• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just thought of another name: Thomas Tuchel.

I'm sure we won't even look at him, but if a premier league team is looking for the next young up and coming Klopp type, Tuchel might not be a bad shout.

If I had to put money on his next club I would probably go for Werder Bremen, who must surely fire Robin Dutt soon -whose star is rapidly fading.

**** Mancini he's crap - barely scraped the league with a City side brimming with superstar talent playing ugly football

Moyes is a ****ing charlatan, can't believe anyone would want him me here - stayed at Everton too long, never developed anything other than workmanlike sides, appalling record against the top teams, patchy record in the transfer market and now he looks totally out of his depth at United. the only good thing going for him is that he stayed at one club for 10 years (10 years in which he achieved nothing of note)

Except breaking the top 4?

But, as I've said before, I think we should be seriously looking at Lucien Favre.

Only if LvG ends up somewhere else of course ;)

David Moyes - leaves for Utd. Utd having their worst season. Leaves Everton. Everton now having their best season.

Wow I really want him

once and promptly got shown up in the qualifiers for the CL - bottling another big game.

i wouldn't really count that as an achievement personally.

what is it that has you of the opinion he'd be great for us KD?

once and promptly got shown up in the qualifiers for the CL - bottling another big game.

i wouldn't really count that as an achievement personally.

what is it that has you of the opinion he'd be great for us KD?

Bottling it? they played a fantastic Villareal team and got absolutely conned by the ref. Breaking the top 4 is an achievement.

He's a disciplinarian and that's what we need. He knows the league better than most and contrary to what you said, i felt his Everton team played some very good stuff (with not much money to spend).

Utd won the league easily only last season. Now they will likely miss out on the top 4. To put that failure into perspective, they haven't finished outside of the top 3 for about 20 years.

He did a decent job at a club with low expectations. I am certain that he would fail with us. We have sacked managers who finished 4th/5th in the league, there's no way we'll appoint someone currently struggling to achieve that at a club with much greater resources than ours.

this

have to say though, its a miserable year for him. but one year in isolation doesnt take away from anything he has done and shouldnt do

personally i would welcome him, my only issue is that sometimes things you do elsewhere has a lasting impression on the minds of players , people talk and words get said etc etc

if he came here do you think that players would want to join us ? and play for him? ncluding the players we already have..

this

have to say though, its a miserable year for him. but one year in isolation doesnt take away from anything he has done and shouldnt do

personally i would welcome him, my only issue is that sometimes things you do elsewhere has a lasting impression on the minds of players , people talk and words get said etc etc

if he came here do you think that players would want to join us ? and play for him? ncluding the players we already have..

I don't think foreign based players would care much tbh...players from this league? maybe i'm not sure.

He's failed spectacularly at united, i'm in no way denying it, but a manager is entitled to 1 fail before being written off. AVB failed miserably at Chelski but it didn't stop people having full on hardons about his possible appointment.

Bottling it? they played a fantastic Villareal team and got absolutely conned by the ref. Breaking the top 4 is an achievement.

He's a disciplinarian and that's what we need. He knows the league better than most and contrary to what you said, i felt his Everton team played some very good stuff (with not much money to spend).

finishing 4th is only an achievement in the sense that it brings with it CL football - without that it's just a league position without anything to show for it - if he'd made a habit of it you could say he elevated Everton's position to something higher than they should expect but a one off league finish of 4th is nothing really. Everton aren't a bunch of minnows - they're one of the biggest clubs in the country and Moyes has had them around their level during his time.

The funny thing is 'workmanlike' is the exact word that best describes the brand of football we played under AVB but it was NEVER used to describe our football because AVB is a foreign manager and absolutely no other reason but that. I feel it's very easy to describe any British managers brand of football as 'workmanlike' and rarely true.

The funny thing is 'workmanlike' is the exact word that best describes the brand of football we played under AVB but it was NEVER used to describe our football because AVB is a foreign manager and absolutely no other reason but that. I feel it's very easy to describe any British managers brand of football as 'workmanlike' and rarely true.

im not sure why people feel the need to bring AVB up in such instances but since you have....

where's the comparison in 1.5 seasons V 11? are you aware that i freely admitted our style of play under AVB was not attractive? it was certainly an area i expected to see us improve over time. certainly wouldn't have been happy if our play didn't improve by the end of next season under him.

I don't think foreign based players would care much tbh...players from this league? maybe i'm not sure.

He's failed spectacularly at united, i'm in no way denying it, but a manager is entitled to 1 fail before being written off. AVB failed miserably at Chelski but it didn't stop people having full on hardons about his possible appointment.

The last paragraph is the main reason (amongst many reasons) why I would not want Moyes at Spurs. We already tried replacing one manager with a coach who had failed at another club in this country and it led to many fans feeling perplexed and perhaps a bit frustrated as to why we appointed him given his recent failure and the ensuing home games became a breeding ground for disgruntlement amongst the supporters. I'm talking about AVB btw in case that is not clear.

In my mind, I would like us to either stick with Sherwood or go for a proven manager/someone who is currently achieving some merit of success in their current job like De Boer or Cesare Prandelli. Would be a gamble of course just as Sherwood was/is.

finishing 4th is only an achievement in the sense that it brings with it CL football - without that it's just a league position without anything to show for it - if he'd made a habit of it you could say he elevated Everton's position to something higher than they should expect but a one off league finish of 4th is nothing really. Everton aren't a bunch of minnows - they're one of the biggest clubs in the country and Moyes has had them around their level during his time.

I disagree with your views on the job Moyes did at Everton, but I'm with you in the sense that I wouldn't want him at Spurs.

No thanks to Moyes. The guy had a decent record at Everton but not one that particularly impressed me and as I said elsewhere the style of football wasn't the greatest. Also after this season with UTD, I think a few players would question whether or not they want to work for this guy.

I also would like to see us move for Kagawa this summer if of course he doesn't go back to Germany. A fluid three of Kagawa, Lamela and Eriksen working off a striker??

If Moyes and even a Harry return are credible alternatives,
then Tony Pulis should also be in the running.

Hope Levy has done enough ground work on a Louis van Gaal deal.

If Moyes and even a Harry return are credible alternatives,
then Tony Pulis should also be in the running.

Hope Levy has done enough ground work on a Louis van Gaal deal.

My suggestion was only tongue-in-cheek, there is no way either party would look at a return

Back