• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

Roberto Mancini sacked as Emirates Marketing Project manager

Roberto Mancini has been sacked as Emirates Marketing Project manager after three-and-a-half years at the helm.

A club statement said he "had failed to achieve any of the club's stated targets this year, with the exception of qualification for next season's Champions League".

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: "Roberto's record speaks for itself, he secured the love and respect of fans.

Assistant manager Brian Kidd will take interim responsibility for the remaining two games of the season and the summer tour to the United States.

Emirates Marketing Project added that the decision "is the outcome of a planned end of season review process that has been brought forward in light of recent speculation".

The 48-year-old Italian replaced Mark Hughes in December 2009, winning the FA Cup in 2011 and City's first top-flight league title for 44 years in 2012.

But this term, City are a distant second to champions Manchester United, went out in the Champions League group stages and lost the FA Cup final to Wigan.

Manuel Pellegrini, Malaga's Chilean coach, is favourite to succeed Mancini.

However, on Sunday night the 59-year-old, who spent one season in charge at Real Madrid in 2009-10, insisted he was not about to become the new City boss.

"I deny here and now being the new coach of Emirates Marketing Project, I haven't signed any agreement with anybody," he said after Malaga's goalless Primera Division draw with Sevilla.

:ross:

Not even going to let him see out the final two games of the season?..

Classy.

Only this.

Can't believe we aren't going to be able to give him a proper send-off. Expect loud pro-Mancini chants against Norwich on the last day.

Well, as loud as it can get at Eastlands. Which isn't that much I suppose, but my point remains.

Poor Roberto. Wait, what?

On 9 July 2012 Emirates Marketing Project announced that Roberto Mancini had signed a new 5-year deal, meaning that he is contracted with the club until summer 2017.

This must be some sort of 'Long Term' plan that nobody quite understands yet.

Pellegrini far from done deal apparently and he's far from fluent in English, unlike what some reports claim.

Only this.

Can't believe we aren't going to be able to give him a proper send-off. Expect loud pro-Mancini chants against Norwich on the last day.

Well, as loud as it can get at Eastlands. Which isn't that much I suppose, but my point remains.

You lot trying to copy everything Chelsea do? :lol:

Transitions seasons all around then. Fantastic news.

Christ yes.

The top 3, and Everton, all in turmoil?

If only Arse sack Wenger now...........I guess we can expect Pool to self-implode anyway.

The title is ours boys. \o/

Christ yes.

The top 3, and Everton, all in turmoil?

If only Arse sack Wenger now...........I guess we can expect Pool to self-implode anyway.

The title is ours boys. \o/

arseanal have got their finances in order and will be buying big, but still its going to take have a season for and effective transition.
pool can only get better as rodgers beds in their proper football playing technique with a new generation who are already in the first eleven
but chelsea, man u, Emirates Marketing Project and even everton facing uncertain times.

we're looking good with just two or three more quality additions

You lot trying to copy everything Chelsea do? :lol:

Pro-Mancini. Not anti-establishment. Vast difference. I understand the decision, it's just the way it's been handled. Pretty much identical to Hughes' sacking then.

Attempt to rain on Uniteds parade.... or a good day to bury bad news ?

A year after "Aguerooooooooooo!"? I wouldn't have picked today to bury bad news.

arseanal have got their finances in order and will be buying big, but still its going to take have a season for and effective transition.
pool can only get better as rodgers beds in their proper football playing technique with a new generation who are already in the first eleven
but chelsea, man u, Emirates Marketing Project and even everton facing uncertain times.

we're looking good with just two or three more quality additions

I'm convinced.

Off to Paddy power now.................

Back