• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Benny is not going to be playing, so it doesn't really matter. I would think it most likely that the papers are just stringing out the Ashley Cole.

Whoops, my bad. I thought he was back for the game. In that it's possibly even worse, as Cole would probabaly want to have an even better game to show eveyone at Chelski 'who's bodd at LB'...

Ah well, Azza will no doubt tear him a new one anyway (or Bale will get Ivanovic sent off for two yellows..)

This thread is going off topic

Might I remind you all to read the first post

Failure to observe the rules will result in violent infractions

I doubt they would opt to replace Cole with someone who's entering the home straight himself soon, unless they're looking for a short-term solution. If anything I'd image either Perreira or Coentrao would be on the radar sooner or later.

Having said that - is they're indeed willing to offer 10m for him we should definitely consider it (much like the alleged 9m for Dawson) and seek to re-invest into younger talent (Baines would probably be too expensive for Levy with little re-sale) - i.e. Aly Cissokho, Criscito, Ansaldi, etc.

It's great that we now have some real competition for the left-back slot or cover for when Benny is injured, suspended or away on international duty.

I'd still have Benny as our first-choice left-back, as I feel Vertonghen is of more use to us in the centre of the defence.

But isn't it fantastic that we have so many options for every position on the park?

This site man. All this years of loyalty and performing at a very high level yet people get caught up with the new shiny toy (vertonghen) and now claim we're in a position to sell BAE.

Absolutely this. Benny, the mercenary with allegedly no loyalty, has been here for roughly six years now. Three of which have been spent performing superbly well and becoming a fan favorite.
But he gets one injury and suddenly he's disposable because SuperJan's doing so well in is spot?

There's a reason people are writing stories about him allegedly being lined up to replace Cole. He's one of the best in the league, and letting him go will hurt us very quickly.

And, as a concluding statement on the matter, for a mercenary with no loyalty, he's shown a surprising amount of interest in the lives of people living in Tottenham. See his reaction to the riots and his admission that he gets his hair cut locally because by and large the residents are great people.

BAE is one of our most likeable and effective players. We just don't realize it yet because of our desire to throw away the old when something new pops up.

Absolutely this. Benny, the mercenary with allegedly no loyalty, has been here for roughly six years now. Three of which have been spent performing superbly well and becoming a fan favorite.
But he gets one injury and suddenly he's disposable because SuperJan's doing so well in is spot?

There's a reason people are writing stories about him allegedly being lined up to replace Cole. He's one of the best in the league, and letting him go will hurt us very quickly.

And, as a concluding statement on the matter, for a mercenary with no loyalty, he's shown a surprising amount of interest in the lives of people living in Tottenham. See his reaction to the riots and his admission that he gets his hair cut locally because by and large the residents are great people.

BAE is one of our most likeable and effective players. We just don't realize it yet because of our desire to throw away the old when something new pops up.

=D>

Aside from which, imagine having Benny, Verts, Kaboul/Caulker and Walker...what a fit and fast back line!

Spot on

Based on this logic we should never sell any player ever again because they had a few decent games therefore we should be eternally grateful. Last time I checked they're were employed and paid well to peform this task. Play well and keep your position - simples for me. The fans always appreciate good performers.

For better or worse this has become a targets-driven business - if a better unit comes in, the old one is replaced and the cycles continues. No place for sentiment here or picking the 'most likeable' XI on matchday. Personally, I want the best player for each position on the field - not the 'coolest cat'.

And many here taking the moral high-ground on BAE have thrown in much bigger stones at players who've achieved arguably even more - i.e. Robbie Keane (despicable abuse at the time for a player who scored a century of goals for us), Luka Modric, etc.

Last edited:

You sir, get a Bale finger heart.

Based on this logic we should never sell any player ever again because they had a few decent games therefore we should be eternally grateful. Last time I checked they're were employed and paid well to peform this task. Play well and keep your position - simples for me. The fans always appreciate good performers.

For better or worse this has become a targets-driven business - if a better unit comes in, the old one is replaced and the cycles continues. No place for sentiment here or picking the 'most likeable' XI on matchday. Personally, I want the best player for each position on the field - not the 'coolest cat'.

And many taking the moral ground here on BAE have thrown in much bigger stones at players who've achieved arguably even more - i.e. Robbie Keane (despicable abuse at the time for a player who scored a century of goals for us), Luka Modric, etc.

superb post.

It's not really because of who posted it. Not sure how someone can give us moralistic tripe when all he does is slag said player off constantly in an attempt to point score on a internet message board.

It's not really because of who posted it. Not sure how someone can give us moralistic tripe when all he does is slag said player off constantly in an attempt to point score on a internet message board.

what post are you referring to ?

Offering objective / constructive criticism on a player's performance and pointing out flaws in their game where improvement is possible is not point-scoring - do you honestly think I care who has 'points' over me here? I have far bigger priorities in my daily doings to sit and worry about that brick.

Some prefer to call it 'debate and discussion' - i.e. 'Hey, Rossi - yesterday I thought Player X looked poor and cost us a few times at the back, what do you say? I think he needs to up is concentration for 90 mins solid.'

Problem is, as soon as a fan favourite is 'questioned' - a swarm of disciples decend down upon him and commence hurling abuse and ridicule. And to top it all off - most of these righteous brothers perform exactly the same 'analysis' of rejected/less popular players such as Dawson, Huddlestone, Gomes, Livermore, Bentley, etc. themselves.

Delicious ironing, my yellow friend.

Last edited:
Back