• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Nah, I always admired him as a player despite him being a gooner, the only one I can honestly say I liked. Anyway, I get a feeling that Bergkamp may end up taking over as Ajax head honcho if we sign FDB

Think the problem is that we're a graveyard for managers. Has anyone got a decent job after us, since Venables moved to England in 92?

Venables' last couple of years with us he was no longer Manager. When he went to England they abolished post of Manager to allow him across the threshold.

Nah, I always admired him as a player despite him being a gooner, the only one I can honestly say I liked. Anyway, I get a feeling that Bergkamp may end up taking over as Ajax head honcho if we sign FDB

I hated him for his goal that knocked England out of the World Cup in 1993 (though not as much as Koeman), but I'm just about over that now.

not gonna be alot of use in any potential euro nights if he doesnt want to fly...or has he got over that?

the more I think about it, the more I want us to go for Bielsa (and sign Munain in January 8-[ )

I can't really explain it, I'd just like to see it. Would be a buzz going around again I think...

A Bielsa lineup (backups/alternatives in brackets)???

--------------------------lloris(friedel)
-----------chiriches(kaboul)--sandro(capoue)--vert(fryers)
--walker(lennon)--dembele(paulinho)--holtby(carroll)--rose(townsend)
--------------------lamela(sig)-----eriksen(munain?)
-------------------------soldado(chadli)

Go on, you know you wanna...

I think there is only a very, very small chance de Boer walks out on Ajax mid-season in the middle of a title fight and EL campaign. I can much more easily envisage Baldini striking a deal for him to come in the summer (if we're lucky), but not for now.

I suppose one calculation in de Boer's mind would be whether taking the Spurs job now might cost him a bigger job in the summer. I know very little about the Euro leagues, but just perusing them for potential jobs:

- England: Seems unlikely. Jose, Pellegrini, Moyes and Rodgers all look set for a fair few seasons. We don't know how long Wenger will stick around, but it's hard to imagine he'll just stop in the next 2 seasons. So Comedy Tottenham of the Hot White Lane would be his best offer from England any time soon.

- Germany: Klopp seems to be in a spot of bother at Dortmund. Schalke are a distant 6th. Not sure who manages there, but they look to be having a poor season results wise. Wolfsburg also a long way back and fighting for CL, but seem ambitious and have money
http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/bundesliga/table

- Italy: Inter (5th) and Milan (10th!!) seem way off pace and love sacking managers. Napoli won't have patience having spent big if they are sucking. Lazio and Fiorentina are good jobs.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/seriea/table

- Spain: it's a bit of a circus so big jobs can come up at any time. If de Boer is really impressive behind closed doors and is generally the real deal, I wouldn't rule out Barca before too long. They have form with risking good young former staffers.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/la-liga/table

- France: PSG and Monaco the only serious jobs. Blanc and Ranieri. One of those could definitely be on the table, more likely Monaco which would suit de Boer.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/ligue1/table

Meh, I guess there could be 10 jobs as good or better than Spurs that he might miss out on if he came to Spurs now. Of course he wouldn't be offered them all, but with 4 straight Eredivise titles and a Europa Cup, I'd imagine almost all of them would at least think about talking to him.

No matter how I look at it our squad looks a litlle difficult to make a balanced team from. None of our forward players strike me as goal scorers other than Soldado and Sig (Ade and Defoe on their day). Paulinho gets in good positions but seems wasteful whilst everyone else looks like a provider of one sort or another

Can someone please tell me who the hell this Bielsa is who everyone keeps mentioning? What's he like? What's he done? Where has he been? Does he say triffic?

Doesn't seem to have achieved much from what I read there.

Seems his coaching style is to over analyse things like AVB, train defenders, midfielders etc. separatly from the rest of the team and waste time watching football videos and having 4 hour long press conferences.

Be sure to tell Guardiola you don't rate him.

101 great goals and some other sites reporting that De Telegraaf in Holland is reporting that De Boer won't leave Ajax mid season.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/frank-de-boer-rejects-tottenham-approach-wont-leave-ajax-in-mid-season-de-telegraaf/

Frank De Boer rejects Tottenham approach, wont leave Ajax in mid season [De Telegraaf]

The Daily Mirror revealed on Thursday morning that Tottenham have approached Frank De Boer to take over at White Hart Lane.

