• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just 62 days to go until the Europa League final and potentially the last game of this season. I cannot wait for it all to be over and Sherwood out the door so I can finally feel positive about Spurs again.

I can't wait until the end of the season, reset over the summer and see what direction Levy decides to take the club. Thankfully this summer I have the World Cup to distract me.

Just 62 days to go until the Europa League final and potentially the last game of this season. I cannot wait for it all to be over and Sherwood out the door so I can finally feel positive about Spurs again.

and to see vertongen in left back position in world cup!

More importantly - 4 months today till the WC final.

Then the future can really begin.

More importantly - 4 months today till the WC final.

Then the future can really begin.

June 23rd is the key date more like, the final group games in Group B featuring Holland.........imo Holland will bomb out of their group. Spain and Chile to qualify. Holland are no longer a decent force, too many players out of form, Strootman out of the WC, also Spain and Chile will be much more suited to the sweltering conditions in Brazil. So June 23rd is the date that LVG will become free to take over at Spurs. Actually i think his appointment will be confirmed before the WC even starts just to stop the constant media badgering and questions.

Just can't get the hate for Sherwood. Really, what can he do with this lot between now and the end of the season. But whatever he COULD do it wouldn't hurt the situation if we all got behind him and the team for the next three months and then you can all hedge your bets over who comes in.

If, as seems likely, Levy goes for another Carlos Manageateam or a dingdong Van Wonalotbutyearsago, then we can all sit back and watch another car crash slowly unfold at Tottenham. However in the meantime you never know, getting behind Tim might just get us a trophy and show the board that we might just already have the man Tottenham need to take us into next season and beyond.

Just can't get the hate for Sherwood. Really, what can he do with this lot between now and the end of the season. But whatever he COULD do it wouldn't hurt the situation if we all got behind him and the team for the next three months and then you can all hedge your bets over who comes in.

If, as seems likely, Levy goes for another Carlos Manageateam or a dingdong Van Wonalotbutyearsago, then we can all sit back and watch another car crash slowly unfold at Tottenham. However in the meantime you never know, getting behind Tim might just get us a trophy and show the board that we might just already have the man Tottenham need to take us into next season and beyond.

Give me foreign or give me death!

Welcome to the board sir...you are now attributed to the support timmeh camp:)

nice to have a new recruit...

two massive blots in LVGs career are failing to take Holland to the 2002 WC, they finished 3rd in qualifying behind Portugal and wait for it, Rep of Ireland for gods sake:lol:, and following that disgrace in the summer of 2002 he took over at Barca and by Jan 2003 Barca were 3rd from bottom in La Liga:lol: and he left.......so which LVG will we get??? the genius of Ajax 91-96, AZ 2005-09, or the bumbling disaster of Holland 2000-02, Barca 2002-2003. Knowing our luck........;)

Unfortunately that's a pretty major logic fail.

Proven, experienced manager will probably fail, but complete managerial nobody with no first team experience other than what he's currently screwing up might do well? I don't see the logic.

I don't hate Sherwood, I am growing to dislike him the more I hear from him though.

I would welcome LVG, or FDB, or Prandelli, or anyone who's done a good job in a football management position before because, personally, I don't want Spurs to be a club where guys cut their management teeth, of course he might be good, but that could apply to absolutely anyone. At what point do we decide he's probably not going to be the next Bill Nic afterall and give him the painting of the Spitfire? It just seems like a nonsense to me, from the off, if we're serious about being any good, surely we employ the best we can, we don't take a punt on some guy who happens to be around and is mates with the boss and might one day get round to doing his badges, you never know maybe...

Quite typically Spurs though.

two massive blots in LVGs career are failing to take Holland to the 2002 WC, they finished 3rd in qualifying behind Portugal and wait for it, Rep of Ireland for gods sake:lol:, and following that disgrace in the summer of 2002 he took over at Barca and by Jan 2003 Barca were 3rd from bottom in La Liga:lol: and he left.......so which LVG will we get??? the genius of Ajax 91-96, AZ 2005-09, or the bumbling disaster of Holland 2000-02, Barca 2002-2003. Knowing our luck........;)

He didn't start too well at Bayern, but they still ended up doing the domestic double and lost to Inter in the Champions League final.

Welcome to the board sir...you are now attributed to the support timmeh camp:)

nice to have a new recruit...

Thanks. I don't really know what I'm pro or against anymore. I've seen 30 years of chopping and changing at the lane. AVB was a huge gamble. I knew it wasn't going to work when he brought too many players in to remould the team. Just think that maybe Sherwood with a pre-season behind him and the chance to sell two or three players and bring two or three of his own in might be as good a bet as any other. We will see. In the meantime lets get behind him. We are not going to get CL this year but why not a bit of cup glory.

He's hardly an unknown quantity. He's been a poisonous influence at the club for 15 years now. He's already been implicated in undermining two managers (Hoddle and AVB) and seems to be able to exert a wormtongue influence over Levy.

The Timmeh hate comes from things like:
- Him being a horrible and gutless player - it's like in 10 years we give our job to Charlie Adam, or in 20 years to Jack Wiltshire
- His Machiavellian power hunger and the unhealthy power base he's built up
- His blatant tactical naivety and all-round amateurism
- That he's never paid his dues - how many other top-25 European clubs would give their main job to someone whose experience consists of 15 months managing the U18s.

To me there's just something very Peter Mandelson about him.

The crux I spose is how LVG would get on with Levy...

chach makes a good point though regarding we should get behind the team until the end of the season.

I reckon there's a chance that if Pellegrini messes up the league he could be out of a job...so it wouldnt suprise me if he rocks up at the etihad come the summer.

Back