• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Another unproven (in the EPL) managerial candidate ? If anything, we should get an experienced one.

It'll be heartbreak all over again unless he gets time - yeah right.

This. We're saying the 7 signings need time to adjust, so we go and get a manager who needs to as well!?

I hope we get Frank De Boer.. will know exactly how to get the best out of Eriksen and will play attacking football. Might just keep Jan happy for a bit longer as well..

I heard de Boer and vets don't get on.
Something to do with a tattoo

Although they have said 'no contact between clubs' doesn't mean no contact from say an agent etc or other than a club. In any case it sounds like BS

If you define "success" as finishing in the top 4, then how many experienced PL managers have come into a new club and been successful? I can only really think of Benitez at Chelsea and Harry here.

They may be others but I wonder whether PL management experience is over-emphasised.

Re: New Manager Poll

Yeah but there is a diff - this Yakin guy isnt a fraud or a charlatan

That's more of an attack at AVB, than anything about Yakin, isn't it? You've already said that you don't know much about him. You are only judging Yakin off of the back of 2 games, not a great sample size.

That's more of an attack at AVB, than anything about Yakin, isn't it? You've already said that you don't know much about him. You are only judging Yakin off of the back of 2 games, not a great sample size.

They lost 2-5 on aggregate to Chelsea in the semi finals of the EL last season after knocking us out. It was a fairly even game in Switzerland, but David Luiz got a winner in the 94th minute (Chelsea spawny you say?). It wasn't until the second half at Stamford Bridge they cracked. Basel also knocked out Solskjær's Molde in the CL 3rd qualifying round that season, so advantage Yakin :)

This season they beat Chelsea both home and away, but failed to progress in the CL due to drawing both games with bottom team Steaua Bucuresti.

I'm thinking De Boer in the summer. Transplant the Ajax style of play on our club and into our academy.

Unfortunately the 'brains' of the operation is Denis Bergkamp. I can't see him coming here.
Also they haven't got of the Champion's league group stage since De Boer was there and they've failed miserably each time they were moved into the Europa League.

Barca play the Ajax style pretty much. Cryuff effectively duplicated the Ajax style and academy at La Masia and each subsequent manager tweaked it until you get what you see today.

Guardiola is widely accepted as adding the defensive nous to the Ajax template. A lot of it robbed from the Italians actually, 3-1 rule etc.

Didnt DeBoer and Bergkamp not go in there and rip everything up at Ajax youth and start again.
I admit i havent read Bergkamp's book but I've read a few article to that effect.

not to enamoured by any of the choices tbh.....but like someone said if Tim-meh can work with levy then maybe see where we are after six months and see what managers are available...

voted sherwood....if he can work effectively with Baldini & Levy then great......its also the backroom that compliment a manager and I want to see how the new trio get on.........no harm seeing how they do for a bit.... what about heynckes from Bayern last year...couldn't he offer something still.

I can see the pull of De Boer but am beginning to lose faith that the Ajax/Barca possesion game is effective in the epl in terms of winning the damn thing - sure the other lot play some nice stuff but they have been barren for a few years - with the Epl it seems the most sucessful teams in the prem era have won it by quick direct passing and pressing followed by a devestating counter attacking strategy when they are a few goals up.........I think De Boer would be as much of a gamble as Sherwood.

Unfortunately the 'brains' of the operation is Denis Bergkamp. I can't see him coming here.
Also they haven't got of the Champion's league group stage since De Boer was there and they've failed miserably each time they were moved into the Europa League.

Bring Hoddle into the frame and he might :D

Of the available options I chose Frank de Boer because he does look like the best fit on paper. But realistically it's always the luck of the draw as to whether a manager fits with the club... the players, the hierarchy and the fan expectations.

I'd also be happy to see a couple of the others get the job as a caretaker until summer if it meant we got a better long-term replacement for AVB. In particular, if we do have to wait until summer, I'd like to see Hoddle as interim manager. Yes there's the possibility of a Dalglish-type fiasco and that would be horrible. But football is about hope and glory... imagine what a rush it'd be for all us fans if Hoddle returned and it actually worked! Not saying I have high expectations of it happening, but isn't it worth the risk?

And as I say - only as a caretaker option, and only then if Levy is forced to wait until summer to bring in the man he wants. But with the understanding that if it all comes together, thumping the lesser sides 5-0 playing an attacking 3-5-2, while deploying flying wingers in a counter-attacking 4-5-1 against the bigger teams... and Hoddle finishes in the top two, that he gets a crack at the Champions League next season..

Again, I'm not saying I believe Hoddle will work this time around, I just don't think it's impossible. And if we have to wait six months anyway, then let's see if the dream can come true.

The one name not on the list, but jumps immediately to mind, is Jurgen Klinsmann. We'd definitely have to wait until after the World Cup to get him though. His international coaching record seems pretty decent, his players say he's great to work with, and he knows the club and the fan expectations. But would he want to come back to London? Apparently he's quite happy living in the States, and international management is a very different job to managing a team with ambitions on the premiership title. So there's no guarantees.

Interesting times though.

what the hell is De Boers problem with vets?????? did they neuter him instead of his staffy or something?????

or they put a tatoo on his dog during a routine check-up?

Basel also knocked out Solskjær's Molde in the CL 3rd qualifying round that season, so advantage Yakin :)

It was a close call though, as Molde would have progressed if it weren't for a missed penalty kick in the last minute.
Basel didn't look anywhere near the side that faced Chelsea and Spurs later on.
What concern me a bit about Yakin and his Basel is that they aren't as dominating in the swiss league as you'd think,
do wonder if their performance against english teams might be a mix of them raising their game and the Premier League teams underestimate them.
As AVB learned this season, teams park the bus against Spurs at White Hart Lane - even Arsenal did.
There's no opportunity to surprise opponents and hit them on the break the way teams play us these days.

Yakin has impressed me the few times I've seen his side, also had a lot of respect for him as a player.

Wouldn't want Sherwood and Solskjaer because they're unproven. Neither would I want Hoddle because he's been out of the game for too long and wasn't a succes the last time he was here.
Capello is a great manager but I think it will be even more boring football than under AVB and I really miss the amazing football we occasionally experienced under Redknapp.
Don't know enough about Yakin, Favre and Spalletti to pass judgement on them.
Bielsa is a big risk IMO, either it will be amazing or a disaster.
That leaves me with Laudrup and De Boer. Having followed Laudrup's career a lot, I'm not totally sold on him. It's also very unlikely he'll leave Swansea in the middle of the season.

Too bad Everton snapped up Martinez which would've been my preferred choice.

Back