Almost immediately, reports from Holland suggest De Boer has already rejected the advances from Spurs and you get the impression Daniel Levy’s search for a manager could take some time.

Tottenham’s Technical Director has approached Ajax boss De Boer to replace Andre Villas-Boas with both Jan Vertonghen and Christian Eriksen trumping the claims of their former coach.

De Boer has resurrected Ajax who have dominated the Dutch Eredivisie in recent seasons and they have also impressed in Europe – beating Barcelona in the Champions League this season.

But, Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf have revealed that De Boer will almost certainly say no as he will not leave Ajax during a season.

De Boer’s agent refused to comment to De Telegraaf on the rumours, but all signs point to the former Holland defender remaining in Amsterdam for the rest of the season.

Meanwhile, the BBC report on Thursday morning that Tim Sherwood is set for a meeting with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy today.

No direct quotes, based on what De Boer has said in the past and how the Dutch media know him to be. So not impossible, but looking less likely.

You have to remember this isn't just a person managing any old club. He is a legendary ex player there, loads of Ajax players have a huge affinity to them for their entire lives and rightly so as they have been born and bred there. Far far different to a general manager taking over a club.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ajax-coach-frank-de-boer-vows-to-stay-loyal-following-approach-from-liverpool-7770339.html
Monday 21 May 2012

Ajax coach Frank de Boer has rejected an approach to discuss the vacant manager's job at Liverpool.

Liverpool were reported to have made a a request to approach the former Barcelona player over the weekend.

Ajax have not issued a statement but have reminded interested parties that their manager is under contract. De Boer was quoted in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf today on the subject.

"I am honoured by the request [from Liverpool] but I have only just started with Ajax," he said.

"In Amsterdam, we are on a new path and I, along with Wim Jonk and Dennis Bergkamp - my colleagues on the technical side - want to bring success.

"That's why I will stay loyal to Ajax in the coming years."

Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers also turned down the chance to speak to Liverpool last week.

De Boer has indicated a willingness to stay at Ajax long-term on a number of occasions. “Would I like to remain with Ajax for the next 10 years? That would be great,” De Boer told Voetbal International in October.

"Even if Barcelona were to approach me tomorrow, I would not go. I'm not finished here," he added.

De Boer led the Dutch giants to their 31st Eredivisie title, his second championship triumph in just 16 months at the Dutch giants after over from taking over from Martin Jol in 2010.

De Boer’s side overcome a number of obstacles to put together a run of 14 straight wins to win the championship. Ajax had been in fifth place in the league, trailing leaders AZ by 11 points after the first 12 games.

Andre Villas-Boas has become a prime contender for the position following the dismissal of Kenny Dalglish last week.

I'd like De Boer to consider joining us, but I know he isn't swayed by a pound note. His links to Ajax mean he isn't going to leave that easily. Also, another sticking point is Bergkamp. Would he join Spurs as part of his coaching staff? I know he was a fan as a kid growing up, but would he jepordise his links to Arsenal? I doubt it

I'd like De Boer to consider joining us, but I know he isn't swayed by a pound note. His links to Ajax mean he isn't going to leave that easily. Also, another sticking point is Bergkamp. Would he join Spurs as part of his coaching staff? I know he was a fan as a kid growing up, but would he jepordise his links to Arsenal? I doubt it

The Bergkamp this is being portrayed as a real problem however there are a number of precedents for this sort of thing, the most glaring one being Steven Gerrard spending all his career at Liverpool despite being an Everton fan!

If Do Boer wont leave until end of season I imagine we will have Tim stay on till end of season or we bring in Hoddle alas Benitez at Chelscum.

The Bergkamp this is being portrayed as a real problem however there are a number of precedents for this sort of thing, the most glaring one being Steven Gerrard spending all his career at Liverpool despite being an Everton fan!

He isn't an Everton fan. Carragher, McManaman, Owen and Fowler all were, but Gerrard isn't

Levy has been quoted as saying that he wants the matter to be resolved quickly. I hope that means a new full time appointment is made soon. A caretaker manager, like Deadwood, being put in charge isn't resolving the issue, it's delaying the bigger decision.

Back