• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys! Seriously!
Do you not get that if LVG was appointed he would be on strict orders by Levy as well as his own common sense/decency not to say anything as it would affect the current teams motivation for the current (TS) manager. If he was in place or even close, the last thing he would be doing would make any hint to the media.

The fact that he is speaking about it means he hasnt been offered the job and is just touting himself via media channels. if your an arrogant man like LVG with such believe in your stature you wouldnt by choice put yourself out there and be saying things like "usually I would go to my villa in Portugal but if a job in England comes up I would take it - this is a bit desperate for me and not the trait of a LVG type but he feels this is something he has to do to send the message. If he did have the job he would be more true to character and sit in silence with the security and turn up at our new season press conference with a macho "I had the job all along" type demenour.

Its clear to me he wants the job, its also clear to me he knows as little as we do if he will actually get it

He hasnt said that much about Spurs anyway, the media keep bring out new stories but its the same quotes from months ago, nothing new.

This is just media filling in pages

Last edited:
Guys! Seriously!
Do you not get that if LVG was appointed he would be on strict orders by Levy as well as his own common sense/decency not to say anything as it would affect the current teams motivation for the current (TS) manager. If he was in place or even close, the last thing he would be doing would make any hint to the media.

The fact that he is speaking about it means he hasnt been offered the job and is just touting himself via media channels. if your an arrogant man like LVG with such believe in your stature you wouldnt by choice put yourself out there and be saying things like "usually I would go to my villa in Portugal but if a job in England comes up I would take it - this is a bit desperate for me and not the trait of a LVG type but he feels this is something he has to do to send the message. If he did have the job he would be more true to character and sit in silence with the security and turn up at our new season press conference with a macho "I had the job all along" type demenour.

Its clear to me he wants the job, its also clear to me he knows as little as we do if he will actually get it

He hasnt said that much about Spurs anyway, the media keep bring out new stories but its the same quotes from months ago, nothing new.

Or it's a double bluff, and he's saying he's interested to make people think that he's not been offered the job yet.

In your case it seems to have worked.

(In all seriousness though, it could be either way)

I want a manager to build something long term at Spurs.
Van Gaal will fall out with everyone within two seasons.

The reporter get the date of the Southampton match wrong.
And why did Levy give Sherwood an 18 month contract the day after meeting Van Gaal

playing devils advocate here. But saying Levy wants Van Gall but he has stated even though he is very interested he will not walk out on Holland and will only be available after the World Cup. So Levy has a dilemma. The coaches he wants are not available until the summer but we still have over half a season to go. To get the players to play commited he has to show some intent with Sherwood. If he makes the champions league then all the better. IF not he is out and lvG is in. So that must bean TS is on a very short leash. He has stated he will not go back to the youth setup, so if we did get LvG in then sherwood would be sacked with a payoff.

you are simply wishing for an impossible miracle. Levy wont allow it, he doesnt have the patience........

Guys! Seriously!

I don't think anyone's saying that he's already signed, even GB seems to be saying that the plan is van Gaal, not that he's been signed.

Van Gaal himself has said that he was offered the job in December and that he turned it down because he still has a job with the national team. After that who knows. Seems pretty obvious that he'll be interested in the summer and he's making that clear when answering questions about it.

To be honest I really don't think LVG wants the Spurs job at all.

Joking of course, I think he would be a great choice but to be honest I'm just willing to go with the flow. As other posters has said, I think as great as he'd be his personality seems to make a fall out with Levy, or Baldini, inevitable. Also our squad is mostly filled with soft characters rather than the sort who would take discipline and tough love on the chin.

To be honest I really don't think LVG wants the Spurs job at all.

Joking of course, I think he would be a great choice but to be honest I'm just willing to go with the flow. As other posters has said, I think as great as he'd be his personality seems to make a fall out with Levy, or Baldini, inevitable. Also our squad is mostly filled with soft characters rather than the sort who would take discipline and tough love on the chin.

Levy has shown with Redknapp that he doesn't have to be best friends to work with someone. It also seemed clear to me that he was willing to give AVB time up to the point where AVB showed a reluctance to even work with or take advice from those around him. To me at least Levy is quite different from for example some of the Bayern higher ups that van Gaal fell out so spectacularly in the past.

Baldini should be used to working with strong characters by now.

As for the players in our squad, I think you might be spot on. Bring in a strong man in charge and weed them the **** out. Replace them with players that are stronger.

Guys! Seriously!

There's an interesting comment by the Dutch journalist who knows him that van Gaal "finds it hard to lie".

I don't think he's 'signed sealed delivered oh yeah' yet, but he doesn't play the politician's game of deflection either.

The reporter get the date of the Southampton match wrong.
And why did Levy give Sherwood an 18 month contract the day after meeting Van Gaal

Timmeh already had an 18 month contract, it was just his role that changed. I think the logical assumption is that LvG said that he'd take the job, but not till he finishes with Holland (remember the speculation was that he would do a dual role); so Levy went back and got Timmeh to 'act up' for a bit.

Again, listen to the Dutch journalist. He said van Gaal gets off to great starts, then the falling-outs come, but it's at just that moment that the trophies (or 'babies' as he called them) start flooding in and there's no option but to back him finishing his project.

He has had decent 4-6 year stints in many of his jobs before. Remember just 3 years would make him our second longest serving manager of modern times.

As for the players in our squad, I think you might be spot on. Bring in a strong man in charge and weed them the **** out. Replace them with players that are stronger.

Our players are so ripe for strong leadership. AVB cleared out just about all those who wouldn't submit to his will, and that is why we are so rudderless now.

Its van Gaal. Its obvious.

I don't care that he's 62. Makes no odds. The odds of any manager staying at any club beyond 3-4 seasons is absolutely minimal.

van Gaal for 3-5 years? Yes please. But only definitely.

The parting shot was interesting.

Certainly, but in a way all of it was both interesting and promising.

If there was a manager - chairman speed dating service I think Levy would chisel van Gaal at the top of his list and paint it in with gold. At least every description of him from that interview sounds a lot like what Levy wants.

Its van Gaal. Its obvious.

I don't care that he's 62. Makes no odds. The odds of any manager staying at any club beyond 3-4 seasons is absolutely minimal.

van Gaal for 3-5 years? Yes please. But only definitely.

Hope you're right.

Actually looking forward to the summer now, at least we'll have some sort of clarity again who our manager is for the near future (I hope). Been so many years with this stuff and finally when AVB was looking comfortable it all kicked off again.

I think it would be fantastic for the club to get a manager like van gaal, or even better, prandelli. Would make it really hard for the fans and media to blame the manager's lack of experience/tactical shortcomings/unconvincing record when everything turns to **** after two or three seasons.

Prandelli or Van Gaal - both would be fine.

Feyenoord have actually offered a contract to Van Gaal but it's unlikely that he will say yes to it, even if it's a chance to get one over Cruyff's Ajax whom he doesn't get along with to put it mildly.

Back