• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm gonna skip all of this, can't influence it, but some fun in guessing.

More serious business of the WC next month, and dreaming of which players (defenders and creative midfield general) which we could get next season.

This.

Poch has managed a mid-table team and done fairly well with them (whether due to being a great manager or lucky he had lallana/shaw/rodriguez hitting form at the right time who knows)

De Boer has played for the biggest teams in the world and won trophies. He has also managed Ajax and won the league 4 times in a row so at least he knows a thing or two about competing for a league (pressure, expecation etc.)

Seems like a no brainer to me.

And there lies the problem for me levy and no brainers :-k

He always does the oposite to what seems to make perfect sense
I for one will not look forward to once again looking at frank tear us a new arsehole at which ever club he ends up at and saying I knew it whilst we are once again looking for mr wrong :(

Poch is not the man for us. He went into saints they were doing well and he's played some good football with some talented players but under no expectations. Levy needs to get this one correct as it will be his neck on line if another failure. I've seen over last couple of days he's been getting cained in the press and IMO rightly so Clive Allen said great businessman but not great at making football decisions.

I feel it has to be somebody who has been there, seen it, done it, not another well he could be good type appointment...

One thing that makes me want Pochettino over De Boer is their record in 'big games' and their consistency of performance and solidity of defence.

Southampton lost by more than 2 goals on only 3 occasions this season, to Chelsea, Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project, and they never lost by more than 3 goals this season. Us and Chelsea were also the only teams that finished above them in the table that they didn't take points off at some point this season, with Southampton victories recorded away to Liverpool and home to Everton as well as home draws with Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project and home and away draws with Man Utd.

This is Southampton we're talking about before people moaning that we wouldn't be happy with that kind of record and also, it is much better than our record, with a much better squad, this season.

Now looking at De Boer's record with Ajax, what alarms me is the number of heavy defeats. Heavy defeats suffered particularly domestically. These are some of Ajax's results THIS season:

PSV 4 - 0 Ajax (Eiredivisie)
Ajax 0 - 3 SV Salzburg (Europa League)
SV Salzburg 3 - 1 Ajax (Europa League)
PEC Zwolle 5 - 1 Ajax (Dutch cup final)

I've picked out the particularly shocking defeats, but there were plenty more defeats for them this season, which would be classed as dissapointing results, despite closer scorelines.

I've also taken out thrashings to the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan this season as you can't really expect Ajax to compete with these clubs.

To me, you'd struggle to find really dissapointing results for Pochettino where you look at a reverse Southampton have suffered and thought "blimey, i didn't expect that".

Btw, anyone know what is meant to be happening with our coaches now that TS has gone?

I read today in the Standard (I think) that Ferdinand, Ramsay AND Freund were all expected to depart!

Who: Storts
Where: COYS
When: 14th May

Ramsey and Les going, not sure on Freund currently, think he will be staying

Thought I'd leave this here for those that think Pochettino can't speak english, also remember this was recorded a year ago, no doubt it's improved since.

[video=youtube;BAieod4JpnY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAieod4JpnY[/video]

One thing that makes me want Pochettino over De Boer is their record in 'big games' and their consistency of performance and solidity of defence.

Southampton lost by more than 2 goals on only 3 occasions this season, to Chelsea, Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project, and they never lost by more than 3 goals this season. Us and Chelsea were also the only teams that finished above them in the table that they didn't take points off at some point this season, with Southampton victories recorded away to Liverpool and home to Everton as well as home draws with Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project and home and away draws with Man Utd.

This is Southampton we're talking about before people moaning that we wouldn't be happy with that kind of record and also, it is much better than our record, with a much better squad, this season.

Now looking at De Boer's record with Ajax, what alarms me is the number of heavy defeats. Heavy defeats suffered particularly domestically. These are some of Ajax's results THIS season:

PSV 4 - 0 Ajax (Eiredivisie)
Ajax 0 - 3 SV Salzburg (Europa League)
SV Salzburg 3 - 1 Ajax (Europa League)
PEC Zwolle 5 - 1 Ajax (Dutch cup final)

I've picked out the particularly shocking defeats, but there were plenty more defeats for them this season, which would be classed as dissapointing results, despite closer scorelines.

I've also taken out thrashings to the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan this season as you can't really expect Ajax to compete with these clubs.

To me, you'd struggle to find really dissapointing results for Pochettino where you look at a reverse Southampton have suffered and thought "blimey, i didn't expect that".

The Ajax team this season apart from blind are the equivalent to our under 21s mate
they were never expected to do well in europe and 3 teams in holland were on paper much stronger than Ajax.
I think them winning the title this year was akin to a act of GHod ;)
Go back to when he had a a better line up before we took the star players
Beat barca beat ac beat Emirates Marketing Project and a poor manure.

if I chose results purely from pochs nearly relegated Espanyol team I bet they would be similar or probably worse.
Again im not saying poch is sh** he may turn out ok I just have massive doubts over him and I want a manager who knows how to cross the finish line not get near it.

pochs Southampton conceed or seem to late goals as they struggle to keep up the work rate top sides finish matches stronger.

That's just 1 of my concerns there are many others.
All appointments are a gamble I just believe he is a bigger gamble than than the others.

Surely if you all want a manager who is tried and tested then FSW is the choice? It's who I voted for

Rafa please. If we do get him, I really hope the fans will give him a wide berth. I know he tinkers a lot and the football can be uninspiring but the man delivers.

Rafa please. If we do get him, I really hope the fans will give him a wide berth. I know he tinkers a lot and the football can be uninspiring but the man delivers.

Maybe I'm not a realist but I would prefer a bit more of a swash-buckling, attacking Spurs that were enjoyable to watch. I know you can't have it all but if there is even a small chance that someone else could bring attacking football and still have some success then I would take that risk over the certainty of having to watch a Benitez team rotating and grinding out results.

In whose opinion would it be harsh? I'd be very disappointed and underwhelmed personally.

Likewise the least of all the managers interested to be honest.

and rafa as I have said before I just don't like him ,irrational ? Maybe true ? Definitely.
For once it would be nice to get our own manager not another pl cast off and noy associated in any way to chelsea

But that's a serious issue.

a) It goes completely against Levy's comments about style of play, performances etc.

b) Even if it weren't already an issue, it wouldn't take long to become one. Look at what happened with AVB. The moment there is a dip, the negative style amplifies the problem and it becomes a downward spiral.

We won't be going there, I'm fairly certain...!

Btw, anyone know what is meant to be happening with our coaches now that TS has gone?

I read today in the Standard (I think) that Ferdinand, Ramsay AND Freund were all expected to depart!

I hope Freund and Parks stay.

I'm more concerned about Parks, as you can have 3 assistants (2 brought in like Poch has and AVB and Timmeh had) plus 1 internal, but Poch has his own GK coach that he brought with him from Espanyol and you only tend to have one of those.

Clive Allen said great businessman but not great at making football decisions.

That is why Baldini is head of football operations and will be heavily involved in the coach recruitment.

Surely if you all want a manager who is tried and tested then FSW is the choice? It's who I voted for

It's a bit like our transfer strategy though. We can't get Yaya Toure (LvG, Guardiola). So do we go for Scott Parker (Benitez, Moyes) or Sandro (Poch, FdB)? Experienced but limited, or a bit raw with big potential?

Back