic.

Singling out no. Realising he made a school boy error would be nice.

Cole and Evra are not worth debating over although the latter had a patchy season, imv - getting on a bit perhaps. The obvious choice for me would be Baines (although he appears to have sailed past if the Utd rumours are true - good enough for Manchester Utd - not good enough for the mighty Spurs according to some though.). Enrique is another consistent performer although I'm not entirely convinced of his passing versatility. Kolarov was another player allegedly looking for more regular game time. These are just a few 'local' names.

However - when the time comes through (and it sure will) - I hope we look beyond the Prem as that choice appears considerably limited and often over-priced

Yeah I'd agree with those names Arc. I think Enrique may offer more direct attacking options, but Benny can and has been known to pick a peach of a cross/pass out when required.

I think there are few better/more consistent that him in the Prem, so if we did choose to improve then it would need to be abroad/young potential.

Benny fits in our system and knows our team, far less priorities for me on the upgrade front, even if ti means he walks away at end of his contract.

The preseason games so far, it's been noticeable how much better we look with Benny on the field, both as a defensive unit, as well as releasing Bale.

Benny fits in our system and knows our team, far less priorities for me on the upgrade front, even if ti means he walks away at end of his contract.

The preseason games so far, it's been noticeable how much better we look with Benny on the field, both as a defensive unit, as well as releasing Bale.

This totally.

Well, he hardly has a any comptetion for his place, tbh - i.e. what are we measuring him against - Rose and Bassong?

Last edited:
Well, he hardly has a any comptetion for his place, tbh - i.e. what are we measuring him against - Rose and Bassong?

For me Rose went backwards last season. At the end of the previous season he had a number of superb games at left back, but I saw little of that potential last season. I think he needs to go on loan to another prem club to learn his trade, so to speak. Naughton, Bale or Vert can cover for Benny if need be.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto

Day finish! Straight to home ! Eat, then on sofa afront my. TV as a lAZY man loooooool

Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto

Friday! Time to go to tottenham...( Hair) LOL i ll. Shave my hair then i ll can sleep every friday afternoon LOL

The End of BAE?

How many of you would have him in our starting 11 once fit?

We have Vertonghen who's been superb at LB and racked up consecutive MotM awards (player of the month). Naughton did reasonably well himself and could offer cover. I also have a sneaky feeling AVB might pull one off his sleeve for a fellow 'under-used' compatriot at Read Madrid, now that our partnership is in place but that's a spearate debate alltogether.

Caulker has shown signs of potential and could have a very strong season ahead of him, given the opportunities - much like Livermore did last year. Would be unfair to drop him based on form alone.

But besides all that - BAE will be 29 soon.

Would anyone take a decent offer in January if it came through? Realistically he could offer good experience to the likes of Reading and Southampton and would fit in really well into Swansea's passing game.

Last edited:
Just because you don't find a topic interesting or falls in line with your ethos does not mean others wouldn't.

That is exactly why many are complaining about the current board dynamic. fudging joke.

Back