• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
If you're thinking of Uwe Rösler, he's done so well at Brentford he's now at Wigan. He wanted to start at a lower league club to build up his reputation, despite having managed several Norwegian clubs relatively successfully.

Yeah, that's the way to do it.

I would just feel uneasy with someone that hasn't managed in a major league before or very much in Europe.

Re: New Manager Poll

Didnt DeBoer and Bergkamp not go in there and rip everything up at Ajax youth and start again.
I admit i havent read Bergkamp's book but I've read a few article to that effect.

I did read a little about this but I thought this was more along the lines of bringing the club back to its original footballing ideology. It had lost its way somewhat and De Boer and his cronies were tasked with reintroducing Michels total football vision but with a modern slant. Hey I don't know actually means as I haven't watched them that much but if it involves lots of short passing and moving them I'm all for it.

Some might groan and the talk of another system but I still think that is the way for a club like ours to progress. AVB's problem was that system was the be all and end all instead of a platform to work off.

Last edited:
If you define "success" as finishing in the top 4, then how many experienced PL managers have come into a new club and been successful? I can only really think of Benitez at Chelsea and Harry here.

They may be others but I wonder whether PL management experience is over-emphasised.

The question is how many PL experienced managers are there anyway that aren't currently employed at big clubs?

The question is how many PL experienced managers are there anyway that aren't currently employed at big clubs?

DEH DEH DEH I GIVE YOU!!!!!!!! DRUMROLL..................................

in my x factor voice..........

ALAN CURBISHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oo eeer

Yeah, that's the way to do it.

I would just feel uneasy with someone that hasn't managed in a major league before or very much in Europe.

Brian Deane has just started his managerial career in Norway, narrowly avoiding relegation this season with Sarpsborg through a playoff. They're the only semi professional club in the top flight IIRC.

Ian Holloway
Alan Curbishley
Glenn Hoddle
Graeme Souness
Alan Shearer
Tony Mowbray
Paul Jewell
Glenn Roeder
Neil Warnock
Dave Jones
Gary Megson
Stuart Pearce
Bryan Robson
Steve Clarke
George Burley
Alex McLeish
Iain Dowie

Then there are the likes of Zola, Vialli, Gullit, Di Matteo etc.

Ian Holloway
Alan Curbishley
Glenn Hoddle
Graeme Souness
Alan Shearer
Tony Mowbray
Paul Jewell
Glenn Roeder
Neil Warnock
Dave Jones
Gary Megson
Stuart Pearce
Bryan Robson
Steve Clarke
George Burley
Alex McLeish
Iain Dowie

Wow, what a load of rubbish. Wouldn't take any of them, other than perhaps Hoddle as a panicked interim in January if Sherwood loses 6 on the bounce. Zola I like and despite recent failures I think would have something to offer, but certainly not as head coach.

Ian Holloway
Alan Curbishley
Glenn Hoddle
Graeme Souness
Alan Shearer
Tony Mowbray
Paul Jewell
Glenn Roeder
Neil Warnock
Dave Jones
Gary Megson
Stuart Pearce
Bryan Robson
Steve Clarke
George Burley
Alex McLeish
Iain Dowie

I think the guy before should have said 'The question is how many decent PL experienced managers are there anyway that aren't currently employed at big clubs?'

This club has had two good managers promoted from the coaching staff Bill Nicholson and Keith Burkenshaw and neither were expected to get the job, hopefully Sherwood can do the same. Sure I know there has been Shreeves and Livermore as well but I like to be positive (a mortal sin here).

wouldnt you just love the reaction on here if we appointed Gary Megson though?????? oh it would be just charmont!!!!

