• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ian Ladyman ‏@Ian_Ladyman_DM 2h

Further info tonight that Mancini wants to leave Turkey at season's end. Isn't enjoying lifestyle. Would love Tottenham.

Wouldn't be a step backwards but I personally don't think it would be a step forward.

No thanks. No half-way house, we need a step function increase, not somebody to help us cement top 5.
LvG all the way.

I would love to see him rip our squad up, and disregard anyone he thinks isn't up for it. There's nobody at the club with any loyalty (modern football), so there's nothing to reciprocate. The only one who, at face value, is a decent fella is Dawson, and he's not good enough.
Oh, and Brad, a proper decent chap, but he's in the latter stage of his career anyway.

I'd add Lennon to that list. He's been with the club for many years now and I'd be sad to see him in another teams colours, even if he does infuriate at times.

Mancini would fit the fancy foreign named, boring football, defend at all costs, ever bending over to take one up the arsenal void left behind by AVB.

I'm honestly not fussed either way whether we get LVG or keep Tim. But please, just no Mancini. Full stop.

We will get whoever is available after Manu have had their pick. Fact of life.

This is what I'm worried about too. We don't really want Man Utd in the manager market while we are shopping there. A complete implosion by Moyes and Utd wouldn't serve us in any sense (just a little implosion will do). We need them to put up a fight against Liverpool if we have any hope of snagging the last CL spot. Unlikely I know but stranger **** has happened.

Certainly, but in a way all of it was both interesting and promising.

If there was a manager - chairman speed dating service I think Levy would chisel van Gaal at the top of his list and paint it in with gold. At least every description of him from that interview sounds a lot like what Levy wants.

Hope you're right.

Actually looking forward to the summer now, at least we'll have some sort of clarity again who our manager is for the near future (I hope). Been so many years with this stuff and finally when AVB was looking comfortable it all kicked off again.

Van Gaal may be coming but, as always with Spurs, I'll believe it when I see it. I think there's every chance he's been talkng to Man U as well, in which case the hints about media mind-games with Mourinho might be said to take on a further significance.

From an ESPN article about him(http://espnfc.com/manager/_/id/99/louis-van-gaal?cc=5739 ):However, Van Gaal is a man who does not like to see his authority undermined.

Sounds like a perfect match for Levy. But according to the article van Gaal sounds like a flexible tactician who shapes his team from the players at his disposal, I for one would be intrigued if we got him.

Metro been reading message boards and twitter feeds I assume

Former Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini, now in charge at Turkish club Galatasaray, has told Tottenham he wants to become their manager at the end of the season.

Full story: Metro

As much as my immediate reaction to Mancini is "no thanks" the fact is he won the league title two seasons ago. We are not in a position to turn our nose up at that.... not are Man United, actually.

I wonder if Man Utd could end up with Van Gaal and we end up with Moyes...

I wouldn't mind that actually, he wouldn't be top of my list but he always impressed me

I don't think united will be that short sighted though, he's a safe pair of hands for a painful transition

**** Mancini he's crap - barely scraped the league with a City side brimming with superstar talent playing ugly football

Moyes is a ****ing charlatan, can't believe anyone would want him me here - stayed at Everton too long, never developed anything other than workmanlike sides, appalling record against the top teams, patchy record in the transfer market and now he looks totally out of his depth at United. the only good thing going for him is that he stayed at one club for 10 years (10 years in which he achieved nothing of note)

**** Mancini he's crap - barely scraped the league with a City side brimming with superstar talent playing ugly football

Moyes is a ****ing charlatan, can't believe anyone would want him me here - stayed at Everton too long, never developed anything other than workmanlike sides, appalling record against the top teams, patchy record in the transfer market and now he looks totally out of his depth at United. the only good thing going for him is that he stayed at one club for 10 years (10 years in which he achieved nothing of note)

Kagawa_Gif_OMGMOYES.gif

Agree 100%

He's obviously not done well at United but i feel he would be brilliant for us (i wanted him to replace Arry tbh). I also think it's unfair to say his Everton team were 'workmanlike' and nothing else.

Back