• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Three titles in three years? Pretty good, if you ask me. Doesn't mean he'll be a success anywhere else, but he has delivered for Molde.

The thing about Solskjær, and I know this, since I've been following him since he was a promising teenager in the Norwegian third division, is that he adapts to higher levels very quickly - like he did when he transferred to Molde as a player. He immediately made an impact, scoring 31 goals in 38 games for the club, before being transferred to United about a year and a half later, where he scored 18 goals in his first season. Two years after he scored goals for fun in the Norwegian lower leagues, he helped United to the PL title.

Solskjær is determined, he's a winner, and he's constantly wanting to learn and to improve, both as a player and as a manager. He's always been that way. That's why I think he can go all the way to be a top, top manager one day - but whether he's good enough to take on the job in a big club like Spurs right now, I'm not sure. It would be a gamble, and it could be too soon for him. But he has bags of potential, IMO.

Two titles in a weak league with a team that should be winning everything really, they finished sixth most recently I believe..

Having thought about it:

1. De Boer
2. Spalletti
3. Yakin

Is my 1-2-3.

Agree, although I don't really know enough about any of them to really say. But from all the candidates mentioned, that's my preferred list too. Although very uncertain about a guy coming from Swiss football, I must admit.

The group of coaches I am least enthusiastic about are guys (mostly young) with only a couple of years success at one club that's done well. AVB would have fallen into that category, as would Yakin and Pochettino of the current contenders (as much as I respect what both those guys are doing). The danger of it being a flash-in-pan success is just too great.

Today it appears Capello is lengthening and de Boer coming in:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham/next-permanent-manager

The group of coaches I am least enthusiastic about are guys (mostly young) with only a couple of years success at one club that's done well. AVB would have fallen into that category, as would Yakin and Pochettino of the current contenders (as much as I respect what both those guys are doing). The danger of it being a flash-in-pan success is just too great.

Today it appears Capello is lengthening and de Boer coming in:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/tottenham/next-permanent-manager

Again, I submit for your consideration Lucien f*cking Favre. :p

Ginola wants to be the Spurs Chief.......and I must say he does have a great knowledge of the game. He,s definitely interested . I think Danny Levy should at the very least give him an interview.

Again, I submit for your consideration Lucien f*cking Favre. :p

Any idea why he's not on that Oddschecker list? Seems odd he's omitted.

Ginola wants to be the Spurs Chief.......and I must say he does have a great knowledge of the game. He,s definitely interested . I think Danny Levy should at the very least give him an interview.

There's more chance of Miley Cyrus being appointed.

Any idea why he's not on that Oddschecker list? Seems odd he's omitted.

Do't think anyone's seriously considering him here in England, he's too far from the awareness of the average self-appointed media cognoscenti and too understated a manager to blow his own trumpet like half the people on that list have done throughout their careers.

I don't get why no one is considering him seriously, though. He's literally tailor-made for our requirements, judging by his achievements, like finishing fourth with Gladbach in 2011/2012, a club very similar to our own (had their glory spell in the 70's, haven't won much since, known for plying pretty football at the expense of results, have an overbearing neighbor (Dortmund) for a rival, underachieved throughout the early 2000's) and, earlier back, finishing fourth with Hertha Berlin in 2008-2009 and breaking FC Zurich's 25 year barren spell to lift two cnsecutive titles and a Swiss Cup before that from 2003 to 2007.

He's tactically aware, he prefers attacking (sometimes counter-attacking) football, he has a track record of promoting and developing young players and he's both not too young and not too old, being an entirely comfortable-sounding 56, which sounds old enough to have mastered the fundamentals of football coaching and yet young enough to be our manager for five or even ten years if required.

Bring him in, Daniel.

Would be mad, in our current position, to bring in someone with no knowledge of the premiership.

Two titles in a weak league with a team that should be winning everything really, they finished sixth most recently I believe..

Two successive league titles with a club that had mustered two cup wins in 99 years of existence. At most they had the second best squad in the league, but he had a bit of luck with Erik Hamren leaving Rosenborg to take over Sweden. Before this season Molde lost several of their best players and took a while to get going, but they won the cup after beating long time nemesis Rosenborg in the final.

What really goes in his favour is the 11 years as a player and 3.5 years as reserve team manager at Manchester United. You won't find a better student of Alex Ferguson.

What really goes in his favour is the 11 years as a player and 3.5 years as reserve team manager at Manchester United. You won't find a better student of Alex Ferguson.

A very good point. Plus he's well known to have spent his time on the bench studying how the teams play and what the managers do, before coming on as a substitute and scoring decisive goals - because he's well prepared. He's highly rated by Ferguson as well.

Back