These are the trophy winners since the start of the Premier League:

Premier League Titles

Sir Alex Ferguson-Scotland 13
Arsene Wenger-France 3
Jose Mourinho-Portugal 2
Kenny Dalglish-Scotland 1
Carlo Ancelotti-Italy-1
Roberto Mancini-Italy-1

FA Cups

Alex Ferguson-Scotland-4
Arsene Wenger France-4
Gianluca Vialli-Italy 1
Carlo Ancelotti-Italy-1
Roberto Di Matteo-Italy-1
Roberto Mancini-Italy-1
George Graham-Scotland-1
Gerard Houllier-France-1
Joe Royle-England-1
Harry Redknapp-England-1
Ruud Gullit-Holland-1
Guus Hiddink-Holland-1
Jose Mourinho-Portugal-1
Rafael Benitez-Spain-1
Roberto Martinez-Spain-1

Football League Cups

Alex Ferguson-Scotland-3
George Graham-Scotland-2
Jose Mourinho-Portugal-2
Gerard Houllier-France-2
Martin O’Neill-Northern Ireland-2
Graeme Souness-Scotland-1
Alex McLeish-Scotland-1
Kenny Dalglish-Scotland-1
Ron Atkinson-England-1
Roy Evans-England-1
Brian Little-England-1
Steve McClaren-England-1
Gianluca Vialli-Italy-1
Juande Ramos-Spain-1
Michael Laudrup-Denmark-1

European Cups

Alex Ferguson-Scotland-2
George Graham-Scotland-1
Gianluca Vialli-Italy-1
Roberto Di Matteo-Italy-1
Gerard Houllier-France-1
Rafael Benitez-Spain-2
Bobby Robson-England-1(With Barcelona)

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/ian.stewart.palmer/181309/just-seven-english-managers-have-won-silverware-in-the-premier-league-era

ol Davide Ginola has said he wants to manage spurs.......can you imagine the level of female support we would get around the country!!!!!!!

mine wasnt a serious offering is yours:eek:

I honestly dont know whether Ginola has his badges or Ledders you tell me!

Sorry, I thought you meant Ginola wants to be the new Spurs manager. I think Ledley is working towards his, but honestly if given the choice, I'd rather Ledley than Ginola. I know King wasnt the biggest shouter, but the guy was passionate as hell about this club and he loves every last bit of it. The only problem is that I would NEVER want him to fail.

I did read a little about this but I thought this was more along the lines of bringing the club back to its original footballing ideology. It had lost its way somewhat and De Boer and his cronies were tasked with reintroducing Michels total football vision but with a modern slant. Hey I don't know actually means as I haven't watched them that much but if it involves lots of short passing and moving them I'm all for it.

Some might groan and the talk of another system but I still think that is the way for a club like ours to progress. AVB's problem was that system was the be all and end all instead of a platform to work off.

I really can't see De Boer wanting the job tbh. I'm sure he wants to have European success at Ajax. He rejected an interview with Liverpool when Rodgers got the job. He'd want to change the entire set up at the club from top to bottom like he has at Ajax. I can't see Levy agreeing to that. And I can't see him wanting to work under Levy.

Wouldn't want Sherwood and Solskjaer because they're unproven. Neither would I want Hoddle because he's been out of the game for too long and wasn't a succes the last time he was here.
Capello is a great manager but I think it will be even more boring football than under AVB and I really miss the amazing football we occasionally experienced under Redknapp.
Don't know enough about Yakin, Favre and Spalletti to pass judgement on them.
Bielsa is a big risk IMO, either it will be amazing or a disaster.
That leaves me with Laudrup and De Boer. Having followed Laudrup's career a lot, I'm not totally sold on him. It's also very unlikely he'll leave Swansea in the middle of the season.

Too bad Everton snapped up Martinez which would've been my preferred choice.

100% Martinez would have been a good choice. It's going to be tough to get a top man, but who ever it is they won't like him in Section 19 lower Paxton

Sorry, I thought you meant Ginola wants to be the new Spurs manager. I think Ledley is working towards his, but honestly if given the choice, I'd rather Ledley than Ginola. I know King wasnt the biggest shouter, but the guy was passionate as hell about this club and he loves every last bit of it. The only problem is that I would NEVER want him to fail.

me neither.......Ginola was on tsport this morning and when ol fat head asked him he said he would love to manage spurs!!!!!!!!! trouble is he is totally unproven.....dunno if he has his coaching badges and has zero experience!!!!!! so obviously he is perfect for the job......

you have to admit though the thought of us playing sexo es vida football with Ginola suited and booted looking debenaour on the touchline has a certain appeal no???

Back