• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He wouldn't be my first, second or third choice either but I would take him next season over Deadwood if LVG, RDB, FSW, etc were no goes.

fid Stoke really ever spend enough to transform the team into a potential footballing team? or just one player or so every now and again to fill the gaps?

He wouldn't be my first, second or third choice either but I would take him next season over Deadwood if LVG, RDB, FSW, etc were no goes.

fid Stoke really ever spend enough to transform the team into a potential footballing team? or just one player or so every now and again to fill the gaps?

Stoke spent A LOT of money in the latter Pulis year, believe me! And theor football was stil stale; some say that if anything it got worse. That was the reason they parted with Pulis: little return on investment (half of the more 'footballing' signings were even played)

If Pulis is the answer then the question must be....

Who is the only gettable manager that Tottenham Hotspur could appoint who would make their current defenders look competant?

He has done well at Palace tbf

Consolidate them in the Prem over the next couple of seasons and he could get himself a job at a bigger club.

I don't think Pulis is too far away from Redknapp to be honest.... Given a chance with a stella squad it would be interesting to see how he went. Redknapp played some dire football when his squads were workmanlike but worked well with emerging talent when they were available.

He would divide this board like nothing we have seen before though, if the Haterz and Loverz are bad over Redknapp, AVB and Deadwood then Pulis will be the GG civil war to end all others but there may be something in Pulis that actually is so pragmatic and yet capable of freing us up that it could be beautiful.

Him or deadwood? I need TP for my bunghole I say.

I don't think us appointing a dead horse would divide this board/fans as much as TS

It's one of my issues with TS, he's divisive .. I would take Pulis over TS .. to your point, another Redknapp maybe

Allegri's CV:

2003–2004 Aglianese
2004–2005 Real SPAL
2005 Grosseto
2006 Grosseto
2007–2008 Sassuolo
2008–2010 Cagliari
2010–2014 Milan

That is Ramos and Santini all over again. Yes, a Serie A title 4 years ago is impressive, but so was winning the EL twice and coaching France. IMO there is absolutely no way Levy is going to appoint that profile of CV again. IMO he'd give the job to Sherwood before he gives it to any of these Ramos/Santini/Allegri/Spalletti types. Quite simply, none of them has a compelling enough CV to insist on appointment.

For those worried about Moyes, bear this in mind: If Levy appoints Moyes, that would be Spurs picking up Top 4 sloppy seconds managers twice in a row. And potentially, sacking said sloppy seconds twice in a row. I cannot for the life of me imagine the thought of that indignity appeals to Levy.
why do you think Levy wont make the same mistake again??? hiring Ramos shows he didnt learn from Santini.....sacking Hoddle and having an in house appointment for the rest of the season has been repeated with AVB and Sherwood. If he goes for moyes it means he hasnt learnt from the dour AVB experiment. Levy doesnt learn, thats the whole problem. Im sorry but managerial appointment wise he hasnt got a clue!!I wouldnt be at all surprised if Allegri rolls up at WHL.

Am I seriously reading people actually considering the idea of appointing Pulis as Spurs manager? The guy is the OPPOSITE to the club's values. Seriously, Spurs are dead the day they appoint Pulis, absolutely dead.

The guy players horrible football that involves bullying the opposition, creating a battle of attrition in midfield, then winning the game on set plays. This is what you want for Spurs? Blimey!

Am I seriously reading people actually considering the idea of appointing Pulis as Spurs manager? The guy is the OPPOSITE to the club's values. Seriously, Spurs are dead the day they appoint Pulis, absolutely dead.

The guy players horrible football that involves bullying the opposition, creating a battle of attrition in midfield, then winning the game on set plays. This is what you want for Spurs? Blimey!

I don't think anyone wants that, it's just that he's preferable to Timmeh - I think that shows just how low people's opinions of Timmeh are.

I don't think anyone wants that, it's just that he's preferable to Timmeh - I think that shows just how low people's opinions of Timmeh are.

I'd say they were about the same for me on the "want to punch them in the face whenever I see/hear them" scale and to be fair to Timmeh, i'd say his record as Spurs manager is decent, therefore, better the devil you know?

Seriously, we appointed Timmeh because we were in a tight spot, if we have a summer to plan for the future and make a careful selection and come up with Pulis, then well, we may as well give up!

Moyes officially sacked. No LVG for us

I still don't think United will go for him (though I expect he wants the job). He's too big a beast for them. Reports are that he put the United board off at their meeting last week.

They'll go for Klopp (at least first) IMO

One name I've been surprised not to see linked with us, is the alternative/runner-up to AVB that Levy was considering two years ago - Laurent Blanc.

There's some suggestion he may be leaving PSG.

One name I've been surprised not to see linked with us, is the alternative/runner-up to AVB that Levy was considering two years ago - Laurent Blanc.

There's some suggestion he may be leaving PSG.
boring football

I wonder how seriously Levy considered Moyes after sacking Redknapp.

I have to say I'd favor him now, I think he's exactly what we need.

if LVG ends up at Utd then Levy would have been screwed over by his mate Ed Woodward at Utd :lol:...... snooze and you lose Danny boy

What a nice payout Moyes is going to get ontop of what his next job will be.

Wonders if Moyes will be professional or call out the players ala Sherwood. For me it wasn't Moyes to blame, its the players that downed tools who are qunts.

I wonder how seriously Levy considered Moyes after sacking Redknapp.

I have to say I'd favor him now, I think he's exactly what we need.

He's exactly what we need? To consolidate our 6th-7th spot in the Premiership for the next 10 years?

Back