• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Ferguson always had a soft spot for us, Levy should get on the blower and get him out of retirement. If money doesn't motivate then surely Lewis has the connections and cash to clone Red Rum, that'll get his cheeks glowing.

Ferguson always had a soft spot for us, Levy should get on the blower and get him out of retirement. If money doesn't motivate then surely Lewis has the connections and cash to clone Red Rum, that'll get his cheeks glowing.

unfortunatley I think if SAF managed us we would see his angry red blotchy face more often than not.

Just caught the back end of an item on TalkSPort, seemed to be indicating there's a rumour circulating we maybe looking at Frank De Boer and Denis Bergkamp.

Just caught the back end of an item on TalkSPort, seemed to be indicating there's a rumour circulating we maybe looking at Frank De Boer and Denis Bergkamp.

I think there are rumours on most half decent managers at the moment. Lots of tabloids and footie gossip sites that have space to fill.

We've only had two short statements from the club since AVB's departure. From the second one:

The Club can announce that Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand will take charge of the First Team whilst the Club progresses discussions.

That's very awkward language popping up in a place where it didn't need to be. When I see words stuck together unnaturally like that I do start to wonder.

Anyone got Franco Baldini's travel itinerary for the last few weeks?

I think we're heading into our toughest challenge yet.

£107m spent with nothing to show for it so far, home form is nonexistent, a chairman who has to sanction every transfer and only likes the term 'sell on value' and sacks a manager every two years.

I really don't what to say or do, I am very worried right now.

Tottenham want Frank de Boer as new manager and the Ajax boss HAS been approached

Former Holland international ticks all the boxes for Franco Baldini in terms of playing good football and developing youngsters

Frank de Boer is top of Tottenham’s wanted list to become their next manager.

Spurs' director of football Franco Baldini has identified Ajax boss De Boer as the perfect fit to develop young players, play stylish football and show a glittering CV.

It is understood discreet enquiries have already been made to sound out De Boer and his advisers about the vacancy created at the White Hart Lane club on Monday by Andre Villas-Boas' departure.

De Boer’s assistant at Ajax is Dennis Bergkamp - a hero at Spurs' bitter rivals Arsenal - and it remains to be seen whether he would also be part of any potential set-up.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has put Tim Sherwood in temporary charge and is believed to be ready to give him a proper crack at the job.

But De Boer would be their preferred big-name appointment and given any encouragement they may be ready to make a formal approach.

De Boer has been a huge success at the Amsterdam side, winning the Dutch title and adding to his reputation as an outstanding player.

The 43-year-old was sounded out in the past by Liverpool but stayed loyal and Ajax will be reluctant to let him go now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-tottenham-manager-frank-de-2941131

Re: Capello at the game tonight

I'd be happy with De Boer, still prefer Bielsa though - just 'cause I think it'd be fun.

I dig you the most..but that is in foreign...

Rough translation...

Thu 19 Dec 2013, 00:10
Tottenham Hotspur approaches Frank de Boer
LONDON / AMSTERDAM -

Tottenham Hotspur, Ajax coach Frank de Boer approached the manager of the London club. The Italian technical director Franco Baldini has, after consultation with chairman Daniel Levy put his first steps to remove. Successful coach of Ajax within The leadership of Spurs, the young Portuguese coach Andre Villas-Boas after the 5-0 home defeat against Liverpool put on the street, sees the former Orange International the ideal trainer for now and the future.

Rough translation...

Thu 19 Dec 2013, 00:10
Tottenham Hotspur approaches Frank de Boer
LONDON / AMSTERDAM -

Tottenham Hotspur, Ajax coach Frank de Boer approached the manager of the London club. The Italian technical director Franco Baldini has, after consultation with chairman Daniel Levy put his first steps to remove. Successful coach of Ajax within The leadership of Spurs, the young Portuguese coach Andre Villas-Boas after the 5-0 home defeat against Liverpool put on the street, sees the former Orange International the ideal trainer for now and the future.

Thanks for that!

Not sure he is the guy we are after, though.

Is Frank likely to be up for 18 months work in North London followed by a massive pay off?

Think the problem is that we're a graveyard for managers. Has anyone got a decent job after us, since Venables moved to England in 92?

Would anyone have an issue with Bergkamp coming in as assistant btw? I wouldn't especially - he was always a Tottenham type player and I never remember him being particularly hostile towards us.

Back