• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

I love the way he comes out and blames the fact he didnt get supported in the transfer market hahahahahaahahah yeh ok then

Bell end of a bloke

Possibly or more likely someone will come in with a totally different idea about what they want and make a ton of multi million pound signings that will need more time to bed in and add to all the egos that like to ruck with eachother. Pellegrini is obviously a decent manager but I don't think that appointing a manager that has zero command of English is a good idea, especially at a club full of all those personalities and expectations.

There is always a risk, both when hiring a new manager and with keeping someone around. Probably a bit more of a risk with bringing in a new one.

Pellegrini has been successful with 3 different clubs in Spain, playing different systems and showing along the way that he can come in and set up a team of stars to function together.

To me it seems much more likely that they will improve under him than that they will fail. But, of course, no guarantees.

They didn't care to elaborate on this, then? Sounds like a reasonable paraphrase might be, "Didn't win the Prem and CL double, so he's out." They're as ridiculous as fudging Chelsea.

Chelsea? No. Abramovich would have gotten rid after his first season when he missed out on CL football. Or he would have gotten rid after the second season. Or he would have sacked him earlier this season when they were knocked out of the CL in the group stages again and were 12+ points behind Manu.

I love the way he comes out and blames the fact he didnt get supported in the transfer market hahahahahaahahah yeh ok then

Bell end of a bloke

I'd say he is just lashing out really. He really isn't that stupid to truly think that he got no support in the transfer market considering he has spent the GDP of a small country.

Monaco bound if I was to guess.

Disgrace of a sacking, this is a prime example of the bastard british media witch-hunt to get him sacked. They planted the seed, watched it grow, watered it continuously then let City do the rest. fudging disgrace. Yes he should have won more, but how the fudge do you do your job properly when some fudging taco at one end of an interview continuously asks about your job. I really hope those scummy tacos get Karma.

Disgrace of a sacking, this is a prime example of the bastard british media witch-hunt to get him sacked. They planted the seed, watched it grow, watered it continuously then let City do the rest. fudging disgrace. Yes he should have won more, but how the fudge do you do your job properly when some fudging taco at one end of an interview continuously asks about your job. I really hope those scummy tacos get Karma.

heard on the radio today that it was in fact City leaking info to the press, constant press briefings, which destabilised Mankini's position in the last year. Even the day before the Fa cup final, City's media director or whatever her fcuking title is, quietly informed the press that it was to be Mankini's last game.

its just unbelievable.

Alan Pardew has put Saudi Sportswashing Machine's indifferent form this season down to "misfortune", with the manager insistent that his team should be praised for avoiding relegation from the Premier League.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine's safety was secured on Sunday with a 2-1 win at Queens Park Rangers. There have been rumblings of discontent around St James' Park, though, that Pardew's men ended up in a fight for survival at all.

The manager believes special circumstances contributed to that scenario. "Our season has been difficult, but we have come through it," Pardew said.

"I don't care what anybody says, getting over the line with some of the misfortune we have had is an achievement.

"We have had three cruciate injuries and no other club has had that. We missed key players at QPR – Sissoko, Shola Ameobi, Tim Krul and Davide Santon.

"All year we have had that, but we still got over the line. That is the main thing."

Pardew's position is not believed to be under threat but the 51-year-old will hold scheduled talks with the Saudi Sportswashing Machine owner Mike Ashley next week. Recruitment plans for next season will feature prominently on the agenda as will the futures of existing Saudi Sportswashing Machine players; Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Fabricio Coloccini have all been heavily linked with moves away from the north-east.

Before his meeting with Ashley, Pardew takes Saudi Sportswashing Machine into their final game of the season, against Arsenal. Pardew has backpedalled after claiming that he would not care if Saudi Sportswashing Machine lost that game 4-0.

"Our fans can turn up and enjoy it," Pardew added. "I hope they come in fancy dress and enjoy it. Regardless of the score, thank GHod we are here next year in the greatest league in the world.

"I know people will have picked up on my comments about not caring about the result against Arsenal, which were, of course, meant as a joke."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/14/alan-pardew-Saudi Sportswashing Machine

interesting thing about Pellegrini is that he likes to play a 4-4-2 type system, with inverted wide players, pure pass and move football, an il be very curious to see if its successful here and whether others will go copy him and we finally go away from the 1 up front flimflame

Mate, no offense, but City/Cheat$ki/Real/PSG will all be the same, you don't get paid boatloads of cash, get to spend a billion dollars on players, for second place.

