• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At this juncture, I am seriously hoping despite the fact that I like him, that Real Madrid fall apart against Bayern and fail to win La Liga. Ancelotti would be bound to go then and he would be my dream appointment although the vacancy at United would interest both parties I would imagine.

if LVG ends up at Utd then Levy would have been screwed over by his mate Ed Woodward at Utd :lol:...... snooze and you lose Danny boy

Don't think this one would be down to Levy snoozing. He's probably made a big play for LVG. LVG has quite sensibly decided to wait and see, in the knowledge that quite a few of Europe's top jobs could be up for grabs this summer.

For me van Gaal looks certain to join ManUre after WC.
I don't think Klopp is ready to change the league and will want to change the 2nd best german club with CL for ManUre without eurocup next season.
I wouldn't like Blanc, Pochettino and Laudrup. Always thought they're a bit overrated and can't overachieve.
May be Spaletti, de Boer, but I'm not sure we're the only club to track them and these options will be available.

Looks like we're fcked. Again. Especially if Levy considers Moyes as an option.

He's exactly what we need? To consolidate our 6th-7th spot in the Premiership for the next 10 years?

I think he's better than that. He did that with Everton.

Redknapp had no history of fighting for top 4 before us but it didn't take him long.

At this level they all know how to fish, it's more about the size of the spear. (in this analogy the united "spear" is blunt and broken by years of Marlin hunting)

Don't think this one would be down to Levy snoozing. He's probably made a big play for LVG. LVG has quite sensibly decided to wait and see, in the knowledge that quite a few of Europe's top jobs could be up for grabs this summer.

not in Dec/Jan.....it was quite clear back then that LVG was pushing hard for the Spurs job but had to quieten down because of the distraction it was causing to Sherwood and Spurs. That was the time to get him to sign a contract

not in Dec/Jan.....it was quite clear back then that LVG was pushing hard for the Spurs job but had to quieten down because of the distraction it was causing to Sherwood and Spurs. That was the time to get him to sign a contract

Actually....yes it was.

LVG doesn;t live in some kind of bubble, he could see as well as the rest of us that Moyes was struggling. It wouldn't have taken a huge leap to see that the biggest job in this country may open up as someone was taking them from comfortable league winners to barely challenging for 4th spot.

LVG is a huge manager. He doesn't need to rush his decision and most likely would have told Levy to **** off if he had tried to pressurise him into doing so.

One name I've been surprised not to see linked with us, is the alternative/runner-up to AVB that Levy was considering two years ago - Laurent Blanc.

There's some suggestion he may be leaving PSG.

How about Blanc at United? Former player, Blanc boss Giggs assistant?

Actually....yes it was.

LVG doesn;t live in some kind of bubble, he could see as well as the rest of us that Moyes was struggling. It wouldn't have taken a huge leap to see that the biggest job in this country may open up as someone was taking them from comfortable league winners to barely challenging for 4th spot.

LVG is a huge manager. He doesn't need to rush his decision and most likely would have told Levy to **** off if he had tried to pressurise him into doing so.
nobody thought back in Dec that moyes would get the chop so soon. Levy has tried to play a smart game, like he always tries. Just look at his last minute transfer brokering.:lol:Hire Tim on a 18th month deal, stop LVG from talking to the press, have some stability till the end of the season and then appoint LVG. Back in Dec LVG had announced he was quitting international football after the world cup, he was up for the PL challenge, had met Levy, publicly stated he was interested, almost everyone in Holland was convinced he was taking the Spurs job. Imo Levy had LVG in the palm of his hand but has potentially let him slip away. We shall see

So you're suggesting that Levy passed up the opportunity of securing LVG, preferring to gamble on his availability in the summer, purely to keep Sherwood happy? Not sure that squares to me.....!

....Really? I didn't think it was guaranteed but it was quite clear that Moyes was struggling big time at that point, Man Utd (the champions) were 8th when we fired AVB. It doesn't take the biggest leap to imagine that there was a chance they would be considering his future at the end of the season.

As I said, LVG is a big manager. He doesn't need to jump straight into a job, he knows that managers get fired at all times and anyone with an inkling of football knew that the biggest job in the premier league was looking far less stable than it had at any time for the past 26 years.

Levy hasn't tried to play a 'smart game' at all. I really don't think we're as a big a draw as people think we are, especially when the Man Utd job doesn't look 100% stable. If I was in LVG's position in December, I know there is no chance that I'd tie myself down to a club the size of Tottenham's in December. It would have made no sense for me at all. Something better could pop up in the PL and I'm eyeing up the Man Utd job in particular. And if it doesn't....well Tottenham likely aren't going to pass up the opportunity to sign me in June.

First and foremost I want a manager who is hungry for success at spurs and ideally here for the long term

LVG doesn't necessarily tick those boxes per say

This would be his last job and he would probably only be managing another 5 years

At united he would have money to burn (although I fail to see how they would comply with FFP as their profits are only £80m with champions league money) and he has Giggs ready to hand over to

But he also has some bizarre back office people involved. Woodward for instance has shown a real incompetence when buying players and they need to buy a lot. Then you have the situation that after they have brought the initial batch in (that someone will have to Identify) will they spend season on season as their model under the Glazers seems to be about buying young expensive potential rather than ready made.

United need a. Retain type of manager and I'm not sure it's a LVG role. Klopp would be a great fit from what he has done at. Dortmund but would he want to leave there at the moment!

....Really? I didn't think it was guaranteed but it was quite clear that Moyes was struggling big time at that point, Man Utd (the champions) were 8th when we fired AVB. It doesn't take the biggest leap to imagine that there was a chance they would be considering his future at the end of the season.

As I said, LVG is a big manager. He doesn't need to jump straight into a job, he knows that managers get fired at all times and anyone with an inkling of football knew that the biggest job in the premier league was looking far less stable than it had at any time for the past 26 years.

Levy hasn't tried to play a 'smart game' at all. I really don't think we're as a big a draw as people think we are, especially when the Man Utd job doesn't look 100% stable. If I was in LVG's position in December, I know there is no chance that I'd tie myself down to a club the size of Tottenham's in December. It would have made no sense for me at all. Something better could pop up in the PL and I'm eyeing up the Man Utd job in particular. And if it doesn't....well Tottenham likely aren't going to pass up the opportunity to sign me in June.

Top 15 club in the world financially, new stadium on the horizon, #1 league, top 5 the past 5 years or so. There really isn't a bigger job available, that was until this morning.

If Man Utd want van Gaal they'll get him. Its as simple as that really.

Doesn't matter if they get him or not, there are plenty of candidates out there who i'm sure would be interested in the spurs job and who surely have the ability to grow with us as a club (move into new stadium etc).

Its a great time to take over Man Utd with expectations lowered, Sir Alex monkey off the back etc, but its also a potentially good time to take over a club like Spurs. A young, hungry manager could really move up into a different league with us over the coming years.

Top 15 club in the world financially, new stadium on the horizon, #1 league, top 5 the past 5 years or so. There really isn't a bigger job available, that was until this morning.

I'm not saying we re a small club. Just that lvg is a big manager with a big ego.

He's worked at some of the world's biggest clubs and won the title at each club he's been at.

So when levy comes along in January and says sign now, as I said, if I was him, I'd tell levy to do one. Because other jobs might open up but we re not gonna be able to get a better manager by June. And he would have known that.

So you're suggesting that Levy passed up the opportunity of securing LVG, preferring to gamble on his availability in the summer, purely to keep Sherwood happy? Not sure that squares to me.....!

i said the distraction it was causing to Sherwood and Spurs. We were still potentially fighting for 4th/5th.

Back