City has the best squad in the PL, to finish with nothing is unacceptable, I actually agree with his dismissal. He's had a few years to build his team, to be so far off the pace and lose the FA Cup final just isn't good enough.

interesting thing about Pellegrini is that he likes to play a 4-4-2 type system, with inverted wide players, pure pass and move football, an il be very curious to see if its successful here and whether others will go copy him and we finally go away from the 1 up front flimflame

I think Pallegrini is quite flexible, his team with Riquelme as it's hub at Villareal wasn't a 4-4-2 by my memory. And did he play a 4-4-2 at Real? I can't remember that he did. Higuain and Benzema were their main strikers back then as well, right? According to whoscore they started 28 and 14 games respectively. Who started as a striker to make up that second striker for them to make their formation a 4-4-2?

1 up front isn't flimflame just because you don't like it. And I doubt Pellegrini is going to change that.

I saw an interview with Graham Hunter on Sky two days ago which said despite the rumours, Pellegrini most definitely cannot speak English.

There are different definitions of "speak English" though.

[video=youtube;X-xtSjaPRJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-xtSjaPRJg[/video]

I think the video gives a decent impression of his limitations.

Dave Whelan: "Roberto has been a fantastic manager for Wigan and I hope he will continue to be a fantastic manager for Wigan for at least two or three years to come.

"I have always said that if he wants to leave he can just say so and I will release him immediately.

"I just think that Roberto, when he goes to a big club, that I was thinking of a big European club.

"Everton are a great club by the way and if he chose to go to Everton I am sure their supporters would be delighted.

"Personally I have nothing against Everton. I love that club. Everything about them is top class and if he went there I would wish him the best of luck, but I just think he will go to a bigger club than Everton."

What bigger clubs than Everton would go for Martinez? Certainly none in the PL and I don't see too many possibilities in Spain or Italy either, considering that they have to be bigger than Everton.

Everton chairman thinks Duncan Ferguson would be the perfect replacement.

yeah his name has come from nowhere. I know he's been working there for over a year on his pro licence, but still to get the Everton with so little experience would be a big risk for Everton

plus i wonder if he is still a nutter

yeah his name has come from nowhere. I know he's been working there for over a year on his pro licence, but still to get the Everton with so little experience would be a big risk for Everton

plus i wonder if he is still a nutter

Moyes was considered a bit of a nutter when still at Preston. Got into a fight with one of his player when out on the town I think.

Moyes was considered a bit of a nutter when still at Preston. Got into a fight with one of his player when out on the town I think.

but im sure you acknowledge that Ferguson takes being a nutter onto a different level;)

I think the change of manager will do a lot of good for Everton. Their progress have stalled under Moyes since qualifying for CL in 2005. It has been a long time since then and that was their only achievement under Moyes. Everton used to be a part of the original "big 4" clubs before the emergence of Chelsea and ManCity. And they won 2 league titles as recent as the 1980s. It is strange why they lack a real ambition to fight for league title nowadays.

Last edited:
I think the change of manager will do a lot of good for Everton. Their progress have stalled under Moyes since qualifying for CL in 2005. It has been a long time since then and that was their only achievement under Moyes. Everton used to be a part of the original "big 4" clubs before the emergence of Chelsea and ManCity. And they won 2 league titles as recent as the 1980s. It is strange why they lack a real ambition to fight for league title nowadays.

Sorry mate, no chance. The original "Big 4" was the "Big 5". Us, The Bindippers, Man U, The Scum and Everton. That was in the 80s. Chelsea and City emerged almost 20 years after that.

Everton were much worse than us in the 90s and early 00s and we were terrible. They were fighting relegation half of the time and doing little else the rest of the time (1995 aside). They were floundering until Moyes came in. He made them a very solid, upper mid-table team who sometimes threatened the top 4.

I don't know if they lack ambition as much as they just don't have the money. Moyes is a massive, massive loss and I'm not someone who thinks he'll do well at United. He suited Everton though.

If any Everton fans are of the same opinion as you, this time next season they will be begging for that "stalled progress".

Agreed Deano, seems to me much more likely that Everton will drop down the table rather than challenge at a higher level without Moyes.

They really depend on getting in a new good manager to keep themselves where they have been.

Back